World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Banned? Voice your opinions here.

Go down 
+10
Silver
Katarina
Fish
IronicTrout
Al-Bhed
mido9
NinjaKiller
xX-Saberboy
Bakura Normal
PurpleHadoukens
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PurpleHadoukens
WDA Member
WDA Member
PurpleHadoukens

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : The Rescue Rabbit
My

Banned? Voice your opinions here. Empty
PostSubject: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Banned? Voice your opinions here. Downlo10

What cards to you think should be unbanned / be banned? Please give an ACTUALL reason(s) as to why you think that the cards should be unbanned / banned. I'm curious to see what people have to say about this topic.

Last edited by NewPurpleHadoukens on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To improve understanding)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zekonjo
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:03 am

i want fishborg unbanned again xD

mostly because i love that broken card lol, so easy to quasar or synchro spam =P +1 librarian = pluses all mighty
Back to top Go down
PurpleHadoukens
WDA Member
WDA Member
PurpleHadoukens

My

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 am

bakura normal wrote:

mostly because i love that broken card lol, so easy to quasar or synchro spam =P +1 librarian = pluses all mighty

xDD. Wouldn't the easy quasar/syncrho spam be WHY It's banned it's he first place?! Lmfao
Back to top Go down
xX-Saberboy
WDA Member
WDA Member
xX-Saberboy

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:34 am

raigeki should be unbanned that would totally balance the game.
Back to top Go down
NinjaKiller
Everfrost Peak
Everfrost Peak
NinjaKiller

Waifu : NM

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 am

Goyo Guardian because its broken smile
Back to top Go down
PurpleHadoukens
WDA Member
WDA Member
PurpleHadoukens

My

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 am

OK! I Edited the original post, so that people can be a little more concise with they're opinions.
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:24 am

I guarantee you this thread wont end without multiple sigs getting bigger.

And now for the opinion of someone who hasnt been there for DSF,rescue cat,or tele-dad format.

How about tsukuyomi cuz it's too slow nowadays to be relevant even if it IS unlimited book of moons(kinda).

Maybe Tribe infecting virus cuz it's lightning vortex on a body except it wastes your normal summon and is nearly unsearchable except for witch of the black forest,which needs to stay banned anyway.

Not sure ; ~ ;
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:11 am

NewPurpleHadoukens wrote:
bakura normal wrote:

xDD. Wouldn't the easy quasar/syncrho spam be WHY It's banned it's he first place?! Lmfao
I'd like to see you guys summoning Quasar with one Formula (and one Librarian while at it) with fishborg while actually plussing, banning formula was pure Konami paranoia.

I don't usually support banlist discussions since they do tend to get stupid, but I'll go ahead and say tour guide should (it won't though most likely, it's a TCG exclusive, so if I had to make an actual prediction I'd say stays at 3) go at 1, for a very simple reason. Sangan was limited, and while it was limited by Konami Kevin Tewart thought to himself: "What should I do to shit all over Konami's authority... Oh! I know! I'll give them 3 more Sangans on crack!" (But it's ok because konami got him back by putting PoA and Foolish Burial in the extra deck)
It puts sangan practically at 4 in terms of consistency, while ofc stopped by veiler/warning (but warning stopped sangan anyways), and while after banished you still say goodbye to sangan due to it being at 1, while in the grave you just have a way to make your now 2 calls a +1 by chaining. And while it does increase the consistency of an ALREADY LIMITED card, it is also an instant rank 3, while the rank 3 options range from a wall that destroys and a monster that creates a banish toolbox to a clean 3k beater. It's unreasonable, from my point of view, to have in the same format 3 tour guides while we have 1 only sangan, if there is a reason to limit sangan then there is a stronger reason to limit tour guide making it only theme specific.

I can only imagine what was going on between konami america and japan... kevin was asking for sangan to be unlimited and they told him it cant, and then kevin got pissed and put down reasonable arguements to limit PoA so they had to limit it but were still pissed, and then kevin made 3 more sangans to spite them but then they saw that they could do just that so to get back at him they put PoA in the extra deck... scary thing is it's entirelly possible...
Back to top Go down
IronicTrout
WDA Member
WDA Member
IronicTrout

Waifu : IronicTrout

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:36 am

this^. Although tour guide going anywhere is HIGHLY unlikely, it needs to happen. as Al-bhed mentioned it is broken. It literally makes every deck better. Hopefully konami has some sense and makes something to counteract it soon, but we all know that they won't ever....
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 am

Allure of darkness:

- Released TCG feb 13 2008
- Semi limited may 9 2008
- Released OCG 13 september 2008

Argument is invalid.

But that was in tele-dad's derpy days,this format CANNOT be compared to tele-dad as much as i want the searcher that searches the searcher that searches most cards in a synchro deck nowadays semi'd or limited.
Back to top Go down
IronicTrout
WDA Member
WDA Member
IronicTrout

Waifu : IronicTrout

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:02 am

mido9 wrote:
Allure of darkness:

- Released TCG feb 13 2008
- Semi limited may 9 2008
- Released OCG 13 september 2008

Argument is invalid.

