World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Self-Ban

Go down 
+7
danna45
josh
Alibaba
Leviera
Fish
J.J. Knight
Reikan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am

So this year I've decided to go hardcore (Kimo style) and study, study,study for finals. However, I'm stepping it up a notch and completely banning myself from everything but a few select things: Crunchyroll (for my meals I can watch anime,) Steam (if anyone has anything to ask me if its really important, you can get in touch with me there. I'll also be playing games when I take breaks,) and a few other actually productive apps that I need to study and do homework. My social life ends now until finals are over (next Wednesday.) It's seriously do or die for me.

A note to Al (whom is the only one who I think would need to get in touch with me): If you need to get my vote for the Rock naming or anything else that you may need me to do, go ahead and hit me up on Steam. I'll always be there.

Wish me luck guise.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:44 am

Get out of my sight.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 11:26 am

Just so you know, if you don't do well in your finals, I'm banning you anyway.
We've no room for failures in this academy.
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:44 pm

I wish you the best of luck, may the god/goddess of wisdom guide you
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 pm

noooooooooooo armand D:

;w; good luck bro
Back to top Go down
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member
josh

Achievement Points : 1

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Fish wrote:
       im a failure LoL and good luck man
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 pm

I want to leave this here before I go so that it puts things in perspective a little more. Thanks for the support guys.

http://br0taku.tumblr.com/post/82769664183/this-quote-made-me-cry-i-dont-want-to-go-on-too

^This is a detailed explanation on my current situation and why I am about to dedicate myself for the next week to ace my finals.

TL ; DR version of it: My academic adviser has screwed me over so much this school year that he's mostly to blame for my situation in general. I suck at Music Theory so I really did a horrible job with my classes, causing me to get a warning from my uni. If I don't get a 2.0 by the end of the semester, I will get suspended for a term (summer), lose all of my scholarships and will have to pay for my education in full in the Fall unless I get a successful appeal (literally a letter that explains why I should be given another chance and it will renew all of my scholarships.) I have a 0.56 cumulative GPA, so unless I get straight A's (which is impossible at this point unless 2 of my professors give me extra credit opportunities to boost my grades to solid A's, I will end up with about 1.75-1.84 GPA, which is under the 2.0 requirement.)

After all of this I got really sick after I made this post when my current adviser had a talk with me about the weight of my situation (again in more detail about the GPA status quo,) seeked inspiration from TTGL and a TED talk and now I feel more motivated to do this. Even though I will fail, it will show my current adviser (who will do her best to vouch for me and pull strings for me,) that I am serious about school--I always was since my last year of high school. I want a good future like everyone else, I just ask for a year without fatal mistakes from things that I can't control just like the majority of people that attend my uni. So that post is my appeal letter, I will just need to do some edits to it to make it acceptable to a committee of arrogant pests (as my current adviser put it,) and make it even more persuasive. I will get to that as well.

So sorry for the misleading title (its sort of accurate, I have no means of banning myself except just not being here.) I really hope luck is on my side for this one.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Son, you have to take the final step, ban yourself from crunchy/steam as well. If you don't go hardcore and ban everything like a sage you won't win this. With that said, good luck, and I quote Fish for emphasis.
Fish wrote:
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm

danna45 wrote:
Son, you have to take the final step, ban yourself from crunchy/steam as well. If you don't go hardcore and ban everything like a sage you won't win this. With that said, good luck, and I quote Fish for emphasis.
Fish wrote:

Coming from you, I think this means a lot as a fellow anime fanatic. Alright. I shall ban CR and Steam as well. Well then, shoot me an email at anime.ventura@gmail.com then, Al if you need my vote for Rock naming.

Alright, I swear this time this is it. Ciao. (someone do the favor and just ban me from chat and the forum until the 22nd.)
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Fish wrote:
We've no room for more failures in this academy.
Fixed.

In any case, ummm... babai. Good luck with your exams. May the Force be with you.

[e] Oh, oh, oh, rip in peace.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm sorry that I didn't know about this, and that you have to go through this, Reikan. I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart. Please do what you must, and keep your chin raised high no matter what happens.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Reikan wrote:
danna45 wrote:
Fish wrote:

Coming from you, I think this means a lot as a fellow anime fanatic. Alright. I shall ban CR and Steam as well. Well then, shoot me an email at anime.ventura@gmail.com then, Al if you need my vote for Rock naming.

Alright, I swear this time this is it. Ciao. (someone do the favor and just ban me from chat and the forum until the 22nd.)

Good to hear, because if I saw the "Reikan is playing ygopro, a game which is totally not on steam and is just connected to it so he can spam his in steam friends with notifications" notification on steam one more time, I was going to ddos your modem myself and make sure you won't access any of those sites.
I mean, good luck with your exams.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 am

I'm glad to hear you wishing better for yourself, good luck Rei-senpai
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Self-Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Ban   Self-Ban Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Ban
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Rules and Support :: Intros :: Farewells/Temporary Leaves-
Jump to: