World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We Demand a Banlist Analysis!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

We Demand a Banlist Analysis! Empty
PostSubject: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:08 am

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

6th Sense UNBANNED?!!! I think this is a good time for a good analysis. It would be greatly appreciated.

And can someone answer my question here: http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6774-question-concerning-the-metagame-sep-2013#59258
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:04 am

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Collection_4_Mega-Pack

We Demand a Banlist Analysis! LCJW-BoosterEN

We Demand a Banlist Analysis! Bag_of_money
Back to top Go down
D.D. Eatos
WDA Member
WDA Member
D.D. Eatos

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! ! ! ! Fabled Asian

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:10 pm

6th Sense, you either get a crazy foolish burial, or instant new hand. Almost no down side to alot of decks these days since many of them are use the grave (BB's, LS, Chaos Drag, etc) and draw power isn't bad either. Everyone is going for 5 and 6; worst case scenario is you milling 4 cards and even thats not an issue. Either promoting new Lightsworns but that would mostly be a part of what RJ posted.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:12 am

D.D. Eatos wrote:
6th Sense, you either get a crazy foolish burial, or instant new hand. Almost no down side to alot of decks these days since many of them are use the grave (BB's, LS, Chaos Drag, etc) and draw power isn't bad either. Everyone is going for 5 and 6; worst case scenario is you milling 4 cards and even thats not an issue. Either promoting new Lightsworns but that would mostly be a part of what RJ posted.
I'll state it again in case I am misunderstood, the card is op and certainly banworthy, but let's stop blowing it out of proportion.
Foolish burial is the card it is because you select, milling does not equal foolish burial, if you told me to choose between sending 3 random cards to the graveyard and activating foolish burial, I'd activate foolish burial in every case, so it's certainly not a crazy foolish burial. Milling is good but not when it happens at a minus, ryko destroys something, card trooper gets you a card, charge of the light brigade gets you a search, foolish burial is a minus but you select. If milling alone was strong then everyone would play Needlebug Nest, it's also a trap and at no cost it will always mill more than 6th Sense will, so that's even more crazy foolish burial if we go by that.

Worst case is obviously milling 1 card, not milling 4 cards. Milling is a decent compensation but let's remember that if you don't get 5 or 6 you are milling cards randomly at a minus. The card is great not because it is milling, that's what completes its viability, the reason it's great is because of the risk vs reward, you have a 1/3 chance to draw 5 or 6 cards, that's 11/6 cards on average which is a plus on average. Chance based cards in ygo aren't bad because chance is bad, look at other CGs which use luck based cards (pkmn for example), but it's the terrible odds on risk vs reward you are always getting so long as we are not talking about sixth sense.

Btw, just reminding people, we used to have trishula at 3 on release even though ocg had limited it by that time with the same banlist, just saying, it's not that different of a strategy on konami's side.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:27 am

Absolutely every deck now has a 1/3rd chance of getting a +4/+5 and a 2/3rd chance of getting a -1...

I can't figure out at all why this would be limited, why not just unban Pot of Greed if we want to give every deck a retarded draw mechanic, at least that's consistent. That doesn't have the possibility of literally a dice roll to create up to a +6 card difference (if both players used it) with no real counterplay prodictions, or dare I use the word skill involved to get that advantage.

Either I'm missing something huge or Koonami is out of their mind.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:40 am

You can't even do the random Heavy Slump tech because you don't even know whether sixth sense will work or not lol, just pray your opponent doesn't have all of the luck, or play seven tools if you are unsure. Btw, new funniest play of the format, sixth sense, chain dark bribe.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Its starting to make sense now. I guess the other question I had there can be answered when the upcoming format is settled in.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
D.D. Eatos
WDA Member
WDA Member
D.D. Eatos

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! ! ! ! Fabled Asian

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
D.D. Eatos wrote:
I'll state it again in case I am misunderstood, the card is op and certainly banworthy, but let's stop blowing it out of proportion.
Foolish burial is the card it is because you select, milling does not equal foolish burial, if you told me to choose between sending 3 random cards to the graveyard and activating foolish burial, I'd activate foolish burial in every case, so it's certainly not a crazy foolish burial. Milling is good but not when it happens at a minus, ryko destroys something, card trooper gets you a card, charge of the light brigade gets you a search, foolish burial is a minus but you select. If milling alone was strong then everyone would play Needlebug Nest, it's also a trap and at no cost it will always mill more than 6th Sense will, so that's even more crazy foolish burial if we go by that.

Worst case is obviously milling 1 card, not milling 4 cards. Milling is a decent compensation but let's remember that if you don't get 5 or 6 you are milling cards randomly at a minus. The card is great not because it is milling, that's what completes its viability, the reason it's great is because of the risk vs reward, you have a 1/3 chance to draw 5 or 6 cards, that's 11/6 cards on average which is a plus on average. Chance based cards in ygo aren't bad because chance is bad, look at other CGs which use luck based cards (pkmn for example), but it's the terrible odds on risk vs reward you are always getting so long as we are not talking about sixth sense.

Btw, just reminding people, we used to have trishula at 3 on release even though ocg had limited it by that time with the same banlist, just saying, it's not that different of a strategy on konami's side.
Ye I meant that milling isnt bad per say since decks like LS and Dragons will most almost no risk in using this card. I tend to exaggerate my word choices x_x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Demand a Banlist Analysis!   We Demand a Banlist Analysis! Empty

Back to top Go down

We Demand a Banlist Analysis!
Page 1 of 1