World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Life and Times of Poofy

Go down 
+3
Unknown
danna45
Kitouski
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

The Life and Times of Poofy Empty
PostSubject: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:57 pm

I'd like to start off as this thread is not to... rub anything in anyone's face. That's the first thing I'm worried about coming off of and the last way I want to be perceived. xD; But when you're alone, in a room, full of stuff, and your real-life friends don't care for 90% of your interests, it gets depressing. Figured I'd make a thread of the stuff I own, my game collection, my anime memorabilia, etc, and if people actually find it interesting at all, I'll keep it going and eventually have a full list... I got a lot of crap though so that'll take a while...

I've been a huge collector of just about anything I'm interested in since as long as I can remember. Nowadays I literally own more games I haven't played then I have played, and the pile just gets bigger. When I live in a place with more of my own space, I'd love to make a dedicated room that's a  "library" of everything I own but until that time, meh. Thought it'd be fun to make a thread of all the stuff I own, so this is that. Anyways, I can't think of anymore, "intro to the pictures and stuff" so onward.

Spoiler:
Nothing special, corner of the room which I sleep. Futon below, couple of tapestries I picked up from a con that are from an MMO called Cosmic Break, prelaunch flyers for the localization of Stiens;Gate and Fractale and a custom print of Madoka characters.

Spoiler:
At this point in time I have a good eye for official products and fakes and the K-On! tapestry is a fake backed by no official company. Other then mentioning that, you got my Strike Witches, 2 fanart drawings of Hyperdimension Neptunia I got BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO WATCH THE ANIME /hispter, and my Flyable Hearts poster advertising the Japanese release of Flyable Heart cards to the card game Lychee. Legit ad poster from Japan. Some loser is at WDA at the bottom right, Black Rock Shooter Mousepad if you can make it out, computer on the bottom left and a Blue Yeti Microphone because I intend to start serious Youtube video making soon. Xbox360 above with a Deathsmiles faceplate.

Spoiler:
Realized I didn't get a good shot of the posters at this section but whatevs. Clannad poster is a pin up from Megami Magazine while the Vocaloid is a custom print and not official. Above the Vocaloid poster there's a Black Rock Shooter one, didn't get it in the shot. ._. Own a handful of Xxxholic, all of Chrono Crusade and most of Mega Tokyo. Then you got the official english visual novel releases of Ai Yori Aoshi, Tea Soceity Witches (both still in shrinkwrap), Da Capo II, Da Capo I, Otoboku: Maidens Are Falling For Me, Da Capo Soundtrack, Edelweiss Deluxe Set and Kira Kira. Toshiba Thrive tablet that is not mine on the bottom right that needs to be mailed out to my gf as soon as I replace the power cord, and the best party card game ever on the bottom left, "We Didn't Play Test This At All." Best game ever for about 15 minutes until it gets old. Two figurines in the photo, one is a trading figurine of Yuiko from Little Busters!, and the other is a character from To Heart 2, can't remember the name.

Spoiler:
Thought this was worth showing, I should probably show my decks one day, being on a partially Yugioh site and all, but until I get around by it, Steins;Gate deck box signed by Little Kuriboh. Absolutely magical if you ask me, amazing guy if you meet him in person.

Spoiler:
I always saved my console boxes as a kid. Glad I did, because apparently they're worth something now, and they're novel regardless.

Spoiler:
Ask Game Stop if I can has their advertisement poster for Tales of Graces. Game Stop says yes.

Spoiler:
Then comes the little entertainment center. Got a Kirby Canvas Curse counter display they have for advertising in stores and tons of con pages hanging on it. Next to that is the limited edition run of Cardcaptor Sakura the game for Dreamcast, imported of course because it was never localized. Came with a clock, plate, spoon and fork, batteries that have expired long ago and were thrown out so the acid doesn't leak, game is sealed inside. Four boxes, the top 2 cardboard anime boxes are used to store cards (one featuring Tenjo Kikyou from Iro Ni Ide Ni Keri Waga Koi Wa, the other featuring Kudryavka from Little Busters!) and the bottom two are deck building card games (all in one, not trading or collecting cards) Tanto Cuore, and it's expansion set. Little teddy bear on top of all them. <3 Left farther you have my Lynette Bishop figurine, and behind that I have a Nayuki figurine from Kanon and 3 Air figurines of the main heroines. Behind that is a giant bag with a Cosmic Break print on it (was given to carry the wallscrolls I bought at the con) filled with odds and ends, Starcraft II boxes and just... stuff. Strikes Witches poster on the top left, Black Rock Shooter below that, going right you have an advertisement poster for figurines of characters made by the company "Key", farther right you have a Nanoha poster from a Megami Magazine and then a swimwear poster of Homura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka on the bottom right that's not fully visible... regret not getting all of that in the picture. Also official and out of Megami Magazine.

