World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion   Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Spoiler:

- This month's calendar for Ultimate Otaku and the events that will be going on. Although there are things listed for dates, no themes are decided on virtually any of the events as it currently stands.

- The "Vs" Series will be little competitions when two relatable characters, shows, tropes, or whatever it be (generally characters) and everyone votes and talks about which one is their favorite, or whatever the theme may be. (moe, annoying, coolest, whatever) For voicing your opinion in the "Vs" events, you can get 2 Otaku Points a week.

- Dango Contests probably make a lot more sense to those who participated to Digi's old contests in this section, were people did something like post their favorite AMV and everyone voted on their favorite... only everything was graded in Dangos. We'll be doing this again using the traditional Dango voting system, so it felt appropriate naming it such. Otaku points will be rewarded both those who win and participants.

- A manga caption contest is being cooked up were you get to fill in the caption for a manga page to try to make the most interesting or funniest comic strip possible.  This too will reward Otaku Points.

- Lastly, live events will be happening now and again both in the chat and in the section spontaneously when there seems to be a good number of members on. This will also be a good time to scoop up Otaku Points. On top of that, the calendar is never 100% and events may be added if deemed a good idea or popular.

For anyone lost so far, check out this thread; http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6554-what-is-ultimate-otaku

So for anyone who actually looked at the calendar, it's actually the 13th that we start. So why post it now? A couple things. First I'd love theme feedback for the events. What characters, shows and themes would you like to see? I'm pretty sure people have a general idea of what they like in general and I'd like to know what it is so I can try to keep this interesting... of course, if I don't get any feedback I'd be more then glad to make the themes myself as the events come, but that's no fun.

Secondly, I'd like to see what everyone would like the anime of the month to be for the season after this one. As a starter season I wouldn't want to throw up just any show, but I'd like to get what people want to see out on the table so come near the start of the next Ultimate Otaku season we can vote on the popular ideas and have our semi-mascot.

Thanks for reading and look forward to the 13th. :3
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion   Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 pm

i'm thinking snk as the anime of the month since it's popular right now
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion   Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Ehh, I guess I'll suggest Watamote for AOTM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion   Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Otaku S2: Calander and Discussion
Page 1 of 1