World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers Empty
PostSubject: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 pm

FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers 0rlpnw2
Just a couple of brothers smashing...eww.

Let me just let these sink in for a bit.

Holy shit dem characters doe. Also here are the results for the Smash Bros. Invitational.

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Results

1. CT|Zero (Zero Suit Samus)

2. CRS|Hungrybox (Kirby)

3. Amsa (Olimar)

3. Lilo (Wii Fit Trainer)

5. PewPewU (Mario)

5. PeachyHime (Villager)

5. TheRapture (Little Mac)

5. TL|KoreanDJ (Rosalina)

9. DJ Nintendo (Bowser)

9. Toph (Pit)

9. Milktea (Pikachu)

9. Crismas (Zelda)

9. EG|PPMD (Fox)

9. Hugs (Mega Man)

9. MacD (Greninja)

9. TL|Ken (Marth)

Fan favorite tournament results

1. EG|PPMD (Fox)

2. Hugs (Mega Man)

3. PewPewU (Mario)

3. TL|KoreanDJ (Rosalina)

5. MacD (Greninja)

5. TL|Ken (Marth)
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 pm

The main issue with Zero in that tournament is that he is 12 or something. I get camping in the chaotic free for alls, but just standing and side-b'ing in grand finals just because your opponent lacks ranged attacks, forcing a sudden death out of a flawed rule-set, in a silly tournament that is mostly for the "glory" of winning the 1st invitational and showing off the new game, is juvenile. So, good job zero, I am sure Reggie was thrilled to give out the prize under the sound of boo'ing, and everyone throwing the event together must be excited to have people call it the new camping game. Was there even a real prize for this to make it even remotely worth it, or was it ruined for nothing?

I get camping in an event with a large money pool that is really competitive, but here it was completely counter-intuitive, the problem isn't that he is a camper, the problem is that he is stupid.

Also, mr. game and watch was teased, but not confirmed yet. Don't know how that works.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:18 pm

While I didn't see the full invitational for myself I understand the complaint of camping or also known as playing lame/defensive and it seems this is like what caused a lot of debate in UMvC3 when players like Chris G would show up with Morrigan and spam fireballs which led him to winning. Many players were pissed off because this is a game where lots of rushdown action takes place and players throw themselves at each other. That's how the name lame was given to defensive play because many players considered it lame. Now it is more accepted in UMvC3 and all is well.

That seems like what is going on here and I'd support Zero's lame style UNLESS Zero was a rushdown player who just decided to randomly play lame because he thought it would help him win. Every game has it's lame defensive player and it's a legit playstyle (Although I don't think playing lame would help you in Smash Bros. unless it was a free for all like the invitational). I don't know I don't follow Smash Bros. so fuck if I know anything.

As for Game & Watch I'm sure he is going to be in the game and they just confirmed it with the trailer.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 am

Yeah, but as I said above, repeating it throughout my post, it's not about the strategy itself but where it was used. To show the status of stalling in simpler terms:
Competitive gaming with large prizes on the line - Ok
Showcase advertising casual invitational tournament - Not ok, wtf, it damages everyone before, no one wins

Also, something else that stood out was the super sadistic megaman fanboys/fangirls who kept sending Hugs back in the brackets over and over just to get slaughtered, the torture that man went through just because he made the mistake of picking megaman.

And just saying on Mr. Game & Watch, for whatever reason he is not up on the smash page, and usually they go up almost instantly after they are revealed. Maybe they are waiting to place the vid elsewere? Iunno.
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:57 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
The main issue with Zero in that tournament is that he is 12 or something. I get camping in the chaotic free for alls, but just standing and side-b'ing in grand finals just because your opponent lacks ranged attacks, forcing a sudden death out of a flawed rule-set, in a silly tournament that is mostly for the "glory" of winning the 1st invitational and showing off the new game, is juvenile. So, good job zero, I am sure Reggie was thrilled to give out the prize under the sound of boo'ing, and everyone throwing the event together must be excited to have people call it the new camping game. Was there even a real prize for this to make it even remotely worth it, or was it ruined for nothing?

I get camping in an event with a large money pool that is really competitive, but here it was completely counter-intuitive, the problem isn't that he is a camper, the problem is that he is stupid.
Yeah, I agree. I definitely would have preferred if Zero played for fun and hype in a silly invitational rather than camping with superior mobility and ranged attacks. I would have loved for this to have the "when stocks are tied, lower % wins" typical ruleset, HungryBox would have won despite Zero playing so campy and ruining the hype. But eh, some things never change:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers   FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers Empty

Back to top Go down

FGN: The Smashing Smash Brothers
Page 1 of 1