World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Center

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Game Center   Game Center EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:39 pm

You must have noticed by now a completely out of place image made probably by a toddler using ms paint. Said toddler is me, and that scribbling is there in place of actual gfx which may have been horribly misplaced. Where it leads to, if you have the courage to click such a clerly dubious link, is our portal, which now contains certain streams of a certain big fighting game tournament which certainly is going down this weekend, as well as certain games, two of which are certainly DN and showdown, while the other is a random pick which shall be rotated, probably, maybe, iunno, if anyone wants to do it, which is unlikely. For now it's realm of the mad god, because I am really pushing for it, even though I can't play it atm.

So click on it, without fear, and head on there. Things start once you click on their button and then you can click cancel to hide them again. Streams should start in a few hours after this post is made, so you can go and watch some people play fighting games. For today, I recommend stream 3, cuz it will have ssbm, once it ends there is P4 on stream 1. Here's their schedule.
Schedule:
Don't say names, not really sure whether this is ok or not.

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:06 am

Note: at the moment this does not work for Chrome based browsers as it loads everything at once, but it works fine on firefox. I am close to solving it for other browsers as well I believe, but I'll have to finish that when I get back. Also, if anyone has any idea how to toggle an iframe element between loading and not loading, or at least toggling between the original page and about:blank or something, please post here.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:05 am

Can we put my stream on there?Game Center 2405647014 
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:06 am

Streams there are temporary, so I'm guessing they will go there for a short while if something major happens, or if someone is feeling like it, since it's probably not ok to take them. So long as the evo streams are up there, there is no reason to have other streams. When evo is over, yours could go there for a day or two or something, but you'd have to talk to the staff at the time about it, since I won't have control over it anymore.

As for the code itself, I have tried A LOT of things, but not knowing js, even if I was having minor errors, I wouldn't know what those are, so while I have this internet I am giving up. Maybe if I learned javascript functions in html from the beginning, but I am learning two other big things atm so I am not willing to give the time.
For people who do know the language, http://www.worldofwebcraft.com/blog.php?id=179 this is the code I'm using, and I'm using an iframe to link the pages. For firefox, setting the display to 'none' seems to stop the pages from loading entirelly, but for chrome based browsers, it just doesn't show, but it still loads and it still gives sounds. What I need is either a way to toggle between loading and not loading, or to redirect the src url, setting it on about:blank or something in the beginning, redirrecting to the page on toggle and then setting back to about:blank on toggle reuse (so, preferably working within the toggle function, meaning I need it in script).
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:49 am

As far as the Game Center Icon goes, you could always place important links into the toolbar by trying the following tutorial: http://www.avacweb.com/t989-some-addons-to-the-toolbar?highlight=toolbar --just a suggestion.  You can also ask your GFX staff to make custom icons to place back into the missing slots in ACP.

By the way, the codes work in Opera.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:53 am

Nour said she would make one, so I'm just waiting on it, I don't feel particularly pressured personally about the icon either way
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 am

Have you made changes to the codes recently? It seems to be working fine on my Chrome browser. The streams even work properly. Aside from some browser compatibility issues, what seems to be the issue?

EDIT: I see now, the moment I turn my sound on there's something on autoplay. I'm betting its Realm of the Mad God that's on auto-play.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:22 am

Everything loads, because chrome doesnt stop anything from loading when you set the display to 'none' (or is it that it doesn't take "block" the same. Anyways). If you had sounds on for dn for example, that would play too. Streams were down due to high traffic for a bit before on links out of twich, and they take a bit to start, so that could be why you couldnt hear them.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm

For the last day, only stream 1 will be live, so the other 2 streams are removed (still there as widgets in case the staff wants to add streams later on, just chance the address in iframe src and change the description), while rotmg is disabled from loading for today. That means you can use chrome etc. for it, and the only extra things that will load are DN and PS, where if you have disabled sounds on DN, you won't notice them (other than the fact 2 extra pages are loading). After I drop managing it tomorrow, rotmg will be back (just because) and stream 1 will be removed too because nothing to see there.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Streams are out, rotmg returned to the portal and the game center icon is gone. If you want to access the portal use the http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/portal link which is just adding portal to the wda url.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Center Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Center   Game Center Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Center
Page 1 of 1