World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy Tere$a's Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Happy Tere$a's Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Tere$a's Day   Happy Tere$a's Day EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 am

Happy Valentine's Day.

To JJ and whoever might be hiding their personal relationships, I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day with your lover. I congratulate you on finding a lover and I hope your love stays strong until the end of time.

To my fellow single gentlemen, I congratulate you for being single and congratulate you on being single. After all, if you weren't single, what would you be? A part of a pair? You need someone to complete you and feel whole? Do you really want to be that weak and dependent of a person? We leave behind our childhood days of dependence on guardians and gain independence, but then seek dependence once again? You want to go back to the time when you couldn't live alone by yourself? That's just devolution at its finest.

If you ever get into a relationship, your chances of being unhappy by the end of the day are much greater than your chances of finding happiness. According to Hellen Chen, 85% of relationships ends up in breakups. Breakups can lead to insomnia, depression, unease, and an inability to trust others, as well as many other symptoms. "There are only 2 endings to a relationship: marriage or breakups. If there is no intention to get married in the first place, most singles are simply wasting their time." -Hellen Chen

Then would you think it's fine if you gambled on that 15%? Let's say you're feeling lucky. You started dating. You and your lover decide to get married. Boom. 41% of first marriages result in divorce. If you dated once and married once, you'd have an 8.85% chance it would last forever. You dated another girl and the 15% was on your side again. 60% of second marriages result in divorce. Good luck keeping a lover by your side, because the chances are, you'll get sick of each other sooner or later.

"According to a study done by the wizards at eHarmony, most people will (or should) date 12 people before getting married. This means that ten of those will either be giant duds or will break your heart." Do you really want to take such a huge risk? Do you want to break your heart over and over and end up with flakes where your heart should be? Personally, I prefer to be happy.

Rather, why would you want to share your entire life with someone else? It's nice to dream of a steady life with a lover, but have you ever stopped to romanticize and imagine the reality of it? Your lover will be the first thing you see in the morning and the last thing you see before you go to bed. She'll know all your secrets and all your embarrassing moments. You'll be living with her. She'll be in your life. Forever. Forever. Have you ever lived with a roommate for... ever? Of course not. Can you imagine how easily you'd get bored of them, and they'd similarly get sick of you? It changes from mutual love to mutual "I've had enough of this person."

No, you know what? This isn't a topic made to chastise your life choices. It's a topic to discuss Valentine's Day. A day to commemorate Saint Valentine of Rome. Yes, that's all it is. There is no real love behind the original Valentine's Day. Some time later, Valentine was executed. The day before his execution, he wrote to a young girl a letter signed "Your Valentine" as a farewell.

Valentine's day only became romantic over a thousand years later, when some authors such as Geoffrey Chaucer fooled around in the court, and it was apparently enough fooling around to be noticed. It took even more hundreds of years, and the young chaps of 18th-century England made Valentine's what it is today.

Saint Valentine himself had nothing to do with the traditions that currently take place every year on Valentine's Day-- he died not knowing this would happen. These traditions are a product of people's boredom, and every salesperson will gladly jump on the opportunity to offer a discount of sorts and entice unsuspecting customers. Every florist, every chocolatier, and millions of companies are enjoying this day much more than others. This isn't a day to commemorate Saint Valentine or to celebrate a healthy relationship. Whether you're single or not, the real winners of Valentine's Day are the salespeople. You buy, you lose. Valentine's day is nothing more than a loveless scheme.

Can you imagine how weird it is to say "Can you be my Valentine" now? It's the same as asking to be your Teresa or Martha. There's no actual meaning behind these little labels. There's no point to it. There was never a point to it. If you can't have a fruitful relationship, then there's no point to ever loving. You can leave the loving to others who eventually, sooner or later, end up unhappy.

As I said at the very start of the topic:

Have a wonderful day, like any other.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/

Happy Tere$a's Day
Page 1 of 1