World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fantasy like wind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RawrRiceball
WDA Member
WDA Member
RawrRiceball

Waifu : RawrRiceball

Fantasy like wind  Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy like wind    Fantasy like wind  EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 am

I don't know if this is acceptable, but I just want to show my fail writing skills and all. I posted the story on UDA last week so, if you're from there, it's nothing new for you to read ;w; Hope you enjoy it :D By the way, I wrote this on my favorite girl card in the game, Wynn the wind charmer so yeah...

I didn’t really think about fantasy in general. And I meant fantasy like as if it was romantic love. But I also thought the same about Yu-Gi-Oh. For me, it was a card game that people just played competitively or just for fun for nostalgia purposes. Though, I was known as Takuya Sato. It was a coincidence that I even got to attend this Duel Academy. Or how should I say, Ultimate Duel Academy. What made it interesting were the people there. I met friends, and enemies while attending it for a year. I often stop by and cheer on my friends as they duel for fun on this duel stadium and yell out effects like a champ.

As I thought to myself of becoming one of the elite duelists, I began to wonder when would be my time. My time was ticking and I didn’t make any use of it because of how often I slacked lectures and duels. And then there would be times I would misplay, like for this instance.
So I was dueling Turtle, who is known to be one of elite duelist here. I was tempted to beat him, because he often brought out stupid things, such as Gigaplant, Glow up bulb, Chaos Sorcerer, and then synchro summon for this stupid play he has.

“Yeah yeah, you think I’m terrible right? Wrong! Hahahahahaha, you make me laugh. I told you, I can’t sack for life! I suck! Really! “He said, while searching for his synchros.

He brings out his Trishula, which was the most retarded plays ever in my opinion. “Well, too bad Takuya, you’re going to lose! And the whole school will know! “He plays Librarian, Formula Synchron in a move that I can’t focus on. My head started to hurt, but woken up by a huge shock that came off by my stupid Duel Disk.

“N-Nrgggghhh! Damn it Turtle! “Was the last thing I said before I blacked out and fell to the ground. Turtle walked away and laughed. The next thing you know, I am in the clinic room without my disc and my jacket. I was on the bed with my usual awesome shirt that said, “Don’t hate the game, hate the player “and of course my favorite jeans and running shoes that made me feel like I can do anything. A girl with green hair whose bangs roughly touched her cheeks while the back of her hair was split and held by rosettes, to accommodate pigtails. She wore a cape, along with a shirt and skirt.

She had a worried face. “Are you okay? What happened? “
I looked around, wondering where I was. I realized that I was in the clinic. Slowly I said, “Yeah, I’m fine... I lost to a duelist who I can’t even remember. And my head hurts... “I said, rubbing the back of my head with one hand, and getting up to the side of the bed.

“Shouldn’t you rest? Do you still feel pain? “She looked at me, knowing my injuries weren’t scratches. Most of them were bruises. And I feel pain when she poked it. “Owwwww…. “I felt a sting rush past me. Aching, I went back to lay down on the bed and looked at the ceiling. She started to get some Neosporin and band aids so that way it would heal faster. There was no pain, so I just sat there and talked about things.

“I never got to know your name. My name is Takuya Sato. “I said, giving a light smile on my face. Her green eyes were really big and it was starting to wonder if she noticed.

“My name is Wynn Storm. “ She closed her eyes and smiled big at me. “You were down at the stadium, right? “
Trying to recollect my thoughts, I instantly remember fighting a figure that ran a deck that was really cheap. “Yes... and then I got otked. It was terrible, and I tried to push him. He was down by 100 life points. The biggest mistake was trying to use destiny end dragoon on him. “
She was interested of how I used my own deck. I finally got up and started to walk to my duel disk on the table. My deck was inside and I removed it to show her everything. Suddenly, she analyzed and took a look. “Hmm... This is an interesting deck. Would you mind if I play test with you? “I nodded, but quickly said, “Can we duel here? I don’t want to get shocked again. “She laughed and she brought her deck slowly. We managed to play a match, with me easily being beaten by cards I never saw before.

“Hmm... so you run a gusto deck? I never heard these, in my entire time here. “I said, as I’m looking through her deck. “ Yes! They are really fast at synchro summing in my opinion. “She said excitedly. “ I felt that maybe my dueling skills weren’t so great compared to her. Maybe I didn’t use them was the fact I wanted to be efficient without trying them out. I looked at the clock, and it seemed late.

“Wynn, I’m heading back to my dorm... it’s been nice talking to you. I have to go now, and prepare for my test too. “As I began to walk out of the door, she held my wrist and blushed. Stumbling she said, “U-Uhm... do you mind if we can just hang outside of the Academy? I haven’t been assigned to a dorm. “

Agreeing to her was no problem. We walked out to the pier, where lights were shown to illuminate us from the darkness. Neon lights were far ahead as the city across from us was still strong.

Wynn started to shiver and I felt bad for her. So I offered her if I could just give her my jacket. She refused but I asked if she wanted a hug. She nodded, and we gave a quick hug. My cheeks were starting to turn red as my body felt really warm. The cool breeze of a summer’s night came around once every 5 minutes; it made the water splash as waves. Wynn looked at the sky, seeing the many stars up on there. Her face was blank yet she was lost at thought.