Spoiler:
Top-left spot of the entertainment center has my SNES hooked up. Nearly all of my game consoles are hooked up elsewhere or in a box, but the SNES is my favorite console of all time so I keep it hooked up in my room where I sleep for some Chrono Trigger time. Got specific pictures on what SNES games I own at the bottom.

Spoiler:
Crossed out my real name on the badges since you never know where images float, but I'm sure you can figure out my real name if you look for it hard enough... just don't like it being tied to pictures of my room. Almost all cons allowed for a nickname in which I always said "Poofy", you should be able to make that out on the badge. Anyways, with manga I got all of Pita-Ten, almost all of DNAngel, couple volumes of Ouran Highschool Hostclub, Kobato, Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakura (there's more elsewhere) and "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World", one volume of Midori Days, Mao-Chan and most of Omamori Himari. Hard to see Dreamcast games at the top left because I haven't put them were they belong yet, backups of Dreamcast games next to that, handful of PS3 games and controllers, bubble pipe, older Pokemon games, Gameboy E-Reader and the blue box to the left is a tea cup with Kudryavka from Little Busters! on it.

Spoiler:
Bottom right of the entertainment center is 50% imported issues of Megami Magazine, 50% issues of Newtype-USA before they went out of business years ago here.

Spoiler:
Bottom left of entertainment center. Top shelf just has anime movies and boxsets, Cowboy Beepop is a pirated collection, other then that the rest are official releases. A lot more behind that, I'll probably pull it out sometime and take pictures of it individually. Bottom shelf is Megami Magazines, imported Japanese strategy guides for the Atelier series that's on the PS3 and early "full sized" and Americanized release issues of Cardcaptor Sakura before the US realized that manga is not Spiderman.

That does it for room photos. These are game collection photos that are a little out of date and I posted at another forum but is not out of date enough to matter.

Super Nintendo games:
Spoiler:

Super Nintendo Strategy Guides:
Spoiler:

Handheld games:
Spoiler:

List of every game involved in the SNES/handheld photos:
Spoiler:

Then there's my current "holy grail" of my collection which is a prototype copy of Blaster Master for the NES. There's about 4 known copies of the prototype to exist, and it's so obscure that it's not as valuable as you'd think, but it doesn't make it any less rare. Specifically with this game, prototypes were made and sent to media outlets to be able to play the game and write news on it, the warp feature it talks about on the front of the case was used kind of as a way to allow them to jump around and get photos as needed if they were part of something like a magazine. I BELIEVE they were to return the copies after a certain period or be fined, but obviously not all copies made it back.

Spoiler:

So yea. This isn't even a quarter of the crap I own but it's a start. If anyone would care to see more lemme know. If I'm whoring about, also let me know. :v
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:16 am

Honestly I'd collect and buy a lot more stuff if I had the money and a place to get them. Usually I can't order online....

Might be just me but yer pictures/spoilers ain't loading.

Yeah post more, I like seeing what other people collect, animu merchandise-wise, even if it makes me jealous as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:29 am

My room is blue. :3 And it has a bed. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Time for a second post,

Spoiler:
Could be a slightly better photo, but it was incredibly hard to set it up, getting a good enough shot of covers without making the picture explicit. Top left is a stack of paper posters I don't have put up anywhere, a lot of them are from either Newtype-USA or imported magazines. The bottom left are extremely old doujinshi, while the the rest of the bottom side are artbooks, starting with the cover that has a blond Valkyrie girl all the way to the Little Busters Ecstacy Box. Essentially you have (from left to right on artbooks) a mixed author book, two Taka Tony books, a fanbook of Kudryavka from Little Busters, then the official Hoshizora no Memoria and Little Busters Ecstacy artbook. The two stacks on the mid-top are a bunch of doujinshi, roughly about 20 in those two stacks. Shown covers are Cardcaptor Sakura and Tony works. There's about 8 or so more I have that aren't in the stacks but I couldn't show the covers anyways. Nearly all the covers aren't safe to post. Top right is manga young'ns shouldn't read.

