World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best so Far in E3

Go down 
+3
Leokane
Joker
Kimo Force
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Sony revealed a whole lot of epic stuff last night at E3. This topic is going to be for which games and parts were you excited for the most starting from yesterday, and onwards through E3.
Here's what I'm excited for the most:

- Kingdom Hearts III
- Watch Dogs
- Batman Arkham Origins
- inFamous Second Son
- Final Fantasy XV / Final Fantasy Versus XII (Name change does feel like a slap to the face however)
- Transistor
- Destiny
- The Order

Here's what I can't wait to hear about:

- Bayonetta 2
- Pokemon X / Pokemon Y
- Sonic Lost World
- Thief

Here's what I'm also hoping to be included as well if not already:

- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5 (Surprise the fans maybe?)
- Blazblue Chronophantasma (Again, surprise the fans)
- New Super Smash Bros.
- New Burnout (Most likely not going to happen, but eh, it's there)

Yet, this was still my favorite part of the conference for Sony.

Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Waifu : Jokercard

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 pm

You forgot the Star Wars: Battlefront Announcement
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Joker wrote:
You forgot the Star Wars: Battlefront Announcement
It was announced some time back before E3, but it only swam as a "rumor'. Besides, I didn't see that part, my stream lagged during the Sony conference and my internet was too weak to load up all the other conferences which came before that. I'm not mentioning everything they said, just the stuff I liked in particular. If you noticed, I didn't even mention several games like Mad Max and that new weird Sorcerer's ip.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Games I would what to see:
New F-Zero
New SSX
New Island Xtreme Stunts
New Lego Racers
New Street Fighter
New Neverwinter Nights
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Leokane wrote:
Games I would what to see:
New Lego Racers
New Street Fighter

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but I don't think they'll make a new Lego Racers. It's a shame though, I have both and they were amazing.

Yeah, a new Street Fighter would be nice. More importantly though, we haven't heard from Bandai about Tekken X Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 am

Don't forget Nintendo, which everything looked good by the way.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 am

Destiny....I'm pumped for that. I also want to see more of the Indie games PS4 has to offer. The ones they showed already looked interesting.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:56 am

