World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's get this straight

Go down 
+8
Nour Force
Unforgiven Pretender
Lupe
J.J. Knight
D JR
Katarina
Dr. Chuckles
Joker
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

Let's get this straight Empty
PostSubject: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:22 pm

So as many people have noticed the activity level of this place his been slipping lately, probably due to school or holidays depending on where you live but of the 15+ regulars that are seen on everyday what is so hard about having a duel when someone asks you to duel? Every time I have asked or dew or Chuckles have asked people to duel everybody but 2 or 3 people run and hide in a corner. Yet those are the people that then turn around and complain about not being good enough or not much people duel anymore on WDA. You know how you get better? You get better by dueling people that are either as good as you or better than you, because then you see the faults in your deck and you can change your deck accordingly.

I am not saying I am better than most duelists here because I know I am not and a large number of other duelists on here know that I am leagues away from being competitive duelist. The same goes for a number of other duelists who ask for duels and peoples response is "no you'll beat me", who gives a damn if they will beat you, that's a part of life you lose and you learn from your losses.

I am not saying you need to duel everyday or even duel official WDA duels but just get your head in to a duel and stop complaining about having nothing to do or no one to duel because there are plenty of people around wanting to duel.

Next problem is people signing up for tournaments and the screwing up the tournament by being too lazy to get their duel done. People complained a while back to the staff to give them more things to do, the staff listened to you and have being giving you tournaments and things to do since but those same people who complained are now the ones signing up for tournaments and then expecting their opponent to bend over backwards to duel them when the timezone difference is a bit difficult to accomplish. A prime example I will use is Myself vs Unknown, our time zones basically set us up to be 10 hours apart, I have uni and work he has School, I bent my self backwards trying to find a time when he was on to duel and the only time he told me was 8am my time, which I have uni classes each day at 8am my time, I stayed up very late on most nights or got up a few hours earlier than normal to try and find him and the few times he was on he either did not respond or said he did not want to duel. Why the hell would you sign up for a tournament when you are only available to duel for a 1 hour a day? and even then you are not always on at that time? why waste other peoples time? Now this is not supposed to be an attack on Unknown it is an example of people signing up for tournaments and then ruining them by not making a bit of effort to stay up an extra hour or get up a bit earlier, it wont make much difference to your life if you gave up 1 hour extra to try and get a duel done.

Another issues about people in tournaments is when their opponent send them a message asking for the best time to duel them and they don't response, I know this has happened to Unforgiven Pretender a lot. If you are not going to even make an effort in the tournament don't sign up. If you are going to be a away at some point in the tournament don't sign up, it's that simple.

This is not an attack on the staff but an attack on the few members of the WDA community who do nothing but complain without realizing that they are the problem

Last edited by The Joker on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 am

thank you joker, he's right, i was going to do this myself but i got swamped with hw when i reurned from spring break. the staff has done it's part and started providing tournys, the dorm leaders have done thier part providing games and things of that sort to it's members and yet i log in daily and only see 1 to 4 or 5 new post a day?!?!?! that's crazy guys, it doesn't take much time to duel, or post or do much of anything on this site so there's no reason why it should be so inactive. i mean i'm a college student myself taking 18hrs and i've got a full time job so i know what it feels like to have no free time, but i still manage to get on and check this at least once a duel, hell i try finding duels but it's begun to frustrate me so now i just deal with the SUPER ANNOYING NOOBS, that DN housing like superstars.

all i'm saying in lets try and do better, lets all do our part to keep this place active and alive because a few of us can't do it on our own.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 am

Academies itself die, people prefer do other stuff then yugioh i suppose
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 am

I came back when the academy is dying? Sad...

I'll duel ya! :D!
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 am

School and jobs are the reason why academies eventually go inactive. It's this time of year when tests either just getting over or just beginning. You see this every year. It's a good thing that people stop coming on to troll each other and do their homework or participate in their job.

As for joining tournaments then avoid duels/aren't committed, then give them a penalty. If they sign up, they better damn do it. It's understandable if something came up like homework, your dog got hit by a car, or a new episode of House is on TV, but avoid the duel because you're going to be probed by UP's deck is no excuse for being a pansy. Just get it over and done with. Who knows, maybe you won't get raped as bad as you think you will be.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 pm

J. J. Knight wrote:
You see this every year. It's a good thing that people stop coming on to troll each other and do their homework or participate in their job.

Actually imo and tbh that's what made the place active at some points. Even though it's a bad thing
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I support this topic. =)
It's Unforgiven, not Unknown Pretender, Joker, but the point your making is still very valid. blink

Anyway, I think tournaments should just stop existing, outside live tournaments.
I think the whole tournament concept just has failed with all these inactive, unmotivated people.

Maybe make live tournaments more visible on the forum?
Like posting times when they will be held so people will be online then. (No idea if this already happends though)

And thanks for the support J.J. ^^
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Why make Live Tournaments if people won't even go on so we can even make a live tournament?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:16 am

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
I support this topic. =)
It's Unforgiven, not Unknown Pretender, Joker, but the point your making is still very valid. blink

Anyway, I think tournaments should just stop existing, outside live tournaments.
I think the whole tournament concept just has failed with all these inactive, unmotivated people.

Maybe make live tournaments more visible on the forum?
Like posting times when they will be held so people will be online then. (No idea if this already happends though)

And thanks for the support J.J. ^^
Live tournaments happen when there is a sufficient number of people online at a certain time, they won't be programmed. If 2 people can't get online at the same time for a single match of a tournament how are we going to get 8 people online at the same time for an entire tour on a regular basis?
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am

This place is constantly going up and down in activity. For now, it's on the low side. That is because some people are inactive because of jobs, school, and other things. Those that are left have little to do while half of the staff and members are gone. Because of that, there is less reason to come here as much and they bow out as well. So the whole academy starts to go under. Any suggestions on how to change that would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 am

I don't suggest taking out tournaments all together and just leave only Live Tournaments.
I think that when you host a tournament stress the fact that "one should only join if you know you are going to be active."
That is easier said then done so another suggestion might be to completely set up the deadlines before the tournament so people can check their agenda to see if they will be able to participate completely.
People just need to make sure when they sign up for tournaments, that should become their top priority when they get on their PC. .-. And strive to get their duels done such as writing PM's to your opponents or reading and listening to PM's that are sent to you from your opponent -.-
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 am

I only refuse if:

1. I need to fix my rating(because I often enter bad luck streaks)

2. Have something IRL im working on and just online to talk.

3. If I REALLY don't feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this straight   Let's get this straight Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's get this straight
Page 1 of 1