World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Triforce Tournament

Go down 
+7
Ladd Russo
RD
Unknown
DigiDigi
dew
Joker
Al-Bhed
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

The Triforce Tournament Empty
PostSubject: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 am

Advanced format of course
All cards on DN may be used, but aknowledge that if you choose to use unreleased cards, you are at the judge's mercy. I'd advise you not to use cards if you don't know how they work while there are not rulings on them to avoid issues.

Basic rules
1. Each player in the main lineup has 2 lives,
if you lose a match you lose 1 life (similar to HPX)
2. You may challenge any player from the main lineup of any of the other 2 dorm teams once the tournament starts.
3. You may substitute players and they carry on with the number of lives of the player they were substituted for
4. You may not change decks after winning a match
5. You may change decks after losing a match
6. A player that has lost a match may not be subbed in for a player with 2 lives
7. If you or your opponent has to go during a duel that is already in progress neither player may challenge anyone else until they finish their pending match.
8. You may refuse a challenge with a proper justification, however you absolutely may not stall.

3-way rules
1. If no player of the team has dueled for 48 hours one player from the team will lose one life
2. The order the above happens is preditermined and secret from the team. The order will be given to one member of each team for confirmation. They may not reveal that information. Those people are:
Al-Bhed from BC (I am already in BC team so considering I have seen the list giving it to a second person would be unfair)
Dew from EP
DigiDigi from LL
I count on you to not disclose the information you will receive to your teammates, you receive the list only for confirmation after the life has been removed and no other reason.
The lists were made using http://www.random.org
If either team does not trust a list made by an opposing member to be truly random generated they may propose it to be re-done by someone else if as a dorm they reach that consensus, I will not take offense to that.

The above rules are there to ensure a team will not abuse the nature of the format by letting the other 2 teams lose lives first.

Teams

Boulder Canyon
Boulder Canyon Team

1. Vaati
2. Rjuto (1)
3. Al-Bhed (1)
4. Legendary Frost

Subs
5. The Joker
6. Bakura Normal

BC Time: 7*24 hours

Everfrost Peak
1. Kiryu111 (1)
2. RagingDarkness (1)
3. Dew (1)
4. Eco_Junkie (1)

Subs
5. TheMole
6. Dr.Chuckles (L)

EP time: 7*24 hours

Lava Lagoon
Lava Lagoon Platoon

1. xX-SaberBoy (1)
2. DigiDigi (1)
3. Fish (1)
4. Darkness Evil (1)

Subs:

5. LaddRusso
6. psychoturtle

LL time: I dont even know anymore, around -6 days

The above times were taken at: Feb 18, Mon, 21.00

Records
Al-Bhed vs xX-Saberboy -> 2-0
Kiryu111 vs Darkness Evil -> 2-1
Ladd Russo vs Raging Darkness -> 2-0
LegendaryFrost vs dew -> 2-0
xX-Saberboy -> Loses life to 48h rule
Al-Bhed vs Eco_Junkie -> 2-0
dew vs Fish -> 2-0
Al-Bhed vs Kiryu111 -> 2-1
DigiDigi vs Al-Bhed -> 2-1
Al-Bhed vs DigiDigi -> 2-0
Al-Bhed vs DigiDigi -> 2-0
Al-Bhed vs dew -> 2-0
Al-Bhed vs Fish -> 2-1
rjuto vs Dr. Chuckles -> 2-1
Darkness Evil vs Al-Bhed -> 2-0
RagingDarkness -> Loses life to 48 hour rule
Kiryu111 vs rjuto -> 2-0
rjuto vs Kiryu111 -> 2-0
LegendaryFrost vs Darkness Evil -> 2-1

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 am; edited 39 times in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:00 am

I need a representative of each team to post their agreement on the above rules. To not have teams left behind on the 48 hour rule the tournament will start on a date that will be announced beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 am

BC Agrees to the above rules.

