World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...

Go down 
+11
Nour Force
Fish
Centrik
Rika Furude
EW
J.J. Knight
Reikan
Alibaba
danna45
Unknown
rjuto
15 posters
AuthorMessage
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:22 am

First of all: it's a serious topic, whoever posts a single irrelevant sentence such as "it sucks", "what is that?", "I don't recall we played that", "who cares again?", "can you eat that?", ETC and leaves will get a 10 day ban. If you have something worth saying, go ahead and post, if you don't, don't even bother.

At this point it's awfuly evident that none here cares enough about this game, so there's no point in making any events or trying to bump this place.

I know a lot has been said already, but still, you might want to express your general opinion on the matter first (would be apreciated). If you dont, try answering these questions for now:

1) What keeps you away from Yu-Gi-Oh? (try avoiding the old stupid "broken shit [/answer]" answer, remember I hosted a KP tournament when the format began and none cared).

2) If we happen to rebump the "tiers" section and update it, would you like to participate in tournaments that are restricted to one of them (Kiddy Pool tourney, for example)?
For those who came late, tiers were made as a sort of "Forbidden List". You won't duel, for example, Dragon Rulers, or won't be able to use Dragon Rulers in Kiddy Pool tournaments.

3) Would you like other activities related to Yu-Gi-Oh, that doesn't necessarily involve dueling? If you do, go ahead and list some of them, or name the only one you're interested in, or w/e.

4) We're coming closer to September's banlist. Did you think about the possibility of giving the game another chance once this list is out and, hopefuly, the current format changes?

The more opinions, the more accurate this "poll" will be, so please, try to waste some minutes in this.

That would be all. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rjuto on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:51 am

Erhm. I just learned I was absolutely horrible at this game....
1. I didn't understand zip about the rulings and had no intentions to actually learn them.
2. Can't play any deck correctly.
:/ dish game hard mang.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 am

1. As of late it's kinda boring to play and all. Just not really into card games anymore pretty much :/ Maybe I'm just burnt out on it or something, IDK. I'm fine with discussing some YGO with others(I try to avoid it though), but dueling itself is a pain, so no. The competitiveness and seriousness of the playerbase is also kinda....yeah.

2. Probably not. Reason above explains.

3. Sure, anything goes with me as long as it's not dueling.

4. Maybe, maybe not. Format itself doesn't matter to me too much, but if the game changes drastically I'd try it out.

Now I will pretend I never made this post unless someone wants clarification.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 am

1.well my problem is for a long while i started only dueling people i like dueling and as they quit i just stopped playing really. if people get back into dueling i'll duel if i have time. also i'm slowly losing the free time i have so don't expect too much of me.

2.depends on who joins.

3.CaC comps would be nice, but not too many join them

4.i probably will barely be here in september so i doubt it
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 7:30 am

1.) There are two things that keep me away from YGO TCG. First thing is money--the game is too expensive. Second thing is community--it largely evolved into shit. I can say the same thing for other gaming communities, but just talking YGO specific like DN and IRL. IRL all of the people I knew moved on from YGO and the ones left are too stubborn and prideful to be competitive right now, so its no fun anymore. On that note, the newcomers are pricks. I don't know what else to say. They come in from California and other rich parts with their holo-fied decks and stuffed Monster trade binders that are probably worth at least $2000 and mock the rest of us since we don't have relevant trades. So that's an issue at my locals that I just don't have to deal with.

2) I personally wouldn't mind playing in a casual tournament every now and then.

3) Nothing comes to mind

4) I did and concluded that I'm not that interested in YGO anymore to play even semi-competitively.

I'm on the same boat as Danna only on the different note that I've been playing longer and I'm burned out too. I've moved onto other things--back to playing video games like I used to and spending time with family and friends. Soon I'll have school and work to handle. As far as YGO news and staying in touch with how things are, WDA is literally the only source I want and need. I do appreciate Al's articles and other news links from Konami and Twitch that I put on Feedly. YGO is not a priority for me.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:12 am

1) What keeps you away from Yu-Gi-Oh? (try avoiding the old stupid "broken shit [/answer]" answer, remember I hosted a KP tournament when the format began and none cared).

