World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hieratic Deck

Go down 
+2
akaFila
Leceo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leceo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leceo

Achievement Points : 0

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Monsters:18
2x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
3x Hieratic Dragon of Eset
3x Hieratic Dragon of Su
3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2x Wattaildragon
2x CardCar D
2x Effect Veiler
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Spells:16
2x Pot of Duality
3x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind Control
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Draconnection
1x Smashing Ground

Traps:7
1xTorrential Tribute
1x Solemn
1x Starlight Road
2x Solemn Warning
2x Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra:15
3x Hieratic Dragon of Atum
2x Photon Strike Bounzer
2x Numer 39: Utopia
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray
3x Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
2x Gustaph Man, the Super-Dreadnought Railway Gun
2x Stardust Dragon

This deck works extremely well, as do all hieratics. But this deck just seems to be a little above the rest for a lot of people who dont search through cards. Give me thoughts, opinions, and fixes.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Rather than running 2x Wattail for your normals, you should consider using a single Wattail and another Normal Lv 6. The reason for this being the threat of being Chained.
On another note, I'd say Card Car D should be brought up to 3.

Spells and Traps look good.

In the extra, without level 4's in your main, I suggest switching out an Utopia for another Rank 6 option; such as Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:35 am

In my experience w/ the deck, duality, card car d, and dracconnection all become dead cards by the time you get your combos going. Card Car D should be put 3 if you are not confident enough with the sheer amount of search and deck thinning the deck itself does. Dracconnection is just a terrible card (-1 and more than likely you'll have any 1 Hieratic in hand that could possibly start a Atum loop.) Duality is really for preference and the regional format you have to adapt to. O live in the SouthWest region of the US, where aggressive play in conjunction with heavy backfield is a common sight. So for me to go anywhere at my locals, I am forced to use up to 2 Night Beams, up to 2 MST, a heavy, and up to 2 decrees also up to two lances. It may seem overkill, but you'd be suprised at how many traps the average Inzektor player over here runs.

As for your rank 4 situation, use up to 2 Gebebeb and 1 Alexandrite. As for youd othet lv 6 vanilla, Luster Dragon#2. You could also throw in 1 seal for a Heliotrope play. Now that I think about it you're using DN as your primary competition place, so for rank 4 you should use Lavalal Chain,or Daigusto Emeral, or Maestroke Djiin and Utopia (for IRL), also Pearl is an excellent choice as well.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:28 am

As fun as theorizing is, Hieratics are an established deck in the OCG. Sure, you have some other unexplored potential options in the TCG and the metagame is kinda different, however you are obviously not going for that nor are you experimenting.

It's an OTK deck which means you want your combo pieces fast, you don't care about what's dead late game because OTK decks don't have late game. At the same time that means you don't care about control, since you don't try for that, you only need to stay alive long enough for you to win, so enough to disrupt a couple of plays from your opponent. So yes, 3 dualities, yes, 3 cardcar ds, yes as many as possible of the cards you can use (meaning you either max your tefnuit, su, eset and nebthet, yes even that, or come close to maxing them).

Here are some example builds (all from May tournaments) to show it's pretty much established
2nd Kwanoie Championship:

Kumamoto Ranking:

Card King Championship Okayama - Senda Cup:

1st Fukuyama Championship:

Legend Championship 2012:

Kobe Championship 2012 - Harunojin 1:

Chuo Cup:

See a patern? A lot of spell and trap hate, enough control to keep the opponent from killing you for 2-3 turns, get your OTK pieces asap, go for game.
Draconnection is useless since your same level dragons are more or less equally important or at least most combinations of them are able to pull the same play, you'd rather have most combinations of them than taking the -1 of it every time. Pot of avarice is a card you'll get to use only after the game is over, or if the game is not over, the very fact you have a chance to use it (or need to use it) means you failed already, therefore most likely you'd lose against any decent deck anyways. Smashing Ground, Mind Control and Starlight Road are cards meant for a control game meant to take a longer time and that's not the game you are playing.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm

The only reason I said what I said was on behalf o
of the TCG format globally. They don't have the leisure of utilizing rank 10's yet, which is a much needed necessity for the entire Hieratic OTK. It really does make a difference when you can overlay those REDMDs. In substitute of this, we have Photon Bouncer (idk if its a TCG exclusive or not) but he really does put balance in the current top tier along with a tech'd Ashes to use as fodder, deck thinning, set up and potential +1.
Back to top Go down
Nuran
WDA Member
WDA Member
Nuran

Waifu : (DX)Nuran

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:41 pm

-3 Dracconection
+2 Tradg
+1 Royal Decree

its better and you can summon out gustaph with it too and with royal out u can lock those traps and otk them to death
Back to top Go down
Leceo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leceo

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I was to lazy to make a list since its late at night but here is what I did.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:19 am

Erm,if your going to have Royal Decree,then why the Gorz?
Back to top Go down
Leceo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leceo

Hieratic Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hieratic Deck   Hieratic Deck EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:45 am

Another update I made.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content