Day 1 was fun,
First great thing was at the start of the MS press conference, the new MGS trailer. It seemed like it was AC'ing it up a bit, and it was kinda reminiscent of mgs 3 in a way (which is ok anyways), but I found it pretty good with all the stuff included. If the character reveal hyped you down, well, I'm a japanime guy here, I loved every bit of it, as guilty as it makes me feel.
Then we got xbox360 screentime and xbox360 remake, so I guess they are saying, since it's not backwards compatible, buy a new xbox 360? Those target groups really must be made of money. I think I should remember something from it standing out, but I don't.
Then we got Ryse: The Quick Time event, sunset overdrive could turn out cool, but we got 0 gameplay and it's a new IP, so who the heck knows what that'll turn out to be (I trust new IPs with cool trailers as much as the next guy, I just have no idea what kind of game they will be, at least not after dead island).
Forza was... well... still a japanime guy here so, I hate simulators, be it sports or racing, that do not include plumbers and green shells. The funny side is, now there's a driver in your car, and he will monitor you, stalk you, follow you, copy you and when you are not around, he will play your video games, so I guess forza is opening up to the sci-fi horror genre. On the other hand, it's a cool feature, basically they are using the CLOOOOOOOOOUUUUD to develop the AI with player input, which on the one hand is "hey, technology, fun" (which it is, don't get me wrong), on the other it's "let's make a favour to those guys at microsoft and justify their silly always online shit", which is the same thing NFS is doing btw.
Hmm, am I petty? I kinda don't want to play AI that is like players. If I want to take the risk and play competitivelly against someone I'll do it, but when I play AI I just want something that will take a beating with no consequences and never learn, for my self satisfaction, so I don't get what's the whole fad with "omg, ai learns from players and is a genius!" stuff. I'm petty, aren't I...
Oh, they also had a car. On stage. It's the new CoD dog.
And then we got Minecraft! o...k...
Next we had quantum break, great graphics on humans there, still no idea what the game does, and the plot is about a cop who controls time? Something like that. Anyways, it's a remedy game, you know, you'll play a movie. Which is cool, I kinda enjoy those games.
Next was project spark, but the guy presenting it looked to be young, pretty and wealthy, so I skipped it. What I got from it is that it's one of those "we wanted to make a game, but we got nothing, so you make the game instead" kind of things. It looks cool though.
Next, the word smart was mentioned as a prefix, so I skipped that too. I think basically it was about how you can lobby for a game while playing another, and a black guy beating up a woman with an ipad, while using sexual innuendos and then uploading the whole thing to the internet. Also, there was killer instinct. And then there was twitch to compete with the sony share button.
Crimson Dragon was next, it looked cool, it was about dragons, flying, they were pretty. They were doing on rails shooting, and there was no sound so you could clearly hear the one guy "WOO!"ing. More people should have "woo"d, it was pretty.
Next there was dead rising 3, not familiar with the franchise though and I never was a zombie fan anyways, so iunno what it's about. Apparently some people are excited about it. Apparently some people are disappointed with it. Anything goes.
Then we had the witcher 3, which was nice, witcher games are great. Won't say it looked next gen, because, just like the bf4 issue, it's not that huge of an upgrade. The witcher 2 was already there, ready to gobble up your pc resources the second you clicked on the executable, so you have to add the word "console" to your description. The new "console" version of the witcher looks so great, by console standards, but still great. Regardless, looks don't mean that much, it's a bigger sequel to a great game series, that's good enough.
Speaking of bf4, there was also bf4. It was one of the fails of e3. Video wouldn't start so the guy presenting it was looking horrible. He didn't even look like he wanted bf4 anymore, he just wanted someone to kill him and put him out of his misery. Eventually, the video started though, so on to the game. Water looked great, fire looked great. By the end of the day I got tired with their obsession with water, but it did look great. Again, BF3 on the PC was there, but as a console experience it's nice. Better than CoD: Dogs I guess. We didn't get the multiplayer experience yet at that point though, which later turned out to be pretty interesting, regardless it looked like a great solo campaign. But hey, maybe fish in BF4 don't move out of the way in the end. dun dun dun.
Below.
WHAT.
?
That was the next game, below was. It had walking, and it was tiny, but it's different and it could turn out interesting. Apparently though there is a "kinected" world involved, so that worries me.
Then, a guy was walking in the desert, in a sandstorm, and he was completely covered by those desert cape or whatever cloth things that cover you whole to do something about the sand and sunlight or whatever. Then he was attacked by a digimon or something of the sort. Apparently, the guy was Master Chief so it was the next Halo game. One might wonder, what is the guy wearing one of the most advanced full body armor in fiction, which can probably help you survive in space, using cloth to cover himself for, but hey, armor ratings, you never know what enchants the cape may have. Either that or Spartan armor just can't handle sand. Maybe it gets in places? Also, CLOOOOOOOOOOUUUD, and 60 fps, that's so next gen.
There was Titanfall. Titanfall looks cool. We dig giant robots, and giant jumps and maneuverability and fps action switching nicely. I have a small fear it may be frustrating, because it happens, but other than that I like it. It looks fun, and it's coming out on PC too, 360 as well.
500$, november, europe is screwed over in prices. That's all.
TV!
was not mentioned actually, which was disappointing, it would have been funny
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference/?tag=Topslot;Slot4

