World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)

Go down 
+5
Ryuuji Takasu
rjuto
Sukkito
Pumpkin Row
Al-Bhed
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) Empty
PostSubject: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:32 am

If you cared, you probably read it elsewere already, but here goes anyways
Hastily copy/pasted from here http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ are only the changes

Banned

DRAGON RAVINE (from 3)
RETURN FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION (from 1)
SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTON (from 3)
SIXTH SENSE (from 1)

Limited

BLASTER, DRAGON RULER OF INFERNOS (from 3)
DEBRIS DRAGON (from 2)
MAGICIAN OF FAITH (from 0)
REDOX, DRAGON RULER OF BOULDERS (from 3)
TEMPEST, DRAGON RULER OF STORMS (from 3)
TIDAL, DRAGON RULER OF WATERFALLS (from 3)
DIVINE WIND OF MIST VALLEY (from 3)
FINAL COUNTDOWN (from 3)
SACRED SWORD OF SEVEN STARS (from 3)
SPELLBOOK OF FATE (from 3)

Semi-Limited

CHAOS SORCERER (from 1)
LONEFIRE BLOSSOM (from 1)

Unlimited

ARCHLORD KRISTYA (from 2)
MEZUKI (from 2)
PLAGUESPREADER ZOMBIE (from 2)
T.G. STRIKER (from 2)
TOUR GUIDE FROM THE UNDERWORLD (from 2)
CONSTELLAR PTOLEMY M7 (from 1)
FIRE FORMATION - TENKI (from 2)

And some quick analysis to go with it.
Seems like a new year's present to those kids, a wish granting banlist (you get that by the bunch of (from 3) you encounter in there as well as the bunch of unlimiting), which to be honest I am not a big fan of, I prefer it when they whine for no reason. But anyways.

Starting with the banned stuff. Sixth Sense is a given, it shouldn't be limited to begin with. Considering what happened to the limited cards, Dragon Ravine and RftDD seem like the usual needless overkill, quite annoying really. You can justify RftDD because it is a power card, so for it to be going in and out of the banlist is ok. What seems weird considering everything, is ravine. But that is actually justifiable, which is more annoying because it was legitimately a fun, interesting and versatile at times card to use, so for there to be a reason for its ban is somehow more irksome. The reason for that is Dragunity Spam. You can pull that with just 1 tempest in deck since Ravine can mill it, in fact usually those decks (in the OCG) don't run the full 3 Tempest, so this banlist doesn't change anything for them. You can still spam an unbreakable field with relative ease even with just 1 dragon ruler, and even with just 1 ravine because teraforming is a thing. So I'll concede this one konami. It's annoying but I will.

Last banned stuff is Self-Destruct button. The reason for that is not only the fact it's a troll card, but also the fact that it is a legitimate strategy, the win condition of which depends on abusing the time restrictions of sanctioned tournaments, and that is a strategy konami has officially acknowledged (I remember Julia Hedberg in the Judge forums confirming this is a proper strategy and fully acceptable). For those who don't know, this is one way to do it. You get a surprise win inb4 side-decking with exodia/final countdown or whatever and then you draw every other game until time is called with Self Destruct button, which is much easier to pull off than other indirect win conditions. When time is up, you'll have the most wins (1) and you'll be the winner of the match. While a proper strategy, it does not change the fact it abuses the tournament settings and restrictions, while it is a strategy which actually requires you to stall for time, which is of course not fun for anyone. Wish-granting as well, but a legitimate ban nonetheless.

On to limited. The dragons are limited. Rawr. No more will you have to whine about them. Last banlist was too soon, but this one is actually fine. Dragons were actually getting boring, heck, I got bored months ago and I was playing the damn deck. Will they do something as a deck at 1? Nuuuuuu. That's not a deck, that's 4 cards. Add 1 more and play exodia instead. Anyways, they can still be pretty good techs in their respective decks. Except Tempest. Because Dragunity is dead. Konami no baka. Regardless, Tidal is a good mermail card, blaster is if nothing else a good beater in fire stun/beat decks, and even more than that in more spammy decks like Rekindling stuff, Redox still does silly things with burei and so on. Heck, even Tempest. It searches the now limited Debris Dragon, so that could be useful somewhere. Don't wanna use brain to figure it out though, so next. Bye dragons and good luck. Oh, right, the babies, why can't we get those at 1 now? They would be fun.

