World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dandy Sworns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Actually, this deck runs pretty smoothly, but unlike most of my other high-speed Synchro decks, this one actually has a few speed bumps. Tried it against Eco's Vayu Turbo and lost 2-1. Tried it against random duelists on DN and sabotaged each and every one of them. Thing is, it's good against most decks, but slightly slower against its own kind. I thought I could use some help. Remember that this is only a fun deck, and I want to keep the LS engine since that is what's it's all about.

Dandy Sworns Untitled-1

Last edited by Kimo Force on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

so basically, its junk doppel debris, with more light monsters?

I like the idea, it looks pretty consistent and strong smile Use one less junk synchron however smile and a level eater, drop a recharge and then add 2 lonefire and a spore and you're deck will kick no end of ass :D

the Cynical Duelist :P
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Roro. I'll test it out and let you know what happens.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 pm

I've seen this deck (DANDYSWORN) attempted many times irl and i always see at least 1 quickdraw in the deck. You can easily dump a card to either add to the sorcerer or DAD count, or you can abuse level eater, your choice. But I suggest taking at least 1 ryko out for 1 quickdraw. If you consider a second quickdraw then consider taking out 1 level eater. You only really need to use level eater once, and only one can manipulate your field without ease.

To truly emphasize the sworn part of the deck you should take out Jain for Erin. Also put in maybe 1 or 2 tunings for further consistency. now what to take out for those? Well you can take out 1 cyber and the gorz. 1 Cyber dragon is enough for an easy level 8 or even just for a good beatstick, gorz is going to sit on your hand unless your opponent sacks the hell out of you and flips the duel around. I say this because I can just imagine your deck constantly being on the offensive with a large hand.

Now my last suggestions is that this deck should run few traps. I'm talking less than five. My trap line up would be solemn judgment, 2 warnings, and 2 trap stuns. I personally like to be all out offensive when I run any lightsworn variant because I love to abuse the capabilities sworns have to offer decks. If you went all out offensive running trunade wouldn't hurt too much.

Overall this is a clean, smooth structure and it looks like it can work decently well. My take on any lightsworn variant is to go on the offensive. You have the field control to do it, so take the advantage and go for it. Just shoot for the moon!

7/10
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:41 am

Ah, that was pretty detailed. Now for a quick snap-backs:

Quickdraw Synchron: Hmm, I could really use one in my deck since I need the mill power, but I wasn't sure on what to put out.
Level Eater: Yes, I only need one, but two Level Eaters increase the chances of bumping into him. That's why I always run him in two.
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter: Leaving Ryko in twos shouldn't be a problem. I'll try it.
Jain, Lightsworn Paladin: I like Jain because of her flexibility and her amazing beating capabilities, so I don't think I'd want to dump her. I could probably side Ehren or replace one Lyla if that should work.
Cyber Dragon: Not much support. I could replace him.
Gorz, Emissary of Darkness: I don't have a Battle Fader, and I'm going to need to heavy duty Gorz offers. There are sackers around every corner these days.
Trap Cards: Worth a shot.

Thanks for your time, Roro and Digi.
Back to top Go down
Eco_Junkie
WDA Member
WDA Member
Eco_Junkie

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EcoJunkie

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:55 am

i personally would side the cyberdragons and drop 1 lyla(dont think two is needed) this way you can add in the second solemn and 2 d-prisons. you could perhaps drop a recharge and junk to two for lonefire x2 and find something to put in a spore like maybe a level eater,
Back to top Go down
RCbobo
WDA Member
WDA Member
RCbobo

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : RCbobo

Dandy Sworns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dandy Sworns   Dandy Sworns EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:15 am

At least a dark hole in side.
Otherwise I can see this running well.

Like others said, Quickdraw.