But that was in tele-dad's derpy days,this format CANNOT be compared to tele-dad as much as i want the searcher that searches the searcher that searches most cards in a synchro deck nowadays semi'd or limited.

You said it yourself. That was the day of teledad. Nothing will ever be that broken ever again. They literally banned or semi'd almost every card in that deck in the subsequent banlist lol.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 am

Substitoad.
I mean, frog OTK is half common and slightly annoying to duel against: Let's keep Exodia FTK and all that stuff, but kill Substitoad. It's just useful in waaay too many frog decks.

I mean, Lightsworn decks are getting annoying too. Let's ban Ryko and Lyla, that's dealt with that.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:03 pm

I think heavy storm needs a ban...too annoying cuz u cant even set something or it gets destroyed on first turn and ur already -3...they made mst 3 so no need for heavy
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Heavy is good for game anyway,backrow was so insanely exploited last format it was idiotic,set 5 cards,end was stupid with sams,worms and GK everywhere,at least this format i can actually DO anything.

Just the three MST is stupid,MST should be at 1 or two regardless of heavy's position anyway.

Also,reborn tengu completely wrecked last format and is still a crazily broken card even now for being a floating lvl 4 that just stays there for three times. It needs a semi/ban,it needs to have all it's copies burned.

And tourguide.... Where should we start? It's a dark monster,exploitable, it searches on a +1,exploitable, it searches the best searcher in the game,hella exploitable,it goes into instant rank 3 xyzes just for being in your hand,exploitable up to eleven, and it can be used twice a duel,overkill.

It needs to go to 1, along with everything in extreme victory,i was excited for EXVC until the TCG exclusives came into the problem,and now i just think that pack is pure evil from keevin.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Resque bannie is kinda OP too IMO so 1-2 limited
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Rescue rabbit wont be touched for a while.

It's not nearly on the same level as rescue cat,it's not as splashable of an engine as cat,it needs it's own deck unless you're playing sabers or glads.

It's also VERY inconsistent sometimes,if you draw into your normal monsters have fun playing vanilla beatdown against plant synchro or agents,not to mention that if you draw them your rescue rabbits become dead cards.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:06 am

hmm why did the ban Pot of Greed ... its good card .. not broken
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am

Avarice > greed, so i agree
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 am

Princess of Darkness wrote:
Avarice > greed, so i agree

Avarice cant be used off the bat and cant be used at all in macro,DW,or other decks that rely on the graveyard or have no graveyard use so im gonna have to go with the free situationless +1.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:49 am

Whats bad about +1? Stop being negative :O
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:01 am

I'm sure Silver is trolling but just in case I'll explain. Pot of Greed is a conditionless +1 and the dumbest card in the game, that is because you NEVER think about using it, the moment it appears in your hand you play in (ofc unless there is Naturia Beast on the field etc.) and you draw 2, there is 0% strategy involved in the process, draw card, catch a glimpse of green troll, throw it on the field, done.

btw
Greed>Everything in the advanced format
Something in the advanced format>Avarice
Therefore Greed > Avarice

PoA can only be used if you use a graveyard and even if you do use a graveyard you may not want your monsters back, prime example is infernities, but even out of that I dont think you are that enthusiastic to shuffle back your only dark/light monster or unused spore. And it can be dead as hell early game even if you do use graveyard, ask the people who would open 2 PoA last format what curses went through their heads. I dont think they were similar to those who would open 2 pots of greed and started the game with 8 cards.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:06 am

do i have to teach u kids everything? i meant avarice in Synchron/LS decks
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 am

I'm pretty sure they meant LS in most other graveyard based or RFP based decks. That pretty much outnumbers synchron and LS decks.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 am

.. :P everything i say became troll ... e,e
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 am

Let us assume that Pot of Greed and Pot of Avarice were both at 3, when you were making an LS deck first you would put in 3 Pots of Greed (and when I say first I dont mean first spell or first draw card, first 3 cards you would put in the deck would be those) and then if you had the space maybe 1 or 2 pots of avarice. Things with synchron are pretty similar, people wouldn't use 3 pots of avarice that often (unfortunatelly my memory is pretty bad but the closest thing to 3 mained poas I've seen was quasar decks or fabled draw whore or lonefire/librarian spam decks because one lfb would fill all 5 spots for PoA, and still it was debatable, most common would be 2, if anyone remembers a deck where 3 PoAs were auto-include please tell me) but no matter what if Pot of Greed was at 3 you'd play 3 unless there was inner conflict with spells in deck (monster mash/special merchant build) and still you'd consider 1 or 2, or if a format was dominated by naturia beast or something, and still those would be wild and unlikely excuses only not to max it, not leave it out entirelly.

Silver wrote:
.. :P everything i say became troll ... e,e
It's called fallback trolling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned? Voice your opinions here.   Banned? Voice your opinions here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Banned? Voice your opinions here.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next