World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?

Go down 
+3
Al-Bhed
Leokane
Kimo Force
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? Empty
PostSubject: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? Dmc__devil_may_cry___kat_by_ivances-d58waye

I'm going to try and be calm while giving my opinion on Kat, because god, I really do hate her.

So apparently, Kat fills the female role in the new DmC, but unfortunately, like all the other characters in DmC, she's very badly developed. Heck, she's even worse than all of them, suffice to say.

What I got is that Kat is she's that kind of informative nerd-kind of character with a very weak and scared personality. She says she wants to take down demon scum, but she literally craps her pants when soldiers barge in on the Order's facility (yeah I'll spoil the story or whatever's there of it). Also, her nerd side only shows up very rarely through the game, and heck, most of it is stuff your average 13-year-old can come up with (probably because of terrible writing on Ninja Theory's behalf).

One thing that I did get from Kat is that she has a fetish for squirrel semen. Seriously, they mentioned it in-game, I'm not making this stuff up. That's it to her character. Her back story is very shallow and weak like most of the characters, because "my parents were demons who I hated so I got scared and hid in a soda factory and suddenly got psychic powers" is not a back story. That's like saying a star fell from the sky and suddenly you're a super hero. DmC is the kind of world that SHOULD have complex story outcomes, development; yet unfortunately, even though DmC does have a great level design, it's the opposite for the story, especially for Kat's design.

Some might disagree about what I said in terms of DmC, because of Dante or Vergil. At least those two stick to their personalities, but Kat doesn't. She constantly shifts from brainy mastermind (who is completely brainless actually) to scared damsel-in-distress. Also, the last line in the game, which was said by Kat, makes absolutely no sense at all, I just have no idea how Ninja Theory is satisfied with that.

I have played many video-games, seen many terrible characters, but none have struck me badly as Kat did. Long story short, Kat is simply there to fill the shoes of a female character, but that's it, her character has nothing to offer but squirrel semen.

Oh, and she's definitely not cute, nor hot, in contrast to the other female characters from older DMC games.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Kat was meh...I didn't like her but she didn't really make me hate her. Anyway I'll say who mine is.....
Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? Shandra_Jerro
...Shandra Jerro from Neverwinter 2. I hate her for the fact she'll insult you whenever yet expects your help and the fact that she is mandatory for a good chuck of the game which sucks because since she is considered "Good" she will not agree with any choice I make because I'm evil. Thankfully she also has to die to continue the story but then you just piss her dad off (Dad? Uncle? Grandpa? Idk) but it's a lot easier to talk sense into him then to talk sense into Shandra so whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Mr. Resetti, animal crossing.
I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:10 am

teemo!
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? Hoperender

What a KP~
Back to top Go down
D.D. Eatos
WDA Member
WDA Member
D.D. Eatos

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! ! ! ! Fabled Asian

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 am

Personally I don't really like Kairi (Kingdom Hearts) mostly because I don't see anything significant about her other than Sora and Riku having this love triangle with her. She pretty much falls under the same category as Kat. Are they at the same level, absolutely not, but I felt that she had little or no impact on the story. Maybe, its not her character I hate, maybe its her role; it should be equal lengths to the guys. I have only played 1,2, CoM, BBS, and 356/2 Days so I dont know how her role is in Coded and DDD, but thats my opinion. (I should also say I havent played too many games...) Any one can jump in and say something (idrc...).

aka Fila: "KP"?
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:27 am

D.D. Eatos wrote:
Personally I don't really like Kairi (Kingdom Hearts) mostly because I don't see anything significant about her other than Sora and Riku having this love triangle with her. She pretty much falls under the same category as Kat. Are they at the same level, absolutely not, but I felt that she had little or no impact on the story. Maybe, its not her character I hate, maybe its her role; it should be equal lengths to the guys. I have only played 1,2, CoM, BBS, and 356/2 Days so I dont know how her role is in Coded and DDD, but thats my opinion. (I should also say I havent played too many games...) Any one can jump in and say something (idrc...).

aka Fila: "KP"?

ho ho ho Kairi doesn't have any sort of impact in DDD ~

KP tis King Puss ~
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am

Youngster Joey. Nobody gives a single fuck about your weak ass ratata.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 am

i just met you, but this is crazy..give me your number..and i call you for a rematch
~Youngster joey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?   Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Hated All-Time Video-Game Character?
Page 1 of 1