(even though you are from BC, I thought it would be fair to have another member agree to it)
Back to top Go down
dew
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
dew

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : dew

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Wazz up ppl yea me personaly agree to all rulz but I would like to suggest a deck rule.NO FTK,OTK,Burn,Stall,Mill and Exodea decks as there are really no skill in those decks.Sorry I should of asked for this way back when tournament was getting started.
Kea Kaha
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry, but I am against deckbans entirelly.
1. The "no skill" arguement is actually invalid, give deckout, burn or exodia to a newbie and you will see they will fail due to their own misplays, they are actually quite delicate decks.
2. The top tier decks are much stronger than those so there is no point, wind-up always beats them, go in with karakuri for example and you beat most of them.
3. Will never ban OTK no matter what since any aggressive deck can OTK, the definition is far too wide and hinders gameplay.
4. If you ban burn, deckout and instant win there is no point to ban FTK as well since there is no other way to FTK in yugioh.
5. Even if someone does use these decks, due to the "no deck change" rule they are practically commiting yugioh suicide, since once their decks are not known they have a chance to beat the opponent, but once they are known they have a 100% chance of losing since there are horrible matchups for them in the top tier. If anyone wants to use them, fine by me, don't complain when wind-ups leave you unable to play though.

Just to mention, since I have been against deckbans in WDA since the beggining to keep a pure gameplay, if the deckbans were there from the get-go I would have not entered the tournament at all since that would violate the point of the advanced format.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:57 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
Sorry, but I am against deckbans entirelly.
1. The "no skill" arguement is actually invalid, give deckout, burn or exodia to a newbie and you will see they will fail due to their own misplays, they are actually quite delicate decks.
2. The top tier decks are much stronger than those so there is no point, wind-up always beats them, go in with karakuri for example and you beat most of them.
3. Will never ban OTK no matter what since any aggressive deck can OTK, the definition is far too wide and hinders gameplay.
4. If you ban burn, deckout and instant win there is no point to ban FTK as well since there is no other way to FTK in yugioh.
5. Even if someone does use these decks, due to the "no deck change" rule they are practically commiting yugioh suicide, since once their decks are not known they have a chance to beat the opponent, but once they are known they have a 100% chance of losing since there are horrible matchups for them in the top tier. If anyone wants to use them, fine by me, don't complain when wind-ups leave you unable to play though.

Just to mention, since I have been against deckbans in WDA since the beggining to keep a pure gameplay, if the deckbans were there from the get-go I would have not entered the tournament at all since that would violate the point of the advanced format.

With this, LL accepts these rules and terms.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 am

Well Al-Bhed gave enough reason to counter Dew's statement. So I believe that all of EP's team is okay with these rules. Let's get the tournament started! :KK:
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 am

It starts on Tuesday, 12.00 noon WDA time

WARNING: If you have issues with your team, bring them to your team, not here. If you spam here you will be strike'd.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Making a sub

RD > out
Eco> in

RD 1 life carry over.
Back to top Go down
Ladd Russo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ladd Russo

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Ladd Russo

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

ladd vs RD 2-0
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Raging Darkness wrote:
Making a sub

RD > out
Eco> in

RD 1 life carry over.

Al-Bhed wrote:
6. A player that has lost a match may not be subbed in for a player with 2 lives

@Ladd Russo: wrong place to post that. Post it in Duel Arena.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:05 pm

DigiDigi wrote:
Raging Darkness wrote:
Making a sub

RD > out
Eco> in

RD 1 life carry over.

Al-Bhed wrote:

Al-Bhed wrote:
3. You may substitute players and they carry on with the number of lives of the player they were substituted for

I know the rule Digi. AND I'm leaving for a bit
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t2854-so-anyone-is-concerns#28799

So don't try and say i'm breaking any rules i also said "RD 1 life carry over."
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Digi, it's about being subbed in, not subbed out, don't get confused. RD lost a life and subbed himself out, now eco carries on with 1 life. What they cannot do is sub RD back in for someone who still has 2 lives. Remember that lives are not held by the player but by the spot, Eco did not have lives while being out of the main lineup.

