World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Draven More Difficult?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Draven More Difficult? Empty
PostSubject: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 pm

https://i.imgur.com/8eCABBp.jpg

So yeah. Just staring at Draven's mustache like every night before I go to sleep and I see that Draven's difficulty rating went up significantly. I don't remember this being part of the new patch. Does his new passive really make him that much stronger? Is this a visual bug on my part?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:34 pm

He is quite a bit more difficult to use. Before his pasive simply gave him free extra damage without having to really do anything too fancy, either get good with spinning access or just get crit, which is a no brained on most adcs.

After what was essentially a nerf Graves is back on the same damage level as him. The difference is Draven actually has an upkeep that he needs to maintain while graves just gets free armor with his passive and has more utility. It's harder to capitalize on what makes Draven better than other ADCs and his own area.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:38 pm

That isn't the point I was trying to make. He had 60 difficulty rating before. Now he has 100. The in-between stuff was my bad humor.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 pm

No, no that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. Before Draven was all about damage, you spin and/or crit, you win. His niche was absurd damage with little effort. He is no longer the best at that role in there are choices now for that job, rather then him just being the best at it, what makes him the better choice though requiresa lot of skill, matenince, and not screwing up. This is a lot more than what you would ask from, say Graves or Quinn. Messing up on Draven is a much bigger deal than messing up on alternatives now with the new passive, AND removing his old passive essentially makes it so you have to be good at his passive or he's not a good pick because the damage is not there like before.

That is why they raise the difficulty bar so people didn't complain when they weren't winning on Draven.

(Typing on a phone is hard sorry if something comes out nonsensical)
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Plenty of people have been nerfed and buffed. Everyone's difficulty remained the same except for Syndra who got boosted from 90 to 100. The wikia says Draven still has a 60 difficulty rating. His new difficulty rating wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Note: Accidentally posted the same thing twice, deleted it and the post replying to it.

Let's say they changed Thresh's soul gathering and simply made it so per level he gets free AP and armor. That would create much more power without gameplay and less hands on gathering would be required. That or Nasus's Q just got stronger over time without farming it depending on how many levels were in it. If you're jungling, getting damage no longer requires you to keep on your farm, and if you're laning, you no longer need to take CS risks. This is essentially what Draven used to be. Draven has had a change in gameplay style, not just a nerf or buff. If they wanted to nerf Draven the traditional way, they'd make it just do less damage. He got nearly 10 damage off from a free BF Sword in lane, this makes a Doran's Blade and even Sona's Q passive on top of that look like complete crap on any ADC, and this is trying to stack damage. At max level he got better then a free fully stacked Blood Thirster in damage. Removing this ENTIRELY and adding a new mechanic is more then just a nerf, it's completely changing what a player's priorities are.

Like Nasus's Q or Thresh's Souls, matience is required, there has rarely been a nerf that added such a level of gameplay, only a change in numbers or cooldowns to balance the characters. (Because I think most people forget that's what buffs and nerfs are, balancing, not ruining regardless of what people think) With Draven, they COULD have just split the damage in half and called it a nerf. They didn't. Now you keep your stacks by last hitting, make risks for CS, make risks for your axes, and make risks for kills to capitalize on the new advantage. Gone are the days were you can just completely ignore CS, throw axes at the enemy adc until they had to go B and enjoy a free lane for a little. This was even the procedure in the LCS.

Caitlyn lost the ability to headshot turrets; this was never intended and was not used to such degree until people copied it in the LCS, being a quick tower push strategy. Nami's bubble stun is longer; you still have the land the thing it's just more rewarding when you do. Rumble's damage was decreased on most fronts; he was deemed overpowered but plays the same, just is less of a lane bully. Master Yi gets totally rehauled; he plays essentially like a hybrid, you still hit like AD Master Yi and you still alpha reset like AP Master Yi and abuse healing amounts and it's armor, little change of gameplay here. Draven loses 34~102 damage and gains a mechanic that requires a high level of active gameplay were you are punished for dying. Kind of a big deal on how you play him. Granted I can't answer why they didn't announce this, I'm just telling you why I the 100 difficulty is most likely not a mistake. I'm assuming they forgot to make an announcement of it because... I've never heard of anyone looking at those silly charts seriously unless they were new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draven More Difficult?   Draven More Difficult? Empty

Back to top Go down

Draven More Difficult?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Games :: Competitive Corner :: League of Legends-
Jump to: