World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Game Awards 2017

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Video Game Awards 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Awards 2017   Video Game Awards 2017 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 am

It's mid-November again, and you know what that means? We're in for another event of an industry self-congratulating itself for a job well done. Here are the nominations for this year, along with a template you can use to discuss your votes.

Link to this year's VGAs

Code:
[b]Game of the Year:[/b]

[b]Best Game Direction:[/b]

[b]Best Narrative:[/b]

[b]Best Art Direction:[/b]

[b]Best Score/Music:[/b]

[b]Best Audio Design:[/b]

[b]Best Performance:[/b]

[b]Games for Impact:[/b]

[b]Best Ongoing Game:[/b]

[b]Best Mobile Game:[/b]

[b]Best Handheld Game:[/b]

[b]Best VR Game:[/b]

[b]Best Action Game:[/b]

[b]Best Action/Adventure Game:[/b]

[b]Best Role-Playing Game:[/b]

[b]Best Fighting Game:[/b]

[b]Best Family Game:[/b]

[b]Best Strategy Game:[/b]

[b]Best Sports/Racing Game:[/b]

[b]Best Multiplayer:[/b]

[b]Most Anticipated Game:[/b]

[b]Best Independent Game:[/b]

[b]Best Student Game:[/b]

[b]Trending Gamers:[/b]

[b]Best Esports Game:[/b]

[b]Best Esports Player:[/b]

[b]Best Esports Team:[/b]

[b]Best Debut Indie Game:[/b]

[b]Best Chinese Game:[/b]

Game of the Year
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
PlayerUnknown's Battleground
Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5

Best Game Direction
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Super Mario Odyssey
Horizon Zero Dawn

Best Narrative
What Remains of Edit Finch
NieR: Automata
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Horizon Zero Dawn

Best Art Direction
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Persona 5
Horizon Zero Dawn

Best Score/Music
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Super Mario Odyssey
Persona 5

Best Audio Design
Destiny 2
Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Super Mario Odyssey

Best Performance
Melina Jeurgens as Senua (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)
Laura Bailey as Nadine Ross (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy)
Claudia Black as Chloe Frazer (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy)
Brian Bloom as BJ Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein II The New Colossus)
Ashly Burch as Alloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Games for Impact
Please Knock on My Door
Night in the Woods
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Burn Me, My Love
What Remains of Edith Finch
HellbladeP: Senua's Sacrifice

Best Ongoing Game
Warframe
Rainbow Six: Siege
Overwatch
Grand Theft Auto Online
Destiny 2
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Best Mobile Game
Super Mario Run
Old Man's Journey
Monument Valley 2
Hidden Folks
Fire Emblem Heroes: Shadows of Valentia

Best Handheld Game
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Monster Hunter Stories
Metroid Samus Returns
Fire Emblem Echoes
Ever Oasis

Best VR Game
Superhot VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Lone Echo / Echo Arena
Farpoint
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Best Action Game
Prey
Nioh
Destiny 2
Cuphead

Best Action/Adventure Game

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Horizon Zero Dawn

Best Role-Playing Game
South Park: The Fracture But Whole
Final Fantasy XV
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Persona 5

Best Fighting Game

Tekken 7
Nidhogg 2
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Injustice 2
ARMS

Best Family Game
Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey

Best Strategy Game
Xcom 2: War of the Chosen
Tooth and Tail
Total War: Warhammer II
Halo Wars 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Best Sports/Racing Game
Project Cars 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NBA 2K18
GT Sport
Forza Motorsport 7
FIFA 18

Best Multiplayer
Fortnite
Call of Duty: World War II
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Destiny 2
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Most Anticipated Game
The Last of Us Part II
Red Dead Redemption II
Monster Hunter: World
Marvel's Spider-Man
God of War

Best Independent Game
Pyre
Night in the Woods
Cuphead
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Best Student Game
Meaning
Level Squared
Impulsion
Falling Sky
Hollowed
From Light

Trending Gamers
Steven Spohn (AbleGamers)
Mike Grzesiek (Shroud)
Guy Beahm (Dr. Disrespect)
Clint Lexa (Halfcoordinated)
Andrea Rene (What’s Good Games)

Best Esports Game
Rocket League
League of Legends
Dota 2
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Overwatch

Best Esports Player
Kuro “KuroKy” Salehi Takhasomi (Team Liquid, DOTA 2)
Je-hong “ryujehong” Ryu (Seoul Dynasty, Overwatch)
Nikola ‘NiKo’ Kovac (FaZE Clan, Counter-Strike: GO)
Marcelo ‘coldzera’ David (SK Gaming, Counter-Strike: GO)
Lee sang-hyeok “Faker” (SK Telecom 1, League of Legends)

Best Esports Team
Team Liquid
SK Telecom 1
Lunatic-Hai
FaZe Clan
Cloud 9

Best Debut Indie Game
Slime Rancher
Mr Shifty
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
Cuphead

Best Chinese Game

Monument Valley 2(《纪念碑谷2》)
jx3 HD(《剑网3》重制版》)
Gumballs(《不思议迷宫》)
ICEY(《艾希》)
King Of Glory(《王者荣耀》)

Update:
Here's the list of all the winners at the Video Game Awards.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kimo Force on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards 2017   Video Game Awards 2017 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:53 am

Game of the Year: Persona 5
I think we can all agree that this'll go to either Super Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild, so at the very least I'm going to give this one to my boys from Atlus for a game that really means so much to me. Good picks for this category, but the absence of NieR:Automata here definitely blows and the inclusion of PUBG is both questionable and worrying.

Best Game Direction: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I think credit should be given where credit is due, but BOTW definitely did a lot of things right for the open-world formula. It kept things simple where it needed to be, and left the parts that needed to be complex as such. Not to mention all the sandbox physics stuff that work incredibly well. I think Resident Evil 7 did a good job too as did Wolfenstein II.

Best Narrative: NieR: Automata
For the love of god, please win. The other picks are okay but it's this game that really kicks it out of the park. I've never seen a game that's had me care this much about even its side-quests of all things. Also, I understand that this would never make it here, but shotout to Danganronpa V3 for its seriously risky but impressive narration. Maybe not as good as NieR's, but nonetheless give praise where praise is due. Of course I know the fanbase is split on this game, so you do you. This is just my opinion after all.

Best Art Direction: Persona 5
This game is absolutely gorgeous in absolutely every way, with what I consider to be the best UI and HUD designs I've seen in any video game till this day. I'll also be fine if Cuphead wins this one but it's highly unlikely it will. Still, just...don't let Destiny 2 win.

Best Score/Music: Persona 5
Keiichi Okabe seems to be getting all the praise on my timeline, and NieR's music is stunning. That said, I definitely have to give this to Shoji Meguro, who's my favorite composer only second to Daisuke Ishiwatari.

Best Audio Design: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
I'll give this one to the game that's not only built to emulate psychosis but even accomplishes it in strides. RE7 may be good but I can't say the same about its audio design.

Best Performance: Melina Jeurgens as Senua (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)
As much as I love Laura Bailey, the amount of raw emotion put into Senua has to be one of the best performances I've seen in a video game for quite some time. Of course, that's understandable considering that the game is 90% centered around her. Still, outstanding job from Melina, both in terms of motion capture and voice acting.

Games for Impact: Night in the Woods
I'm not all too familiar with a lot of these games, but NitW did tackle a pretty interesting subject matter that I believe is either pretty relatable to some people, or absolutely repulsive to others (but hey, that's the point).

Best Ongoing Game: Warframe
Please give this game recognition. It's seriously good even if a little too grindy.

Best Mobile Game: Monument Valley 2
Idk it's good I guess.

Best Handheld Game: Metroid Samus Returns
Not a lot of big mobile titles this year, but the new Metroid was pretty good.

Best VR Game: Superhot VR
Look as much as I like Resident Evil 7, I really don't think it fully took advantage of VR aside from "the scares are in your face now and also you feel barfy" so this one goes to another game that I definitely thing took better advantage of VR.

Best Action Game: Cuphead
Ehhhh I really didn't play Nioh but if I have to make a choice then it has to go to Cuphead.

Best Action/Adventure Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Role-Playing Game: Persona 5
I still think NieR should have been in the best action game category, but if it means avoiding the likes of Mario Odyssey then so be it. That said, I still have to give it to Persona 5 because reasons. I hope that either one of these games wins this award.

Best Fighting Game: Tekken 7
Shame we can't give this to the DragonBall FighterZ beta lol. I don't care who wins this one; just not Marvel please. Tekken 7 is pretty good so sure.

Best Family Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Well, it certainly is the best game on that list

Best Strategy Game: Tooth and Tail
I don't play a whole deal of strategy games (actually I don't play any strategy games) but this game looks neat so it gets my vote.

Best Sports/Racing Game: Project Cars 2
Whichever one doesn't have microtransactions

Best Multiplayer: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
I dunno man. Despite all the controversy, a lot of people are playing this game. It's still the most-played game this year.

Most Anticipated Game: Monster Hunter: World
I've been desperately anticipating Monster Hunter to leave the clutches of the 3DS and come back to main consoles, so I'm definitely excited for this one.

Best Independent Game: Cuphead
Bit of a shame that The Sexy Brutale didn't make it onto this list because I was hoping a game as clever as it was would get a lot more recognition. Oh well. Cuphead it is.

Best Student Game: Level Squared
I voted for the puzzle game.

Trending Gamers: Steven Spohn (AbleGamers)
Bit of a throwaway vote since I don't recognize anyone here aside from Mr. Disrespect and for negative reasons.

Best Esports Game: Overwatch
It's the only one I have any interest in playing

Best Esports Player: Je-hong “ryujehong” Ryu (Seoul Dynasty, Overwatch)
I don't watch Esports but he plays Overwatch so weeee.

Best Esports Team: [N/A]
Like I said; don't watch Esports.

Best Debut Indie Game: Hollow Knight
I've already voted for Cuphead way too many times. Hollow Knight is great too and definitely deserves all the recognition. Plus Cuphead is a little on the short side with Hollow Knight sporting a lot more content by comparison.

Best Chinese Game: ICEY(《艾希》)
Okay look, ICEY sort of does a lot of the same things NieR: Automata does but in 2D. It's certainly a great time and is absolutely worth checking out.

Last edited by Kimo Force on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards 2017   Video Game Awards 2017 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 am

I played League of Legends as always.
Mobile games: Monument Valley 2, Time Locker, Ninja Arashi, Shattered Pixel Dungeon.
E-Sports Team would have to be Team Solo Mid.
E-Sports Player: i-Boy.
This kid is fucking 17 and he shat on people at worlds. His mechanics are immaculate. Did you see the fucking buffering on Tristana? It's bullshit that EDG didn't get out of groups. They would've put way better matches than Cloud 9.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards 2017   Video Game Awards 2017 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Game of the Year: Persona 5
Persona 5 is my first entry into the series proper. My only other entry would be Persona 4 Arena. P5's art design and music are very memorable and this isn't a game I'm just gonna forget after awhile. While I have my problems with how Confidants are handled I enjoyed ever storyline of these characters I got to max out and solidify my bonds with those around me (and fall in love with in Takemi's case). While I may not go back to the older games I'm definitely going to give any future game in the series a shot.

...alsonier:automataisn'tanominee

Best Game Direction: Horizon Zero Dawn
I know this comes off as another Leo hates Breath of the Wild bit but hear me out for a sec. The main reason that Horizon Zero Dawn is my pick is because I feel that it does what it's trying to do better than what Breath of the Wild is trying to do. BotW has a solid base, the foundation for an amazing game is there but it just doesn't hit those detailed points. The weapon system isn't good, the dungeons are boring, the climax of the game is boring. The mini dungeons are nice sure but I feel like that is why the proper dungeons feel so lacking.

Horizon Zero Dawn is not as inventive as BotW, you can't climb everywhere, it follows a lot of modern AAA open world action game tropes but it does them very well. The Assassin's Creed style towers (that BotW also did) are very fun as you figure out a way to climb on top of these giant robotic creatures. The underground caves truly feel like another world lost and forgotten in the current age. Figuring out the different weak points of all the creatures is fun and challenging and the world that the game takes place in is beautiful. To me, Horizon Zero Dawn is a finely crafted sword while Breath of the Wild is some new never before seen weapon that just isn't quite as effective.

Best Narrative: NieR: Automata
I won't pretend that I'm an OG Yoko Taro that knew of his works as soon as Drakengard 1 came out. I only started looking into his games after seeing the first trailer for NieR: Automata, starting with the game to come before this, the original NieR. NieR is an amazing story, you won't find too many people who'd say it isn't. When it got to the moment when *spoilers* I lost my shit. In similar fashion NieR: Automata has moments when *spoilers* and I lost my shit. This is one of those games you show as an example of games being more than just mindless entertainment for the kids. I'm glad Automata sold so well, this helps both Yoko Taro and Platinum Games.

Best Art Direction: Persona 5
This is a bit tough for me. I really like Destiny's armor designs, the machine designs from Horizon Zero Dawn are so sick and the world is beautiful, and the rubber hose animation of Cuphead brings me back to watching old black and white cartoons as a kid (wow that makes me sound old). Persona 5 is my pick because of how much time and thought are put into every little thing. While all these games look great, P5 is stylish even out of the in game world with the design of the UI and menus. P5 just screams stylish.

Best Score/Music: NieR: Automata
P5 has a nice soundtrack but NieR has one of my favorite OSTs in all of gaming and Automata basically added even more amazing tracks on top of that. Also the song, Weight of the World, is such a memorable song for me and all the different versions.

...idon'tevenrememberasinglesongfromBotW

Best Audio Design: Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
It's one of the biggest selling points of the game.

Best Performance: Ashly Burch, Horizon: Zero Dawn

Games for Impact: Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
This just wins because the only other game in this category I know anything about is Night in the Woods and really that game is more disappointing than anything.

Best Ongoing Game: Overwatch
Where is Final Fantasy XIV you fucks.

Best Mobile Game: N/A
Didn't play any of these games enough for a real pick.

Best Handheld Game: N/A
Didn't play any of these.

Best VR Game: N/A
Didn't play anything in VR.

Best Action Game: Nioh
Nioh is so fun with its fast pace stance switching combat system. I'm looking forward to more games like this.

Best Action/Adventure Game: Horizon Zero Dawn
You know I didn't enjoy Breath of the Wild and I've yet to play Super Mario Odyssey.

Best Role-Playing Game: NieR: Automata
Final Fantasy XV would've been my pick if this was 2016. I would like to play Divinity: Original Sin 2 and South Park: The Fractured But Whole at some point though.

Best Fighting Game: Injustice 2
If we went by how fun then Tekken 7 or even Marvel vs Capcom Infinite would win but Injustice 2 is just leagues ahead of the competition when it comes to the full package. There are just way more things to do both online and offline and while Tekken has a nice character editor it just doesn't hold a candle to Injustice's armor system. (Mortal Kombat 11 needs to come out man.)

Best Family Game: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
When I think family game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the first thing to come to mind.

Best Strategy Game: N/A

Best Sports/Racing Game: N/A
I heard Forza Motorsport 7 was good.

Best Multiplayer: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Do we really count new editions?

Most Anticipated Game: Monster Hunter: World
But I don't see Kingdom Hear-*shot* Monster Hunter is finally doing what I said it needed to do in order for me to finally jump into the series. I'm definitely looking forward to hunting some monsters with the EDF.

Best Independent Game: Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Hopefully this leads to more games to come out like this.

Best Student Game: Skyrim
You should buy it.

Trending Gamers: Maximilian DOOD

Best Esports Game: Overwatch
It only recent got good.

Best Esports Player: Tokido

Best Esports Team: Echo Fox
They got so many killers in different games it just ain't fair. Also Tokido.

Best Debut Indie Game: Cuphead

Best Chinese Game: N/A
Fuck if I know.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards 2017   Video Game Awards 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Game Awards 2017
Page 1 of 1