Spoiler:
Top left are chess pieces of Clamp characters, you buy them 3 at a time to make a whole chess set but never got around to it. Then right of that is a really weird jointed Lucky Star action figure. Top right is my Da Capo II "Oppai" mousepad, I used to use it but it was getting dirty so I put it away to clean later. Below the Lucky Star jointed figure is a PC game called "KiKi KaiKai". For anyone who knows Pocky & Rocky for the SNES, it's basically the game that came before it, most people don't know that Pocky & Rocky is actually a sequel to KiKi KaiKai and that the first in the series never came out of Japan. Then you have a Cosmic Break table mat under a lot of the stuff, Megami Magazines to the bottom left, and Precious Memories Starter Decks on the bottom right.

Spoiler:
Thought it'd be neat to show a close up of the two Precious Memories Starter Decks as one of them has a signed card in the front. Madoka is the left one and the signed one is YuruYuri.

Spoiler:
Bunch of Limited Edition Boxsets of NISAmerica produced games. Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori and Atelier Meruru as well as Hyperdimension Neptunia 1, 2 and 3. The game on the bottom left that's not a collector's box is a second copy of Rorona, the collector's Rorona I have is sealed so I decided to have a regular copy and leave it sealed.

Spoiler:
Cosmicbreak notepads on the top left, two Weiss Schwarz decks just to the right of that (Fate/Zero and Madoka) then you have three card sleeve packs, 2 of them being Illyasviel from Fate/Stay Night and the other being from Atelier Meruru. The clear box right of that is a deck of hanafuda cards because I love the crap out of the game and try to make people play it with me all the time. qq Fan mix Touhou soundtrack below that, then to the right the card game "Tenticle Bento". It got a order, kickstarter or convention only release and I got myself the limited edition run of it, so the box that contains the card building game, some holos in shrinkwrap and a bento box.

That took longer then I predicted so I'm stopping at that for this post... tiring to pull so much crap out of drawers, lul.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Loving dat oppai mousepad and Neptunia merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 am

Let's see what I've in my room. *Looks around*

All I got is:
Noble Team Statue
One of each type of coin used in the Harry Potter films
An unedited version of Star Wars on VHS
Finally a Collector's Edition 10 Years Of Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends (My most treasured item)
I also have Jurassic Park on VHS but that's not as special (Although I love to collect VHS tapes)

It's nothing compared to your collection (which is a pretty cool collection you got there) but this is just my small collection.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 am

Leokane wrote:
Noble Team Statue
Finally a Collector's Edition 10 Years Of Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends (My most treasured item)
^ Want. Those actually sound really cool, lol.
Back to top Go down
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member
josh

Achievement Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am

i would but lot of items in poof Collector's
Back to top Go down
SlayerSage
WDA Member
WDA Member
SlayerSage

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:54 am

My room has my bed, my sister's bed and my lil brother's bed, alng with a balcony, a window and a big closet.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 am

OH SHI- I thought this thread was on TWA, not WDA.

TIME TO BUMP IT HARD AND UPDATE IT... jeez, I've moved twice since those pictures.

Spoiler:
Bunch of DS, Vita and PSP games... all the bottom left games are visual novels, most of them English but the farthest three is the yuri that is Sono Hanabira. Still want to get all of them from the series.

Spoiler:
Boy the lighting is bad... but I don't want to take it again! Bunch of 3DS games. Think it's mostly Vita LEs that are covered/don't have a name on the bottom of the box.

Spoiler:
Two 3DSs, Vita in the Hyperdimension Neptunia case... that desktop is a home server I set up to seed torrents and back up files. Visible boob box on the lower shelf is Valkyrie Drive Vita game box.

Spoiler:
Questionably moral pantsu island computer desk area. So whenever someone thinks I'm being a creep, remember that this is where I sit. :v I have so many tapestries, probably like 30 at this point...

THAT WAS FUN, I'll post more garbage later.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 4:42 am

I'm sorry... how much did you spend?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 4:57 am

I've been collecting stuff for most of my life time so I have no clue. I could probably buy a small house to live in if I sold everything I own though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of Poofy   The Life and Times of Poofy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Life and Times of Poofy
Page 1 of 1