World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tengu and Xyz

Go down 
+6
Fish
raye
☆_Nemlim_☆
AsianShadow
mido9
Al-Bhed
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:58 pm

I was writing something bigger but since my laptop decided to erase the entire thing for no good reason I will write something much more compact.
So, here is the deal. Remember the Xyz FAQ? I will just link you to dueling days for them
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com/2011/03/exceed-summoning-rulings.html
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com/2011/04/exceed-summoning-rulings-updated.html
cuz that's how I roll
anyways, on the tengu matter. A xyz material is not on the field, so one could argue that when tengu becomes a xyz material the action of "leaving the field" is done and his effect triggers, that is further backed by an article on the konami strategy site http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=6020 (our zephyros article was much better and it did not ruin countless of locals around the world in the process).

The arguements against are: Said article is written by a contracted writter for konami and is in no way official nor can official rulings be extrapolated from it. Xyz materials don't have effects, similarly to how monsters in the deck don't have effects, so just like returning tengu to the deck does not trigger his effect as he does not have an effect in the location it ends up in, making tengu a xyz material does not trigger his effect as he does not have an effect in the state he ends up in OR/AND just because it was on the field before and is not there now does not mean he left the field, do not apply physical concepts to duel monsters, there is no reason for them to follow them, it was on the field, it is not there now, who are you to say it left the field at a point.

Most importantly.
as you can see in the above faq, in the OCG there are official rulings stating that when Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is used as an Xyz material his effect does not trigger (tengu and AZ have the exact same trigger) and Plaguespreader zombie is not removed from play, which would mean that according to official OCG rulings tengu does not trigger, while the TCG has nothing to say on the matter, no official rulings, and Konami officials for now keep dodging giving an actual answer to it, while they do aknowledge there is an issue.

There are judges who will rule it as "tengu triggers" just to stay in line with the unofficial article just because it is in a konami site, others will follow actual OCG rulings and say it does not trigger, so it can easily be ruled either way.

For now and for WDA, since I get many times the "how do you rule this al-bhed" so long as in your duels you trust me as your rule judge thingy, I will always be ruling it as "tengu does NOT trigger" until we get an official ruling for the TCG (which is rumored to be around the time the dark world structure deck is released, while there should be individual localized rulings for events, but not official, so it could be a long time). Of course if you duel randoms on DN I can do nothing, you have to take the word of the DN admin for it, but for duels withing the academy, so long as you take the "go to al-bhed" action, or thinking to take it, or just accept it, that is the answer:

Reborn Tengu will NOT trigger when used as Xyz material for a Xyz summon.

Happy Xyz'ing
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : mido9

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 pm

I was just telling Vaati that a monster detached is considered sent to the graveyard,but not from the field.

And ofc al has a piece of info that backs it up.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 am

Awww,I thought RT's effect would work,well,there goes my plan.. :(
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:17 am

but...but kevin tewart said D:
and I thought, OCG FAQ doesn't have a ruling about Xyz vs Absolute Zero.
and why does duelingdays is getting more "official" than konami site :x

I mean, think about it this way, if Reborn Tengu's effect could activate under the Xyz Material Stack, what would happen while King Tiger Wanghu is under Xyz Material? :O
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 am

If you summon cyber dragon then activate instant fusion to summon Cyber Saurus and the Xyz Summon a rank 5 monster, at the end phase does instant fusion eff taking the fusion monster or is not considered on the field anymore
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 am

Wouldn't that be like cybersaurus being face down? You can't remove it since it isn't cybersaurus it's a facedown monster, but it's still on the field.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 am

The OCG does have an official ruling, dueling days is not more credible than the konami site, they simply translated the link they posted to the japanese FAQ on their konami site which is official rulings,
http://yugioh-wiki.net/index.php?%A5%A8%A5%AF%A5%B7%A1%BC%A5%BA%C1%C7%BA%E0
az ruling wrote:
Q:エクシーズ素材が《E・HERO アブソルートZero》の時、エクシーズモンスターがフィールドを離れる場合、この効果を発動しますか?
A:いいえ、エクシーズ素材の《E・HERO アブソルートZero》はフィールドから離れた扱いではないので発動しません。(11/03/19)
psz ruling wrote:
Q:自身の効果によって墓地からフィールド上に特殊召喚した「《ゾンビキャリア》」は、フィールド上から離れた時点でゲームから除外されますが、この「《ゾンビキャリア》」をエクシーズ召喚の際にエクシーズ素材として使用する事はできますか?
  もしエクシーズ素材として使用できる場合、この「《ゾンビキャリア》」はフィールド上に残り続けますか?それともゲームから除外されますか?
A:自身の効果によって墓地からフィールド上に特殊召喚した「《ゾンビキャリア》」を、エクシーズ召喚の際にエクシーズ素材として使用する事はできます。
  また、「《ゾンビキャリア》」をエクシーズ素材として使用する場合は、モンスターカードとしてではなく、エクシーズ素材として扱われる為、ゲームから除外されずフィールド上に残り続けます。
  なお、エクシーズモンスターがフィールド上から離れた場合、エクシーズ素材として使用した「《ゾンビキャリア》」は墓地へ送られます。(11/03/17)
so yeah, just like our faqs make official rulings their faqs also make official rulings so both absolute zero and PSZ have them.
And when exactly did Kevin Tewart say that tengu triggers? This says otherwise, if you can point me to a place where Kevin Tewart gives an answer that would be better http://www.pojo.biz/board/showpost.php?p=22304692&postcount=38
When I said Konami officials are dodging giving an answer I meant kevin tewart, 90% of the times when you say "Konami officials" you mean Mr. Tewart.

