World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Envoy of Chaos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : AsianGuy1137

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:06 am

A competitive Malefic deck is impossible to build you say? I whole-heartedly agree, but after a few crazy spin-off ideas, I managed to make a semi-competitive build. The best part is, instead of focusing purely on beat-down, it's become a control deck with a RFG element!

-| Monsters |-
- 14 -
3| Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3| Malefic Stardust Dragon
3| Beast King Barbaros
3| D.D. Survivor
2| Cyber Dragon

-| Spells |-
- 12 -
3| Future Visions
3| Dimensional Fissure
2| Pot of Duality
2| Mystical Space Typhoon
1| Reinforcement of the Army
1| Dark Hole

-| Traps |-
- 14 -
3| Macro Cosmos
3| Dimensional Prison
3| Skill Drain
2| Solemn Warning
2| Magic Drain
2| Seven Tools of the Bandit

I've also tried different variants that use Forbidden Chalice, Forbidden Lance, and Fusilier Dragon. I've even tried variants without the RFG element so I could use Necrovalley or Closed Forest to shut down Graveyards and other Field Spells, but those typically didn't contribute as much to the overall strategy. Good thing about Future Visions is that it can stop Shi En summons, boost up Beast King Barbaros when it's summoned, and it just looks cool in general. Although better versions probably exist out there, this is my take.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:37 am

In my opinion for Malefic Builds, the build does well with more malefics such as this:
Spoiler:
If your strategy is based around Malefics and their beatstick power, then you might want to run an extra Malefic + Malefic Wolrd to insure your chances of having a Malefic in hand for future use. Even if you do have an extra Malefic, you can simply recycle it with Lighten the Load and draw another card. If that isn't enough use the trade-ins to thin out your deck for the Malefic you wish for.

Spoiler:
Then this is my other build that I use because of my basic concept of loading up on Malefics.

Then of coarse Future Visions is a splendid card, but if you are relying on a Barbaros boost to have more field advantage then FV should be sided until necessary. My take is that Malefic decks should use the following field spells for the most consistency:
  • Necrovalley
  • Malefic World
  • Geartown
  • Future Visions
  • Pseudo Space (if you're a fan of it...replace gear town and grab a gad dragon or temporarily replace that necrovalley that got destroyed)

I don't know why people insist on playing it safe all the time but you could do much more justice to the deck if you didn't rely on such cards as Warning or Judgment when Lance and Chalice could easily replace every problem you fear. Lance and Chalice can be activated at any time with little cost, Chalice resets Barbaros and protects your Malefics just in case if you opponent MST's one of your field spells at an unfortunate time. Possibilities are endless with those 2 cards.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 am

If you think about the rfg theme here when you're out of options and have no monsters left how will you win? Ta-Dah return from the different dimension anyone?
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : AsianGuy1137

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:12 am

Having Malefics in hand is never a problem for me, but sometimes, I don't draw them. Trade-In is only workable for 2 Malefic monsters, and I'm not a big fan of the Blue-Eyes because they take up Deck space that could be better used for something else. Lighten the Load is kind of an inherent minus 1 since it serves no other purpose then recycling hand.

Lance and Chalice are nice, but they either weaken the monster too significantly or are an inherent -1 with no guarantee of being paid of. Magic Drain and Seven Tools are just more versatile and can accomplish the same thing as Lance. People usually solemn the beatstick monsters. My own Solemns are there in case of Black Rose or any other unwanted monsters when I don't have Skill Drain out. Geartown builds are interesting, but I feel that they take too much space. I'm just naturally a fan of control decks.

I've stated that other variants using other Field Spells are out there. I've even tested Necrovalley, but it doesn't help when I go against Gravekeepers or my opponent has a way of swarming the field and taking instant control like say X-Sabers or Six Sam. I feel that Future Visions does the best in preventing those kinds of plays, so I'll stick with that.

Then again, you do seem like you're an expert on the subject, so maybe you could help test out my build sometime.

RagingDarkness94051 wrote:
If you think about the rfg theme here when you're out of options and have no monsters left how will you win? Ta-Dah return from the different dimension anyone?
That rarely ever happens, but I do have it sided, not that I ever get to use the Side Deck anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 am

Future Visions is pro for slowing down most meta decks. Build seems pretty solid too.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 am

@asianguy: I guess the difference between us is our goals for this particular deck. Although we both have our anti-meta structures, our strategies and goals are much different. My aspect is beatdown and that is what I saw fit best for the archtype. You went for the control concepts and it seems like they work out smoothly. I have no doubt that you are a good deck builder yourself, as you are using Magic Drain which I love to implement in my anti-meta decks as well. I wouldn't mind playing you sometime at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Envoy of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Envoy of Chaos   Envoy of Chaos Empty

Back to top Go down

Envoy of Chaos
Page 1 of 1