World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTF is wind-up rabbit?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

WTF is wind-up rabbit? Empty
PostSubject: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:38 pm

As you all know, the Wind-Up archetype (mainspring for you OCG players) are focused around XYZ summoning, and using your deck like a giant TOY BOX you can search through by using their search cards WIND-UP FACTORY and WIND-UP MAGICIAN. One searched from the deck to the field (magician) and the other to your hand. However As you must know by now, wind-ups effects can only be used Once per-turn. Now what if there was a way to recycle or "rewind" your wind-ups to use their effects again? Well their first way was "Wind-Up Zenmaister" but now there's a new kid on the block. WIND-UP RABBIT!

WTF is wind-up rabbit? PHSW-EN083

Basically this card rocks wind-up socks and to be honest is pretty damn broken in retrospect.

Its effect is as follows: "During either players turn, you can banish one face-up "Wind-Up" monster from your side of the field until your next stand-by phase. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field."

Pretty interesting to say the least. So the first combo I saw as soon as I saw this card was, this + factory = Wind-up of my choice every turn + card I draw. HE'S a + 1. Also he cant be warning'd in the stanby phase because its his effect resolving MUAHAHAHA. So basically he's invincible effect wise. Or if not Use magician and this guy, get a monster to your field and XYZ or get a snail/Kitten and bounce. The option with this guy are endless because he gives you the choice of EVERY WIND-UP in your deck! Including himself :P

Also looking ahead to other wind-ups in the next set, Banish Wind-Up Rabbit, and search your Deck for another new Wind-Up from Photon Shockwave: Wind-Up Hunter. Its effect lets you Tribute a Wind-Up to send (not discard) a card from your opponent’s hand. Wait for the Rabbit to come back next turn, and you can Tribute it to make your opponent lose a card from his hand. That triggers the Factory again, getting you another search. You trade Rabbit for a card in your opponent’s hand, but in the mean time, you got 2 searches with Wind-Up Factory for free. All you need to start the combo is Rabbit and Factory +1, and because it say's send, some cards won't activate, like Dark worlds and fabled. Which is awesome :P to quote grapha's text "If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then, if this card was discarded from your hand to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand, then, if it was a monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field."

Also rabbit is a level 3, so he's compatible to make Wind-ups new EXCEED monster, WInd-Up Zenmaines. Who I will give my first impressions on in a livestream later on this week (possibly every thursday evening)

Hope you enjoyed a look at this card, remember its not a review its a first impression :D

Cyn :P
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 am

I like that other overpowered wind up...he special summons one wind-up...kinda OP
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 am

Rabbit got a mention and not this guy?

Wut.
Back to top Go down
xX-Saberboy
WDA Member
WDA Member
xX-Saberboy

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 am

Robo-ky wrote:

Wut.
that card is too good i think is goin to be limted
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Robo-ky wrote:

Wut.

Is he out in the next set?

NO!

I do this for real life.
Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Boulder canyon isn't for real life, it's for online stuff, I mean look at it and how onliny it is, all those url and all those links and all those text appearing on a pc screen, silly roro, it's so obvious

The Cynical Duelist wrote:
Is he out in the next set?

NO!
*Insert random number here* Japanese people got surprised by this statement, true story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wind-up rabbit?   WTF is wind-up rabbit? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF is wind-up rabbit?
Page 1 of 1