We will follow the OCG eventually, that is when we get actual rulings on the matter. Some time ago there during the time of a banlist switch konami took down the banalist for a few days to put up the new one. In the meanwhile idiots in locals were playing with 3 of each piece of exodia claiming that they can because there is no banlist in effect, and there were idiot judges who accepted it. Going ahead to go around OCG rulings that we know exist based solely on an article that has nothing official about it simply to abuse a 2 week loophole with our lovely tengu for no reason other than trolling makes us no different than those idiots, and if you use the excuse that the TCG says nothing on the matter I'm gonna use Phantom Skyblaster and xyz with the tokens because the TCG doesn't say you can't Xyz with tokens yet.

So long as we are playing in WDA at least where I have a say we'll be using official rulings and not opportunists' loopholes, so in all official WDA matches if a player asks for this to be followed it will be followed unless an admin overrides this decision.

Raye, cybersaurus is not even a monster anymore so instant fusion leaves it alone.
Quote :
I mean, think about it this way, if Reborn Tengu's effect could activate under the Xyz Material Stack, what would happen while King Tiger Wanghu is under Xyz Material? :O
I don't understand your question. Your "if" question assumes tengu will activate, unless you are agreeing with me I don't get what you are trying to prove. KTW will not have an effect while it is an overlay unit, simple, again I don't get what you are trying to say.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am

Err...yugioh.wiki is not official as well I think?
official OCG ruling source comes from:
http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp

yugioh-wiki... is just yugioh.wikia without any sources as to where they got the ruling :/ (or it's just I can't find the link)

and yeah some other part of the discussion posted by redshift:
and Julia said that article have been reviewed by R&D team before being posted:
Tengu and Xyz Untitled

And as token vs Xyz, ofc we are following OCG rules because TCG never contradict about it, and never stating token can be used for Xyz Summon.

damn it, I trolling to hard when I prefer to have tengu doesn't activate it's effect when being Xyz-ed
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am

AsianShadow wrote:
Awww,I thought RT's effect would work,well,there goes my plan.. :(
I'm taking rjuto's place for a moment and gonna say this for him:"u mad bro?" :P Naw I'm playing, but seriously if rjuto were here he would say that.
Oh, and al-bhed thanks for that! Learned a bit more bout them xyz.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah, I'm sure there is nothing official about the faq... it was probably made by random bystanders... It is extrapolated from the official rulebook though and it is how they are ruling it in the OCG, main use of it is in the daigusto otk deck, 3 quillbolt, 1 psz, none is removed.
Btw, the az ruling is unofficial but for psz an official ruling does exist, supporting this whole deck. http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=el&event=ZE0002&tid=61294

The one liner you quoted from julia simply says R&D saw it, it's not written by them and I am pretty certain Kevin Stewart's "still under review because we are finding a way to explain how you leave the field without leaving the field" q&a came after said "reviewing" happened.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 am

Great News, Tewart now stated Tengu Get it's effect effect after detached, Xyz Material doesn't leave the field. and I think so does sangan would search.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248499755248/?id=10150758094475249&notif_t=group_activity

for those who doesn't have face-book.
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/41/tengux.png/

Last edited by LilyRainEve(TeWe) on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 am

Help for those of us that don't have facebook?
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 am

Sangan searches,Tengu summons,Konami sucks.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:28 am

So in TCG Xyz Materials are on the field while in OCG they are not... great, another arbitary discrepancy to the OCG (and the actual game) the TCG created. I'm proud to be a TCG'er... wait, wait, wait... no, make that "ashamed". If I meet any asian yugioh players I will hang my head and say I'm sorry...
Tour guide into sangan into empty sea serpent, detach sangan for rabbit, search another rabbit, xyz with the first rabbit... yeah, this will not create any differences in the metagame...
meh, case closed.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
So in TCG Xyz Materials are on the field while in OCG they are not... great, another arbitary discrepancy to the OCG (and the actual game) the TCG created. I'm proud to be a TCG'er... wait, wait, wait... no, make that "ashamed". If I meet any asian yugioh players I will hang my head and say I'm sorry...
Tour guide into sangan into empty sea serpent, detach sangan for rabbit, search another rabbit, xyz with the first rabbit... yeah, this will not create any differences in the metagame...
meh, case closed.

lmfao, I know right? My first thought was our game is gonna be so fucking broken. We go by there ban list and our game is gonna have the power of an atomic bomb now...fuck yeah! Gonna be epic arguments on DN.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Tengu and Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengu and Xyz   Tengu and Xyz EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Rescue Rabbit, still no debate for XYZ consistency :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content