World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend Of Zelda E3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

The Legend Of Zelda E3 Empty
PostSubject: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:23 pm

So as a long time zelda fan I decided to make this topic, not all of you are into zelda and that's fine but if you're a fan and/or are interested in the new zelda games that have been announced I'll be talking about Hyrule Warriors and the teaser for the new Legend of Zelda which has no name yet.

The Legend Of Zelda E3 256px-Zelda_Musou_logo

So first Hyrule Warriors, I'm very interested in the game and if I had the money to buy a Wii-U I'd probably buy it mostly for this game (among other games like the new Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Woolly World).

Hyrule Warriors is a collaboration between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei with gameplay said to be like One Piece: Pirate Warriors and developed by the guys behind Dynasty Warriors.

Now this got mixed reactions from people because Dynasty Warriors and games like it are hit or miss, I as well like some games and dislike others and the reason for this is that it all depends on the characters and story. The gameplay is simple enough, beat up everything in front of you, is a nice break from other genres and in general I like the gameplay of these games a lot. The problem with things like Dynasty Warriors is that is has characters and a story I don't care about got into. But when it has characters I like, example being One Piece, I have fun playing the game as my favorite characters from the series.

Hyrule Warriors is said to have many characters that you can play as. They have shown four characters that we can play as, Link, Impa, Zelda and Midna and they all play differently. As for where in the timeline this would go I feel that it won't go into the zelda timeline at all and will be one crazy story bringing many unique characters from all the games together which means there might be a lot of interesting interactions between characters that otherwise would have never have interacted before.

Now for the new Legend of Zelda game coming directly from Nintendo!

Now as you heard the game is going back to the olden days of the first Legend of Zelda where you could explore a vast open world in any order you wanted meaning this new zelda game will be the first truly huge open world game for the series. You also get to see the graphics for the new game and like before it looks nothing like the tech demo they put out previously. Another thing NOT mentioned in the video is that when asked about why Link was not wearing the traditional green tunic the reply was "No one explicitly said that that was Link." Meaning that the character shown may not have been Link at all but then is Link in the game, of course but they just didn't show him...or they did and Eiji Aonuma is trolling us hard right now and Nintendo has been one to troll us before.

What do you think of the two games?
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:29 pm

When hearing about zelda adopting extra open world aspects (it's not just about dungeon order as it was mentioned in the teaser), it is understandable that one would be worried, I know a part of me was. The thing is that open world can be unfocused, badly paced and/or boring often, which for me is the opposite of the good qualities of zelda. I know people love stuff like elder scrolls, but I can get bored of unfocused, vague objectives and going to random places, whereas the expertly crafted adventure that zelda games offer I find very attractive.

But then I really find it hard to believe that zelda can do wrong now, it is up to the game and its design to continue being interesting and captivating regardless of the concepts it follows, what you need is a well designed world which works either way, so I trust that when nintendo wants to give me several options in tackling the objective, they won't fail to keep me interested in it. Besides, despite not following standard conventions in Link Between Worlds, Aonuma proved that he knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Zelda has two examples of an "open world" sort of game them being Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds. Twilight Princess had a big world it just wasn't an open world. I feel that Zelda has gotten to the point where they can take a lot from different Zelda games and use it to help make sure this open world Zelda game doesn't fall victim to the problems of many other open world games. That and personally I feel that Zelda has never really failed at anything they do besides third party games but I feel Hyrule Warriors will fix that.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
SmurfkillerSquee
WDA Member
WDA Member
SmurfkillerSquee

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:02 am

I admit I am VERY curious about Hyrule Warriors. I wish I had a Wii U so I could buy it.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 11:57 pm

So like, relevant bump, this year's Zelda was hella hype.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 11:18 pm

danna45 wrote:
So like, relevant bump, this year's Zelda was hella hype.
This topic is TWO YEARS old and you already have a topic made for this year. No. Bad Danna.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda E3   The Legend Of Zelda E3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend Of Zelda E3
Page 1 of 1