A: The game itself keeps me away from the game. I've been playing since it came out in America. And I loved it. However, the game, to me, 'sold out'. Yu-Gi-Oh no longer feels like Yu-Gi-Oh, but rather, just a money pit you throw your hard earned cash at, just so they can make a buck. I simply cannot afford to build a deck in real life, and compete with it. Which is why I would rather play Pokemon; all I need is $40, and boom; there's my game. I can play it by myself or with friends. With Yu-Gi-Oh, I have to play with someone else. Which is the other problem; the community are largely children that don't know how to properly play, or assholes that cling onto the game. I don't have hundreds of dollars to drop on paper to be good at a game; I'd rather spend the $40 and have everything I need to get what I wanted to begin with: fun. Yu-Gi-Oh is not fun for me anymore. It's an irritation. To me, it seems to cater to people that just want to win as quickly as possible and not enjoy a 20 round game like it was intended to in the beginning.

2) If we happen to rebump the "tiers" section and update it, would you like to participate in tournaments that are restricted to one of them (Kiddy Pool tourney, for example)?
For those who came late, tiers were made as a sort of "Forbidden List". You won't duel, for example, Dragon Rulers, or won't be able to use Dragon Rulers in Kiddy Pool tournaments.

A: No. There's absolutely nothing that could be done to make me interested in the game anymore. Other than being horribly behind on the game in terms of archtypes, but I am rusty, as well as having zero interest in playing Yu-Gi-Oh other than a 'once in a while' thing. I've been trying out the new BEWD cards, the very cards I started playing when the game came out, and sadly, even those cards are not reviving the love I have for the game. Pokemon revived itself for me when I played Platinum after a two year absence from the game. I'd rather see more Pokemon tournaments.

3) Would you like other activities related to Yu-Gi-Oh, that doesn't necessarily involve dueling? If you do, go ahead and list some of them, or name the only one you're interested in, or w/e.

A: I wouldn't mind, but at the same time, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't mind reading some articles on the game if they are well written, but overall, my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh is nearly non-existent. My current interest lie in Pokemon. I'd much prefer if WDA broadened it's scope into other gaming aspects rather than lingering on Yu-Gi-Oh.

4) We're coming closer to September's banlist. Did you think about the possibility of giving the game another chance once this list is out and, hopefuly, the current format changes?

A: I have to say no. No matter what the Banlist is, I don't see any card being available or removed that could save the game for me. The only card that I wouldn't mind seeing is Chaos Emperor Dragon, and there's no chance that's being removed. I wouldn't mind playing with cards from the first sets to the pack that Emperor Dragon was introduced in, but after that? There's nothing pulling me back into the game. BEWD peaked my interest, but that has died away. The banlist won't do anything to bring me back.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:05 pm

A: I just no longer find the game enjoyable, for multiple reasons. The first is I am no longer as competitive as I once used to be, and the fact I find the game ridiculously money orientated makes me enjoy it far less than other CCGs, like Pokemon and Cardfight, which I play pretty casually just for fun, I mean, there is very little point in playing this game competitively when it basically comes down to who gets their durr card and hits the fuck you button first. Ridiculous degeneracy all around, in both marketing, card design and even the damn playerbase. This playerbase is terrible. Well, several people in it are. Like the annoying rich kids who come to locals and insult everyone for being "bad" and that they're "pro", like I give a fucking shit, you have an overinflated ego about a card game for children, big accomplishment there asswad. Bet your parents are real proud. Overall it feels like YGO has become less of a game of skill and more of a pay to win, like a terrible Facebook game.