Speaking of Debris, it's limited, I said that already. It could be because the love of my (ygo) life is back at 2, but more on that later. Also, I picked off some upcoming cards/decks it synergises with well lately, but not anything else as big to justify limiting. Magician of Faith is also at 1, because people were saying, "magician of faith, we want magician of faith, why is magician of faith at 0, give us magician of faith". Well, we got magician of faith. Big deal. Monsters are milled fast, spells aren't, and even if they are, picking them up with MoF takes an extra turn. Don't get me wrong, there are decks for which some spells are important and gone through fast, like Fire Fist, but it's not as impactful in the ygo of today because of its speed. Inb4, broken magician of faith loop. Entirely possible, spells are strong and we have Xyz now. Papilloperative something something? With Infernity Launcher maybe? Is the combo there, is there yet another super complex infernity combo video waiting for us?! I demand that Baha sheds some light on this.

Divine Wind of the Mist Valley at 1. LALALA, I don't wanna know! OCG had the same hit, right? Still, we had the bouncing conspiracy in the TCG already, so seems like overkill, and it's a shame because it was another fun card. I mean, I get the potential for going big with combos is still there with Dancer, but still, why so scared, man up a bit. Don't wanna even look into it, don't care, sorry. Next.
Final Countdown is at 1 too. Is konami santa? No, it's the genie of christmas! You get a wish! And you get a wish! And you get a wish! You don't get a wish, buy more cards. The wish-granting continues, with another card pretty high up in the "urrgh, so annoying, don't wanna deal with it" list gone to 1. I could give at least half the arguments of Self-Destruct Button and they would still be valid really, card forces you to wait, what more do you wanna know? Usable at 1? You wish, forget it.
Seven Stars Sword ran its circle and ended up at 1 without me remembering its name once in its entire lifespan. Sorry Seven Sword. Truly overkill here though. I get the +1 with dragons deal, but it's a plus one that requires you to combo it with one of 4 limited cards, and that's if you have an entire deck that supports it (meaning extra dragons of the 4 elements). I'm a sucker for nice draw cards, and I'm sad to see it gone. Why not Solar Recharge? That's pretty good itself, right? I swear, the genocide that comes after a deck dominance is so annoying. Bye Seven, see you at 1.
Spellbook of Fate also at 1. That would be because Spellbook was a deck, so why not make it less deck. It's true that if Spellbook got its circle going this format, it had good chances. Fate at 1 may not seem like too big a hit because it's searchable, but it's considerable because you can't banish fate for fate to get it back with book-that-gets-banished-book. You can still do the same thing with Priestess banishing, or bring it back in deck with Tower, but one requires a summon, the other keeping a field and an extra turn, so it can be annoying. Especially with Tower, you don't get to use Fate in your turn and then set it for your opponents. Still, it's a workable hit, the inherent weakness of Judgment-less spellbooks is a much bigger adversary to take on than Fate at 1. And they get Magician of Faith to be a 4th, albeit weaker, spellbook magician. You can flip the magician of faith face down with your 1 Fate, flip it back up, get that same Fate back and have accomplished absolutely nothing other than banishing 2 spellbooks! It's brilliant!

Stuff were semi-limited!
Chaos Sorcerer at 2! Because why the heck was he at 1 to begin with?! Man-up Konami, format won't break with you unrestricting stuff! Wish-granting! That's all really...
Buuuut, ERMAGESH, LONEFIRE-CHAN AT 2! I've waiting so long for you to come back... I'm so happy... Now all I need is my Trishula back and I will be a happy man. "Why is it at 2?" ? Wish-granting! My wish! It was granted! Also, sylvas, but my wish! Btw, having used Sylvas extensively, with 2 lonefires, assuming we get some other stuff we are lacking atm, they are going to be pretty good, especially with us losing the dragon spamming.

