World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

decks

Go down 
+2
Nour Force
Katarina
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

decks Empty
PostSubject: decks   decks EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

I been wondering; what makes a deck good? Some special summon cards..add some staples and you'll be fine? One thing i know is, since im using flamvell firedog/magician and summoner monk i've been doing loads better so every deck i started making begins with those 8( 3 3 2) do any of you guys know how to be a better deck builder? Pls post your suggestion here so everyone can learn from it smile
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Princess of Darkness wrote:
what makes a deck good?
It depends on the deck. You can't ask if the yellow skirt looks good with the shirt if.. You wear the same skirt each day and... Err... You can't... It depends on the deck, okay?! I am clearly terrible at examples!

do any of you guys know how to be a better deck builder?
Experience, and thinking about your strategy, I guess. I mean, let's say your making a Fabled deck. Why run Fabled Urustos when it's just a terrible attack booster that doesn't help the theme? Why run Ceruli (Or whats his face) in Dark worlds? Why run... So slowly when wild dogs are chasing you?! I STINK AT EXAMPLES I GIVE UP ._.
-
Mido says I'm getting better at deck building c:
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 am

99nour wrote:
You can't ask if the yellow skirt looks good with the shirt if.. You wear the same skirt each day
wat the ....
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 am

There must be a secret to deck building
Back to top Go down
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Darkmega500

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:31 am

Well Nour does have a point. It does depend on a deck. Staples are also important. The thing is you just can't add cards too a deck if it works for a different deck. You don't see people running something Like Ultimate Axon Kicker or Gusto Gulldos in let's say a fabled deck do you? I believe Al has a deck building guide.

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t95-deckbuilding-part-1-basic-deckbuilding

If you haven't read it yet I suggest you should. It could help. And remember, every deck is different. There are different combinations and strategies for each one. Hope I helped ^^
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 am

Everyone helps, but my style is instant Xyzing/synchroing..like flamvell firedog, summoner monk & goblindbergh
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am

Solid deck building is beyond most of the people here. Karin you are no exception. When you deck build, you normally have a core engine that you use. For example, an Inzektor engine is 3 dragonfly, 3 hornet, and 3 centipede. A wind-up engine is 3 rat, 1-2 hunter, and usually sharks/rabbits/whatever you tech to go into the loop. Heros are 1 stratos, 3 alius, 2-3 blast, 3 spark. All decks have an engine that is the focal point of the deck. Beyond that, you add key support cards to either strengthen the engine, attempt to shut down the opponent, counter the meta, et cetera.

People tend to screw decks up when they add personal choices that either have no place in the deck, or by trying to be unique. Your deck doesn't need to be unique if it means it isn't effective. For example. You don't throw POA into a lightsworn deck. You don't need celtic guardian in your six sams. You can also screw up decks by adding cards that don't flow together. For example, you don't put wangu in a deck with a bunch of weak monsters you need to normal summon. Dandylion is pretty damn silly in a macro deck. Gorz doesn't work well in infernity, macro, or bubble hero. Think about it.

Another thing people can do wrong is adding to many engines into a deck. Most decks use only 1-2. Some decks can work off 3 but not every deck can do that. Overloading decks at the cost of key cards is stupid.

More than anything, most people in this academy fail because they don't listen to the advice of their peers. When you tech your Goldd, your t.g. falcon, or other key cards in either for the hell of it or for whatever half baked idea you had, you'll find your fellow wda members screaming for you not too. Most of you ignore that, say they aren't pro enough to use the cards and stroll out like a champ when you really look like a stubborn lil jackass that has no idea what he is doing.

I've found that their is no cure for this. So....netdeck a good deck and leave it the hell alone.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 am

Darkmega500 wrote:
You don't see people running something Like Ultimate Axon Kicker or Gusto Gulldos in let's say a fabled deck do you?
You stole my example.
There must be a secret to deck building
There's no secret to deck building. Personally here's what I find important in deckbuilding;
-Number of Cards
For consistency...

-Strategy and Techniques
Think about what your going to add. Think about iiiiitttt!!! How would it help you in duels? I know! How about
Spoiler:
Maybe even a little bit of creativity. For example, run... Fabled Soulkus in Infernity. Just an example.

And also, I refuse to read Al's tower of text.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:48 am

Well i made a new deck and people said i netdecker it..if i just made it out of blue..that makes me sick cuz i will never netdeck
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 am

Well i made a new deck and people said i netdecker it..if i just made it out of blue..that makes me sick cuz i will never netdeck

You're missing out then. I'm a professional netdecker. Also, I don't build decks on my own. I always make one of my AX or SA teammates help me. I'm a nub like that though. You can tell because my decks suck and I suck.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : LegendaryFrost

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:34 am

Minako was right...in the other post, not the one where he says he sucks. You do need a core when making a deck, that and a basic idea for what you wanna do with it. On the other hand, you situation calls for decks that require instant extra deck summons. So far with flamvells your doing ok, but for what your looking for, search for cards that say, "When this card is normal summoned, special summon..." Or something along the lines of that. Keep in mind that most decks like that aren't the best and if not played well can make you lose very fast(like using goblindebergh or w.e the name is and summoning summoner monk, then going into random level 4. True u got 3 monsters, but u lost 3 cards from your hand in the process and if your opponent has the right set-up they can break it down and leave you with nothing.) Also, netdecking isn't so bad, just don't copy card for card. You can look at a deck to get an idea for your own, or even look at it, make one, and modify it to fit what you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks   decks Empty

Back to top Go down

decks
Page 1 of 1