A couple of hours later we got EA. Yeah, EA is shit, but it also has games.
It started with plants vs zombies. Third person shooter, yeah, but it looks pretty fun, I like it. It's the kind of thing that would be great playing with friends.
We got titanfall after that, but who cares. Trailers are to give you information, but we know all we need, all that's left is playing it. Basically at that point it is "big words, big words, big words, exciting, cloud, robots, shoot"
We got a SW Battlefront teaser, I love the series, but can't trust EA with it until I see something solid, sorry.
We got Need For Speed, there's a story, it's about cops and racers, you know it, sure. It was basically about the fact you can do the always online thing, so that the guy running after you (because let's face it, cool kids are the racers, not the cops) could be an ai, but it could also be a player. Is it a stalker? Is it a jerk? Is it an innocent computer program? Who knows? You don't, because you are staying online regardless. Xbox One! It's relevant. Again, I feel petty, I don't want people trying to ruin my fun, I want stupid ai. Please. Not that I'll play racing games for a while anyways. There was also Jessie Pinkman. Nothing to do with gaming whatsoever.
New Dragon Age too! Didn't disclose too much, and it will probably take a bit, but new dragon age is nice. I want to burn things. And no cloud. Fuck the cloud. That's good.
Unfortunately, EA also has this thing called EA Sports. Unfortunately, I've known that for many years. If I liked sports, would I be a gamer? Think about it.
I'll summarize regardless.
Basketball now has dribbling! In their words, it was their number one priority. Dribbling. Yeah. A basketball player was on stage. Apparently he can dribble. Don't ask, still a gamer here. Trailer came up, dribbling was fine, eyes were asleep.
There was Madden NFL. It's that thing about ball wrestling. Don't know much about it.
Apparently though, EA is now giving players the ability to think intelligently.
Thank you, EA. Thank you.
The guy probably meant the AI, worded it horribly, he deserves every bit of ridicule.
There's better footwork too. Who cares, you have the ball in your hands, stupid americans. The dirt on the clothes has better graphics too. I know you wanted it.
Then there was FIFA, only sports game I've played, and still I prefer PES. It was in spanish, they probably thought it would sound cool, and football has no business with american english anyways. There was an american soccer player on stage. Pfft.
Players think intelligently here too, again EA gave the ability. Thank you, EA.
It's funny that they kept marketing it, because basically what they were saying is, players who are not directly controlled by you will now have an actual AI. Yeah, we haven't done proper AI programming for 20 years even though we are one of the biggest game developers, but we are starting now, and we want it to sound like a breakthrough, although it's not something they should be proud of.
Last, we got boxing. There was an announcer and boxers on stage, no actual boxing done though, regardless having all they need. In this boxing game, you will see the naked male body be altered on impact if you pay close attention to it. I know you like it. I think it was also about the primal instincts that lead to boxing. Still a video game.
Then there was Battlefield mode, multiplayer. Which was great. When the map, Siege of Shanghai was mentioned, people were really excited. No idea why.
It was a massive multiplayer game with the environment constantly changing and many factors included like vehicles in air land and sea, as well destroying structure, traversing buildings, etc. In the end, a tall building fell. It was fun. It was also about a guy being a commander through a tablet, leading the army and stuff. There were a lot of tablets at e3, I think they really want to sell them. Makes you wonder, if you are playing it on Xbox One, can you lead them with an iPad?
It's great, and exciting concept. The problem in implementation is on player side. Basically, you need 64 players who do not have the mentality of a 12 year old cod player, to play a mainstream fps on a console.
There are great multiplayer communities out there, who will play a game online properly and in a good fun way. Those communities are not in mainstream fps games. There, there are either big douchebags or small douchebags. A tier system in matchmaking could be implemented to dynamically exclude such douchebags from the better lobbys, based not just on their in game score, since things like listening to the team is not something the system can record, but on player opinion as well, which is dangerous in a way, but helps. Ofc, then you run the risk of still running into the other kind of douchebag, the elitist pro douchebag, but oh well, it's an FPS, some things won't change.
If you have 31 friends who play battlefield 4 with you though, power to you man, I guarantee you will have continuous fun with this game for at least 5 years straight. But you don't have that. Usually you run in the risk of the reader being that 1% when you say that, but in this case, I know, you don't have that.
Things like clans or whatever could help with that though as the next best thing.
Mirror's Edge 2 was announced, that's nice, I still need to play 1. Cool game.
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ea-press-conference/?tag=Topslot;Slot5