And then on the unlimited stuff we get 7 of them
First of is Kristya. Let me tell you that when it comes to unsearchable cards, there is a massive difference between 2 and 3 of them, and it all comes down to consistency. I predict Kristya at 3 will be played a fair bit. I could easily see agents coming back, just for focusing on Kristya trolling. Depending on which decks come on top now of course. I'd say this was a mistake in wish-granting actually, she (yes, I'm sticking to "she") will be quite annoying.
Mezuki and Plaguespreader at 3. That's 6 monsters total, could be 1/3rd of a deck, which is quite a bit. A lot can function from the grave like that with just a simple mill. Not to mention we get Tour Guide at 3, for easy leviairs to reuse them, and striker going at 3 as well for fast goblin zombie plays. I used Vampires with mezuki and psz at 2 last format and I have to say, mezuki and psz did most of the work when going towards an otk. When you consider striker-goblin, tour guide leviairs, 3 malicious and those 2 guys at 3, as well as some vampire support, or instead twillight with a small LS engine for milling, those guys can go a long way, and if they don't I'll take them there because it's a simple thing to pull off, especially when you consider our Xyz arsenal. Just the multiple mezukis, along with that bat or whatever, can cycle Lavalval Chains or whatever and much more. As an extra, Tour Guide opens a little way to other stuff as well, this one is different than when it was at 2, but not a huge difference, mainly leviair support and chaos. Also, since I just went through Striker, you know this already but along with Kristya, that's a second boost to agents.
Ptolemy is back at 3. Now you can hieratic gishki hand loop again. Although Gustkraken is not getting any less limited, so good luck with that. Don't get me wrong, card is searchable, you detach and get back so it's all doable and stuff still, but there are more consistent things out there. Other than that, I am still not considering multiple ptolemys in my decks. I want half ptolemys. That's the extra deck space we are dealing with atm. I demand the ability to add half a card in the extra deck.
And lastly, Tenki at 3, because Fire Fist already got enough hits and need the ability to showcase their rooster stuff, Fire Kings never got their place in the spotlight and other romantic stuff like that, but I think it's Buujin, let's be honest here. Dat Yamato search. After all, it was the deck most hurt by the semi-limiting of Tenki. Anyways, 3 tenki-1 bear is a more consistent, self sufficient engine in decks with beast-warriors again, I like that, doesn't take thinking, fast deckbuilding.

And that's all, a bunch of wishes granted, new year's gifts for everyone. Thank Santa Kevin kids. I'm still going to be the devil's advocate though, because I wanted whining, this looks again like a pojo list. At least give me back my traps...
Eh, who cares, lonefire-chan is back at 2. Now excuse me while I do the sexy dance over there. Lonefire-chwaaaaaan~

Last edited by Al-bhed on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 am

only complaint are kristya back at 3 instead of banned... final countdown being limited instead of banned... exodia not being banned .-. again... i can dream... oh, and ravine could have stayed at one, though im not hurt by that, i hate dragons.
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 am

My compliments on analysis well done,only thing i don't like about it is lack of colors.
I like this banlist , as my all time favorite still isn't touched (Evilswarm <3).
Edit:
It's January 2014 by the way  smile .
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Tenki and M7 to 3, yay. Might try to star chart again nao.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : iXcertion

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Pffftt..quick analysis.. please ..anyway i think this new banlist completely gets rid of E-drags (what with popular non-specific items being reduced and vitals being limited or banned). Now the only thing drags are usefull for are for fillers and staples to 1 artribute decks. If all of this was already stated please NOTE:[LOL. I didn't read]
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Yay Mezuki! Yay Vampires!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Lonefire-chan....
Plaguespready-kun...
;_;
You guys are back! >w<
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 am

fufufufu more fun deck construction w/ Magician of Faith...plants!!
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 4:11 pm

This banlist reminds me of the DAD slaughter. Speaking of old times, I see gay vampires in this list. Can't wait to sparkle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)   January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents) Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2014 Banlist (ygo, still ygo, the thing boob lady in the middle of the banner represents)
Page 1 of 1