A: Well, I don't really care about this game at all. Like, at all, with one exception. If we're doing "Way Back Machine" tournements, like TeleDaD, Goat Control, Perfect Circle, Airblade, that type of stuff, I would participate simply for enjoying the game back in 2006-2007. But modern day formats? No thanks.

A: Create-A-Card contests are the only thing I would participate in, truthfully.

A:No. I know that YGO has cycles. March is littered with asinine card design and dumb shit all over the place, and then in an attempt to pull players back in, September puts the brakes on things and tries to slow things down. When I feel I'm being used by Konami as a means to sell product when the game slows down only to have it ramp up to absolute lunacy again in the short space of about 6 months frustrates me to no end. It's moneywhoring and I hate it. I'm aware Konami are a business, but please control your fucking power creep, the way it's going, the game will be killed by it.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:35 pm

nothin keep me away from yugioh i think im the greatest duelist of all time. I just dont bother duelin unless its in a tourney or if im testing a new deck
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Achievement Points : 11
Waifu : Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:55 pm

A: I kept away because the only thing I do is raising my stats in DN. Of course, I kept using Swarms, Constellars, Fists, Tidalantean,...and I knew that I wasn't really creative and then I started having heavy losing streaks. Before I knew that, I was no longer enjoy YGO instead of that I just raised my stats like f*ck. Well now I realized that stats won't go anywhere but cooler avatars and card sleeves. Those are useless.

A: Well I had no problem battling with tier 1 or others therefore I could participate in any tournaments that was then held.

3) Would you like other activities related to Yu-Gi-Oh, that doesn't necessarily involve dueling? If you do, go ahead and list some of them, or name the only one you're interested in, or w/e.\

A: Well I don't know any activities like that O_o Like deck building contest or something like that? Well then the answer is no because I'm just too lazy.

A: I have no problem with banlists as I said in the answer of the first question. The only thing I hate in YGO is myself. I fell into the darkest corner of YGO then as I can say.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Heh heh heh! You people and your children's card games.

Brb, LoL game is starting.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Q1: What keeps you away from Yu-Gi-Oh? (try avoiding the old stupid "broken shit [/answer]" answer, remember I hosted a KP tournament when the format began and none cared).

A: I got bored of it (And no, not just because I use one deck). That's my only answer x: I might play it again sooner or later.

Q2: Would you like other activities related to Yu-Gi-Oh, that doesn't necessarily involve dueling? If you do, go ahead and list some of them, or name the only one you're interested in, or w/e.

A: As Alibaka stated, CaCs are nice but not a lot of people join.

Yes, I skipped two questions because I had no answer for them, I just got bored. I never really payed attention to things like tiers or how broken the game is, I just randomly played.
Why am I posting?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 am

1) What keeps you away from Yu-Gi-Oh?

If you're refraining from playing Yu-Gi-Oh! just because of a format, you're nothing but a pussy, 'nuff said. The point is to keep the game fresh, so that said deck doesn't dominate for all of eternity.

I wouldn't say that the game is mainly responsible, it's just that ever since I upgraded my PC to run newer video-games and ever since I got a new Xbox 360 and I've been more focused on those than on Yu-Gi-Oh! itself. RPGs, shooters, platformers, and hack 'n slash games sound more interesting to me than a card game.

Also, a lot of people lost interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! here. I don't like dueling people randomly in general, I prefer having fun with my friends instead, which is also why I was no longer interested. Even when I tried to get back in, I had missed out on a lot, and I wasn't willing to start from scratch again with what little time I had due to stress from school and now college.

I suppose I could. If I don't have to do any serious changes to my decks, and it's a tournament just for fun, then sure, I wouldn't mind. Then again, if I get caught up with stuff in real life, I might not eventually.

3) Would you like other activities related to Yu-Gi-Oh!, that doesn't necessarily involve dueling?

Well, we still do have the RP which we are working on (and which I keep procrastinating, my bad), but I'm not sure if we have enough members who would be interested in joining. We tried allowing others to use other games for duels that aren't part of the storyline tournament, which could also be avoided by people who simply aren't interested in it. I'll admit, it's not that encouraging for Yu-Gi-Oh!

