World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some question again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

Some question again Empty
PostSubject: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 am

1. I attack my opponent with Gyzarus
Tag into Equeste and Darius
Equeste grab War-Chariot
Darius summon Heraklinos
Equeste+Darius -> Roach

Now I still have Heraklinos?
I'd say yes...I think.
No.

2. I have WU-Magician.
Banish him with WU-Rabbit.
WU-Magician can activate his effect?
I'd say yes as well...

Last edited by ☆_Nemlim_☆ on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:27 am

1. I read this at dn's forums, hope it helps.
"The idea is that when a card is sent back to the deck it doesn't trigger "leaves the field" effects. Therefore, if you tag out Darius after it has revived a monster the revived monster will stick around since the effect that would make the monster return to the deck is a "leaves the field" effect.

The revived monster would also retain its effects after Darius is off the field,, which gets really ridiculous if Secutor or Heraklinos were revived."

2. I'm not good at rulings but if I had to guess I'd say no, because magician isn't on the field while it activates.. Is it? Well, rabbit banishes first then magician chains... Am I right?

Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 am

First one is correct as xyz monsters do not leave the field.

Second one is incorrect as magician needs to be on the field to activate and needs to start in a diff chain ; rabbit is spd 2 and magician is spd 1,wind up magician needs to be on the field to activate so by the time rabbit's chain is done he will be off the field and unable to activate.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:18 am

then how about
MST->CotH.
CotH->Sacred Crane.
Quote :
Sacred Crane:
When this card is Special Summoned, the controller of this card draws 1 card.
draw?
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 am

Yeah, you can just chain Call of the haunted to MST. I do it all the time with Sangan <_< Yeah it gets special summoned then mst gets rid of CoTH and it goes to grave. Sangan CoTH FTW?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 am

To the new question yes you draw

It goes like this

Mst activate
Coth chain

Resolve backwards

Coth summons crane and Crain then activates before mst and when it and call of the haunted are destroyed the effect will of already gave you the draw
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:29 am

no, card can't activate in the middle of resolving chain.
if i were to draw, crane's effect would be activate after crane itself is in the graveyard. which is different compared to sangan, because sangan's effect activate in the graveyard and he is there when his effect activate.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 am

yea i explained that wrong my bad but dont wana take it from me take it from wiki

When your face-down "Call of the Haunted" is targeted by "Mystical Space Typhoon" or similar cards, you can chain "Call of the Haunted" to revive "Sacred Crane" and draw 1 card. Since "Sacred Crane's" effect is mandatory, it cannot miss the timing, so even though it was destroyed in the middle of a chain, you still draw 1 card.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:51 am

Yeah, that was why i think Magician could activate his effect.
if magician had seen rabbit activates his effect, things doesn't matter even if he is banished when his effect activates.

well that was assuming if magician checks if a WU's effect was activated slightly before the effect actually resolving. if he actually checks after the effect resolving, then he won't see rabbit's effect activates.

btw, i think, i was wrong in the 1st question because darius's effect when he leaves the field doesn't activate(doesn't start a chain). rulebook only tells that those leave the field's effect won't activates.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:44 am

magician is a "you can" effect

if i remeber correctly they CAN miss timing wich is what magician does if i remeber correctly but then again im no al
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:13 am

Q: I use darius and get heraklinos then overlay darius,would it tag out?

A: No it wouldnt as darious doesnt leave the field when attached as xyz material.

Q: I use wind up rabbit and target a wind up magician,would magician work?

A: No it would not as magician needs to be on the field to activate,magician is spd 1,rabbit is spd 2,they would not activate as a chain and since magician left the field for rabbit he cannot activate as he needs to be on the field to activate.

Q: My opponent uses MST and i chain call of the haunted,i hit a crane,would i draw?

A: Yes you would as crane is a mandatory effect and cannot miss timing,but it would activate on a separate chain since it cannot activate in the middle of an already resolving chain and would be in the grave when it goes off.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:10 am

By that thought then the monster would stay even when darius is tagged out and apparently Xyz monsters altered an effect that we were making use of for years otherwise which is unrelated to them.

Remember that when it comes to triggers, "When this card leaves the field; do x." is a specific trigger and is short for "When, while face-up this monster is EITHER returned to the hand OR sent to the graveyard OR banished; do x."
However in Darius it is not a trigger of a trigger effect since it is not for an effect which activates, what the rulebook says about "leaves the field" is only for triggers
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/585/dariusu.jpg/

Remember that darius is one of the special cases which continuously targets the monster, similarly to Il Blud. At Colombus it was ruled that it returns to the deck as I heard but here is the thing. If you were to ask me about this right now I'd tell you "rule it that it returns to the deck for now" as it is still up in the air, ruling-wise, as far as I know. If you want a definite answer ask konami via e-mail since most other answers in such a case cannot be trusted. I'd look up in the judge forum if I had better net. If you had to ask me for my opinion, the monster returns to the deck by what I gather, for what it's worth.

Wind-Up Magician needs to see the successful resolution of the wind-up effect, so it's not the same as the crane case, where it definitelly did trigger mid-chain http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=986437
Again if you were to ask me in this I would rule it as "no, it won't activate" until I did further research on similar cases to provide you with an official answer, but for now I only got this for you, sorry http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1014762
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:42 am

better poking konami now while also Waiting for yugioh NDS 2012...
whichever faster.
Fuck NDS... won't have WU-Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some question again   Some question again Empty

Back to top Go down

Some question again
Page 1 of 1