1 hour later we had Ubisoft. They are not EA sports but they had kinect shit so you still had to bear with them a bit. Also there was this black girl who sucked at jokes, she continued with them regardless throughout the whole presentation. At least it wasn't the killer instincts guy I guess. Almost, there were innuendos there too. Oh, they also had a musician in the beginning. I think it was about a music game or something? Don't know, nobody cares.
So fast forward! Splinter Cell: Blacklist. The blacklist are the bad guys, apparently they are the engineers and want the US to pull their troops out of foreign countries, otherwise they will attack USA. I support them.
Rayman, was... not mario?
The mighty quest for epic loot was next. It was a game about having a castle and fortifying so that others won't steal from it, and then steal from others who fortified their castle. It's again the regular "we had no game idea, so make a game yourself" thing, but it could be cool, if it's free.
They also had the South Park game, The Stick of Truth. It was a South Park game.
Then cars started building themselves! Alibaba said they were possessed, I believe him. The game was The Crew. It used the CLOOOOOOOOUUUUD to facebook your friends about playing with you, or something, and made it sort of a driving mmo. It's ok, test drive did that way before, but it wasn't using THE CLOOOOOOOUUUUD on a console, so it's better. You're welcome again microsoft. Also, apparently, it's as big as the whole USA- no, no american joke here. Cars can teleport though so don't worry.
Watchdogs graphis looked great. We didn't get gameplay yet on that conference, but we did get great visuals. They didn't hack a kinect.
Then we got insignificant shit that you don't do with a controller. Then it was ravin rabbids something for Teeeeeveeeeeee! It would be a TV show that would be interactive, through kinect? So, Dora Rabbids Xbox edition? We were also told "TV is about to invade your living room", I'm so excited.
Next we had the Assassins looking for the treasure of Gol D. Rogers in AC4, just trailers, not much gameplay in this conference either, I guess they saved it all for PS4, so nothing much to say, other, not much parkour going on.
Then a biker tried to destroy BOTH your TV and your smart phone, making the whole concept of Xbox One pointless, so it's a next gen X mobiles bikes game, don't care.
A surprise was The Division. It's an MMO, story was pretty damn meh and hastily put together, but it's a survival gun mmo, which is a great concept, therefore the game is good if done well. You can also use a tablet. They are really pushing dem tablets. For the game itself, it looks tons of fun to play with friends, but problem is you kinda need friends playing with you to get the right atmosphere, because if the atmosphere is gone, it's kinda a borefest. People enjoy borefests though, so it's still ok.
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ubisoft-press-conference/?tag=Topslot;Slot4

Last in the day was Sony, as you may have heard, they beat Xbox. Let's face it, it's true. On to it though.
They talked about Vita. I won't talk about Vita. Although it gets FFX remastered. I'll say that.
I was never too excited about Uncharted, I'd like to play it, but I won't worship it, so naturally, I'm not a naughty dog fanboy, sorry. That sentiment carries over to the last of us. It looks ok, I'd like to play it, I don't feel like I need to play it though, but it's a good game I guess. Puppeteer happened next, it happened fast, so I don't get it. Also, I hear there will be Rain in fall, sony had a trailer of it.
Beyond Two Souls looked great as a game, it was PS3 so visuals weren't as great in comparison, facial animations were spot on though.
There was gran turismo 6, I don't know if that stalks you too. Probably not, it's PS3 so it's not about THE CLOOOOOOOUUUUD.
PS4 titles were next, and first was batman. Batman, was, well, batman. I mean, they changed developers, so they can't take big risks, it's the same thing better, basically, supposedly. If you get it on PS4 you can be dracula batman. Fun.
The box was revealed too. It was PS2-2. You might have seen it as a terminal of various uses in one of your sci-fi futuristic games. Or as a piece of level design. From games, to games, it's beautiful in a way.
TV!
Didn't come up, it was there but they didn't say it like that, there was movies and music too, because there's this thing called Sony Entertainment, so they wanted to do some Xbox One things. Boring. Skip it.
We got a japanese guy next, he brought games, he knew what's up.
New IP was The Order, but like the sunshine thingy, it's just a trailer of a new IP. It did however show the concept behind it, which looks interesting. I like it. A bit.
There was also the new Killzone, but it's a console only FPS ultimately, so w/e.
They also had a Driveclub racing game, this one is for the PS4, so I don't know if it stalks you.
There was a new Infamous trailer with more story elements, character isn't that bad.
Knack came up for a bit, it looked interesting.
We then got the Old man of ps4 in a trailer. There was no particular point, tech video?
Then we went indie. There was transistor, pretty game with some interesting mechanics.
A bunch of indies were shown at the same time to show ps4 is indie friendly. They were cool games, and some big small indie games (the contradiction!), but I won't go through them.