Matches and times updated

RD, don't forget to notify your teammates of what Ladd Russo used
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:43 am

LL has not dueled for 48 hours and therefore loses a life. Saberboy at spot 1 lost a life by the random list made before the tournament and is now out since he already had a loss. Dew and Digi can confirm the validity of this.

The timer is reset at 48 for LL at the time LL hit 48 hours the first time and lost a life. Now it is at a bit over 30 hours
Back to top Go down
xX-Saberboy
WDA Member
WDA Member
xX-Saberboy

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
LL has not dueled for 48 hours and therefore loses a life. Saberboy at spot 1 lost a life by the random list made before the tournament and is now out since he already had a loss. Dew and Digi can confirm the validity of this.

The timer is reset at 48 for LL at the time LL hit 48 hours the first time and lost a life. Now it is at a bit over 30 hours

yep totally fair...
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 am

xX-SaberBoy wrote:
yep totally fair...
I know, right? Following the actual rules of a tournament is the pinnacle of cheating if you ask me.

Last LL match: http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t2855-ladd-russo-vs-rd-triforce
January 26, 4 a.m.
Tournament rules wrote:
3-way rules
1. If no player of the team has dueled for 48 hours one player from the team will lose one life
Any 1 Lava member could have dueled instead of letting EP and BC do all the dueling and life losing and risking and stuff but that's too much to ask I guess.

Just to make this clear in case people don't get it already. Because there are 3 teams here, if you stay out of the dueling, that means the 2 other teams are going to do all the dueling. Because out of the dueling there is always someone that loses it means that whenever a match is done a player loses a life. So if you let the other 2 teams do all the playing you are at an extremely advantageous position since you are the only one that has no risk to lose a life while 1 opponent, from either team, every time loses a life, and when they are done you go in for the sweep with 4 times more lives than them or something. That's why that rule exists.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 am

LL, do 1 match, you have a bit over an hour before the deadline is up. If you do not have active members make a sub. Just be fast.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 am

I'll sub in for Ladd Russo and will challenge anybody.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm

And by the time I arrived digi is out and no match has been done... ANYWAYS, since people are going to whine again if LL loses another life to the pre-established rules that should have been followed, I'm going to do something about it. Timer stops at 0 hours for LL and whatever it was for the other 2 teams. The timer will restart after an LL member has completed a match for the tour. That means that until then an EP vs BC match will be invalid since the tournament is on pause until LL does what it is supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 am

Since LL did a match I am restarting the clock in 15 minutes from now.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

1. As the TO I'd like to remind you of the time limit. Now it is 23.00 GMT and EP has 16.30 hours left. That means that unless in the little time that dew comes here he manages to find an opponent and get a game, and considering both other players in the main lineup are in europe, by 8.00 am GMT, which means by morning because you can only play yugioh so late at night, EP will have only 7.30 hours left till the deadline, which means they lose a life at around noon, and let me tell you, you still have a shot at this unless you get hit by the deadline now. So make sure to get yourselves a match.

2. This one is as a BC player and has no authority from TO. I've been stalking WDA but did not manage to get a match... just try and get your players here before we start losing players to the deadlines. And mole has not completed a single match and has not appeared either today and yesterday it was for a very short time so it was impossible to play. Similar complaints are done for the New Year's tournament, so if mole cannot be reached consider making the sub if chuckles is more active for games.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 am

EP, I got news that kiryu cannot duel till sunday and mole is nowhere to be found as always, I suggest you confirm it and do something about it before the deadline hits.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 am

Well....Chuckles your in for Mole and Raging your in for Kiryu (He has one life). I'm sure RD won't have any objections against this. Now people, hurry and duel! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 am

confirm whether kiryu can do his duel. He alone can keep you in for winning this assuming de does good against BC as well, so don't murder your team over that, plan more. Just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 am

Well Chuckles dueled here: http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t2919-rjuto-vs-chuckles-triforce#29391 so....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Triforce Tournament   The Triforce Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

The Triforce Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next