World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Japanese Myth is SHIT

Go down 
+2
Masaaki Endoh
Nour Force
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

This Japanese Myth is SHIT Empty
PostSubject: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 am

So, today I'm here to educate you about a certain Japanese Myth. A myth about a deity that is associated with toilets; The toilet god or kawiyama kami. These deities have been associated with health, well-being and fertility. People have made offers through meditating and praying.

Most bodily wastes were collected and used as fertilizers, ensuring a higher overall level of sanitation than in other countries where wastes were stored in cesspits or otherwise disposed of. Toilets were often dark and unpleasant places where the user was at some risk of falling in and drowning. The protection of the toilet god was therefore sought to avoid such an insanitary fate.

A properly appointed toilet would be decorated and kept as clean as possible, as the toilet god was considered to be very beautiful. The state of the toilet was said to have an effect on the physical appearance of unborn children. Pregnant women asked the toilet god to give boys a "high nose" and dimples to girls. If the toilet was dirty, however, it was said to cause children to be born ugly and unhappy. According to a different Japanese tradition, the toilet god was said to be a blind man holding a spear in his hand. This presented an obvious and painful threat when squatting down to defecate, so it was regarded as necessary to clear one's throat before entering so that the blind toilet god would sheathe his spear.

The Ainu people of far northern Japan and the Russian Far East believed that the Rukar Kamuy, their version of a toilet god, would be the first to come to help in the event of danger.

Similar beliefs also existed in Korea, where the toilet god or cheukgansin was dubbed the "young lady of the toilet". She was regarded as having a "perverse character" and was propitated each year in October by housewives, along with the other household gods. Yes, everyone had their own toilet god.

In New Zealand, the atua – the gods and spirits of the Māori people – were believed to focus on the village latrine. If a warrior experienced sickness or faintness of heart, he would retreat to the latrine and bite its structure. The gods were said to frequent the latrine in large numbers and excrement was regarded as the food of the dead.

Also, the inhabitants of ancient Rome had a sewer goddess, a toilet god and a god of excrement. All the types~

I'm sure most of you have seen this poop god resembling a foot in Shin Megami Tensei. The myth was also a part of an anime.

This Japanese Myth is SHIT Tumblr_ma1j9g0Jos1qhvuflo1_500

This Japanese Myth is SHIT Tumblr_mbm2s5Dgyj1rvkw6no1_500

I mostly got this from Wikipedia.

Last edited by Nour Force on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Masaaki Endoh
WDA Member
WDA Member
Masaaki Endoh

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Ragonai Izoku

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 am

what did i just read...
Back to top Go down
Weissaber
WDA Member
WDA Member
Weissaber

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 am

You just read SHIT.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 am

holy shit
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:08 pm

This Japanese Myth is SHIT Tumblr_lma7ewZUBr1qaminlo1_500
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Why must you confound us Master
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

now i'm wondering wth nour watches....
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 pm

AliBaba wrote:
Binbougami-ga! Anime that came out last season or two seasons ago, I don't particularly remember, but it was pretty good actually. Lots of references and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 pm

danna45 wrote:
AliBaba wrote:
Binbougami-ga! Anime that came out last season or two seasons ago, I don't particularly remember, but it was pretty good actually. Lots of references and stuff.
NO DANNA IT WAS SHIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Japanese Myth is SHIT   This Japanese Myth is SHIT Empty

Back to top Go down

This Japanese Myth is SHIT
Page 1 of 1