I already said that the metagame isn't what made me stop from playing. It would however give me an incentive to give it another shot since all I could do is keep up with the current meta, but I would want to make my own original decks.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:34 am

i quit yugioh bcuz of heavy storm
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Katarina wrote:
i quit yugioh bcuz of heavy storm

And Morphing Jar.
Back to top Go down
D.D. Eatos
WDA Member
WDA Member
D.D. Eatos

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! ! ! ! Fabled Asian

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm

I still play Yu-Gi-Oh, mostly because I grew up playing it, and I have fun playing with friends. if I had no friends playing Yu-Gi-Oh! then I probably wouldve quit a long time ago. I really don't care about meta or tier lists (thats just everyone's agreed opinion), people complain about them, because humans love complaining about everything. My major hate for the game comes from the people, there is a huge amount of jerks on DN which just kills the fun for everyone whether it be rulesharking or "no redo's" or whatever, there is a minority of respectable people. Complaining about meta is like beating a dead horse; Yu-Gi-Oh! is an unbalanced game and the people say they hate meta, will play those decks when they are outclassed (bunch of hypocrites).Banlist make me sad, because when i find a deck I love, but its becomes a vegetable after the banlist, then Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... 3308925580 . Thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kaiza
WDA Member
WDA Member
kaiza

Waifu : Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:00 am

Since I am probably the one with the most gripe about the game, I should post here. I had some time to think about it, and here are my answers

1) The truth of it all, it now seems like a redundant, painful and repetitive process. You go, you make a deck, and you make ti work to the best you can. It does well, and you're happy. Then the banlist comes, and makes your deck into a pile of mush that may not even be able to form a deck anymore. Your options are to stick with the deck and hope to God that Konami brings some help (which it often wont) or be like others, abandon it, and make the next best thing, only for the same to happen to it as well. If its online only, the 2nd method is of no consequence if you didn't like the deck that much, but if its in real, both results are awful. Maybe if the banlist was aimed at balancing decks as best as it can instead of outright killing decks so that newer decks have no competition from it, maybe then it'd be acceptable, but it doesn't work that way, and has become nothing but a revenue tool, which further makes the game painful to play or accept, even more so with the short print and rarity bump tactics that may be employed in the future

2) Honestly, I dont want tiers, but maybe a new banlist that actually does what the banlist is meant to do, control and balance decks. I know its impossible to make every deck equal, but do you honestly have to make a gap in tiers so huge that tier one is the only thing that matters and tier 2 is practically non existant? DN had a custom banlit tournament and it worked out well, it'll be nice to have the same

3) Other than fan fiction? no.

4) Maybe if the format changes, I could try and play, but as it currently stands, I don't see it. Its been stated that dragon rulers require too many hits to be stopped in 1 format, meaning next format it'll at least be tier 1 again. The only decks that will suffer is mermails and probably prophecy, and from the hits being called for, Prophecy will suffer badly and unfairly. The way it looks, the format for September wont be any better than March, unless Prophecy and mermails go, which would make it worse than March, and with March 2014 afterm if September 2013 is close to a 1 sided mess as March 2013, then I would have no reason to play any further at all

Overall, the game has become an awful, expensive chore rather than something fun, and the only thing keeping me playing are my friends and the fact i still have decks to finish. If September 2013 is an awful mess as well, I will not play, not even in September 2014. The game is getting more and more broken as time goes along, eventually it'll collapse on itself, and when it does, I dont know if I want to be around
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:01 pm

@Kaiza: I think you got the wrong kind of "tiers" in mind. Rjuto was talking about WDA's custom tiers, which filter out decks to the staff's liking. Its a great concept and it works well. Only problem is is that its not used very much because of the lack of tournaments. Why? Because nobody plays that often anymore here at WDA.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...   Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh. Opinions...
Page 1 of 1