“H-Hey... Wynn... “She wouldn’t respond and kept staring. A few moments later after waving at her, she shook her head and apologized.
“I’m sorry Takuya! The stars were really bright out tonight and it was fun to look at all of them. “
I took a quick glance at them, and I saw many patterns of figures I forgot their names. “Hmm... I don’t see them. “
She tilted my head up and showed me with her fingers where each one were. She told me about their constellations... and their story.
I looked at my watch, and it was late. 1:35 in the morning felt like a bad time for me to sleep. I went with Wynn to check the dorm doors... But it was locked.

“What shall we do Wynn? “
She looked around yet she found a tree and pointed there. I thought it was odd that she wanted me to sleep there. I didn’t care really. I felt sleepy and went to the tree and laid my back against the tree. I closed my eyes, thinking about the thoughts of what happened today. Wynn did the same, yet she was near me.

“Good night Wynn. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. “I said opening my eyes, sighing. She shook her head and said, “No no, don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you’re here to spend time with me. And that, I made a new friend! “She gave one last smile, but it was very weak because she seemed tired.
Before closing my eyes, I told her, “Oh... and thank you for helping me. That was kind of you. “

My eyes went down, and everything was dark. While asleep, Wynn looked at her hand, and she knew she was asleep. She was fading. Her hands began to feel pale. She ignored it, and smiled while closing her eyes. Moments later, when Wynn was asleep her head leaned towards Takuya’s shoulder.

The next morning, Takuya woke up and saw that Wynn was on his shoulder. He felt really embarrassed and he realized the time was late morning. He realized it was the weekend so he was free to do whatever he wanted. Wynn woke up, yawning and stood up to stretch.
“Good morning Takuya, what do you want to do today? “ She smiled yet knowing her back ached.

“I don’t know. Would you like to go to the city? “I said, knowing the day could be best enjoyed there. She thought about it and looked to the side. She frantically nodded her head.
“Want to go around and get some ice cream? Maybe we’ll hit up the arcades or so. “

She held my wrist and we went going to the bus to the city. On the way there, she noticed she began to see that her time was starting to run out. We both arrived at the city, many people were walking on sidewalks and busy streets filled with cars came. It was loud and noise was heard from everywhere. The ice cream shop was just down the street, so we just walked quickly because it was hot outside. Of course she and I got the same ice cream, no doubt about it. I was feeling that maybe she took an interest to me. However, I felt strange about it. I just felt really shy about things... and I just wanted to tell me something that I would never say. But I kept my mouth shut.

We went to the arcades and of course, we played at a duel terminal, getting cards and having fun dueling. My favorite duel was when we used a terrible deck and we won by the time limit. We also played air hockey and dance dance revolution, because she seemed to like everything I showed her.
It was sunset, and by the time we went out we went to out the beach. There wasn’t anyone there, yet we stood at the waves and listened to it coming back and forth. The sunset was occurring and I felt like, that I needed to tell her now. My feelings... and I wondered if she liked me back. After all, this was fantasy for me, not able to fall in love. I knew it from the start; I would have easily fallen for her.
I faced her, and I tried to say something. Wynn tilted her head and waited for a response.

“Hmmm? Is there something wrong Takuya? “
“N-No, I just was trying to think... “
My thoughts got to me, and it was hard to say it. I blurted out very quickly my antipated affection, knowing it would be too soon.
“Wynn! I-I-I uhm… just wanted to say, that you are awesome to me, and I just hope we get to spend time like this when UDA isn’t keeping me busy! “
She smiled, and blushed. She went up to Takuya and looked at him.
“Thank you Takuya... but you know, I have to leave soon... It was fun being with you, really. I never had that much fun in my life, and I just wanted to say that. You make me feel special. I’m glad to know you, even knowing that it’s only been a day. But I’m sorry. “She sighed and looked down. “ I’m just a spirit... an imaginative spirit. This will be my only time to live, so I’m sorry if I’m fading. “She shed a tear, and hugged Takuya. “Just don’t be too sad, okay? “

I felt a deep pain, but at the same time I hugged her tightly and I didn’t want to let go. It was true; my feelings for her had gone up. It made all the things you could think about true. But really, I wouldn’t know what fantasy was without her.

She slowly glittered in dust, and left away. It all vanished from me. The thoughts, the feelings, and all of the memories I had with her. I just knew that this one elite duelist named Psycho Turtle had kicked my butt. I noticed I was at the beach, but what for? I headed back to my room, and there was a letter.

“To Takuya,
I know you don’t remember me. You forgotten all about what happened, am I right? By the time you read this letter, you don’t know me. Just remember there was a special person in you. But it is a fantasy to even start with.

- Wynn
PS: I knew you loved me after all. You held it in because you were scared to tell me. But, I love you too. I will be watching over you, from the skies.
After I finished, I was lost in thought over the confusion of fantasy. Was it real? Was it fake? My thoughts of fantasy were nothing more of a mere thought. And so did whoever she was. But Wynn, she was familiar. I can never remember her.

Walking back out to the pier, I sat at the bench and just closed my eyes. I felt a warm embrace come to me, as I heard words whispering, “I’m here for Takuya. You’re not alone. “
Back to top Go down

Fantasy like wind
Page 1 of 1