Square Enix gets its own paragraph, because it was the most exciting thing in E3 for me. They brought just 2 games, and they were their 2 most delayed and hyped titles.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII and KH3
KH3 we've been expecting for a generation cycle and a half, so it has been long overdue. Well, be a bit patient, play the other games on emulators or something in the meanwhile.
Versus XIII I've been following for a while, and always liked it more than XIII.
Why? Well, it's because it's about dudes. Now, there's nothing manly about them, it's kinda gay in fact, square enix is known for putting the "bi" in bishounen. Regardless, it's dude crew, a full team of guys in an interesting atmosphere and story. Now you may ask, why this is important. Well, it's because I'm a japanime guy, and from japanese stuff we don't get guy teams. I mean, think about Final Fantasy. We went from following in Yuna's pilgrimage, to aiding Ashe to reclaiming her homecountry, to helping Lightning save her little sister. See a patern? The change is refreshing. Other than that, as I said, the whole atmosphere about it, story, world, gameplay, is engaging itself, it's the kind of game I'd like to just sit down with and make a sleepless run of, guilty pleasure as it may be.
Anyways, I'm sure that in 5 years that I'll be getting a PS4, those games will be announced for release.
On the PS5.

Ubisoft came up in sony's conference then. We got AC gameplay. There was not much parkour, probably because you are a pirate. There were assassin stuff though and it still seems like a fun game, so I'll be after one piece too when it comes out for PC probably.
We got gameplay from Watchdogs as well, very interesting. We had some information, but you didn't get how it would be implemented yet. With this trailer, it looks like a pretty good and original game, still no actual kinect hacking though.
There was a small interval for sports and basketball. Do not want, next.
The Elder Scrolls online looked like a game now. Bethesda is good, but as an online game, you don't know how it will go, so I will certainly wait for that one.
One Mad Max teaser later, Sony took the gloves off.
Basically, it used whatever restriction they did not have in comparison to Xbox One and rubbed it in MS's face. No online verification of any form for games, you actually own your discs (which should be a given anyways, if you are going to abuse the laws of capitalism, at least respect the same system you are making use of), no need to be online, which is good because you do not run the risk of your console becoming a plastic box that looks futuristic (why would something need to verify at set time intervals to help you with an online service anyways? It should be optional and dynamic, that's obviously a monitoring system instead), and they talked about the online service and the fact that nothing of significance would really change about it, which may be kinda bad because that's supposedly their weak point. Dunno about backwards compatibility. Probably none, if there was they would have rubbed that too. We also saw Destiny, which was an FPS alright (it had loot so I guess taking a page from borderlands?). It could turn co-op using THE CLOOOOOOOOOUUUUD, probably.
Next segment was about THE CLOOOOOOOOOUUUD. And gaikai which helps them utilize THE CLOOOOOOOOOOUUUUD. Also, price was 399$, with europe consumers screwed over, as always. 100$ less than xbox. You know why? No kinect. Yeah.
There were games teased in the end. Won't bother.
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-press-conference/?tag=Topslot;Slot4
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:35 am

Spoiler:

@Al-Bhed : Thank you for praising Square Enix. Though I wanted to talk about their sudden "non-exclusiveness" with their two big titles. It seems contradicting, but not really (at the same time). The only reason I think this is because they previewed the two titles on Sony's conference rather than Microsoft's. It would seem to me that the whole console war has already been won over ever since Bungie announced Destiny to be a PS4 exclusive, Square Enix still being a big thing for Sony's platforms on both PSP and PS systems, and all that other jabs they did to Microsoft. I would love to see how many sales they get (to indicate how many gamers they took from Microsoft) by the end of Q4.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

You forgot the best part after the conference. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

That wasn't part of the conference, it was an ad from Sony to rub it in Microsoft's face (probably came out before Sony's conference too).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best so Far in E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best so Far in E3   Best so Far in E3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best so Far in E3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Games :: Casual Gaming-
Jump to: