World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)

Go down 
+18
Lupe
Neku Sakuraba
Kimo Force
Legendaryfrost
EvilMegaCookie
Bakura Normal
Silver
dew
Fish
Unforgiven Pretender
Supasmash
psychoturtle
AsianShadow
Destined777
Gusto Emissary
Joker
Sherlock Holmes
DigiDigi
22 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) Empty
PostSubject: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 am

It is summer time and this is a gold mine for an activity boom. Al and myself have been working our asses off all year for you guys to prepare this place for said activity boom. Prepping is always a given and we have come very far this past school year. We're about to enter another great chapter in the TWA story, like all great books, they must come to an end. We can prolong this end however with the community that we have all created together and evolve some more with a bigger crowd to welcome into our home that we've created over the 3 years. I, myself, have been apart of this community for almost an entire year. I have grown very attached to this place and I've invested my time and efforts into this place to the point where it has became an obsession.

We are all becoming very aware of the inactivity that has been looming right at our faces for this entire school year. Despite this daunting fact, we remain and hold tight to this place we call "home" and we survived the school year. If we want to survive summer as well, we need to know who is still willing to give their all to the community. Al and myself discuss and make events just so you guys can participate in them and indulge yourselves. You have proven to us countless of times that stalling an event is as easy as counting to ten. You dodge duels, you do not take the time or effort to schedule times with your opponents, and the event holders have to constantly harass you on large scaled events such as the Triforce Tour and the New System Tournament. This is an objective viewpoint and there is no excuse for not being interested in these events if you sign up for them yourselves.

Thirdly, we have set up for you a unique Achivement/Ranking system for you guys to indulge yourselves in and Al has been on top of updating the achievements, giving you guys no excuse to say there is nothing to do here. There has been a topic, a global poll, that I posted and left hanging for months. If you have lost interest in this new system then you could have stated your opinion and suggestions in that topic, or better yet right now. In my opinion, it is very flexible and far more easy to manage than the old traditional systems that countless of other academies have.

In other news, Minako has stepped down from his administration position and has handed the founder account over to Al and myself. Frost has confirmed his dedication to the place and will see things through as well. Fish, Vaati and Rjuto are all busy with IRL events and will be around as well.

Again, I need to know your guys's stand on whether or not you want to make a future for this place. You guys helped keep this place on thin strings, if you do not want to anymore, it is understandable. We all have lives and attending our lives is always more important than what we do here. What we do here is only for entertainment and could always be used as self-betterment through the advice we give each other. I am making it very clear that we are no typical duel academy. We are, if not, the most unique duel academy still around. If we are not a duel academy, then we are a damn strong community nonetheless. If it takes another revamp in our structure and more micro-reconstructions in certain sections, then it will be done efficiently and will perform well. We can only make this work if you guys are still interested in even playing Yu-Gi-Oh and ultimately interested in WDA itself. This is your guys's choice. I don't know about you, I will see this place to the end until we are either truly shut down by hackers or if this place dies in peace due to inactivity. I hope we can see this through peacefully. It's time to make this next run something we will all never forget.WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) Mikuru-beamm

Last edited by DigiDigi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

Hey,

Honestly, I have been here since early January.

At first, to be honest, I hated this place xD, BUT

after a while, i made friend's, started to participate in contests' and just had a good time.

WDA is a good place to have fun, duel and hang out.

I wanna help keep it active ._.

/ WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) 1874242488
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm here. always dueling and love this academy, the only thing I would like to see more of is more dueling events and tournaments, instead of just 2 tournaments a month run some smaller ones whilst the bigger ones are going so people who have been eliminated can have fun join other tournaments
Back to top Go down
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Darkmega500

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I know I've been inactive lately, and that I get practically ignored to the extent that I'm not on the scene the times that I am here. But I'm going to make a comeback and try to help as much as I can. So much hard work can't be lost in vain.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I've been here a pretty good while even in TWA. This place is awesomez and I will do as much as i can to contribute to activity.
BUT, unlike you guys summers aren't my most free time. Since I am a dancer we travel a lot more in summer time. I have more time during school time because I home school.
So ye... I still love the Achievement system! But again not much time on my hands lately.
And I don't join some tournys because AGAIN xD, I know I won't be free for those days of the tournament.
So please don't forget about me :O I'll be here to the end smile
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:09 pm

I'v ebeen here since 2010 or 2011 I think when TWA was still an academy. At first,I had nothing to do whatsoever,was shy,and had absolutely no dueling expirience whatsoever,but this academy changed my in a positive way. Now I have friends and became a better duelist. I will be here untiil the end :D
#salute
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't see why would I leave...
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 pm

While I can't say I duel very often anymore and my interest in the game has declined greatly I still enjoy this place and the people in it. So I will stay here until the end I suppose.

Last edited by Supasmash012 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Well, I guess this place is ultimately what I founded almost three years ago with Maximillian Pegasus.
I would be crazy to leave you guys behind, wouldn't I? blink

I love y'all, and you have my support. ^^
(I will be away the coming two weeks though)
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 pm

So... yaknow, I actually first joined here when MP and UP were leading. Just didn't come on all that often.

I'll be on more after next week. After the monday after next monday, to be precised.

That's when my exams are all finished for good.

Then I have a long-ass summer before A-Level.
Back to top Go down
dew
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
dew

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : dew

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Wazz up all yea this is home to me ,ive been around since TWA days and I dont plan on going any where.Some ppl might think im not that active....... but to me define active I vist here at least once may twice a day but dont see the point in making random post about something thats not important to me smile.As that this is a pritty good academy in my eyes and I just thank the admins and every one eles thats played a part in making this academy for what it is today.
Kea Kaha
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 am

np we can keep this going, dont duel alot although i was begging 1 year for dn to open and when it opens ... i dont wish to duel that much :P so ya im not here for YGO
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 am

Though I've made some enemies here I've made some good friend who will stick with me, such as JJ, Kimo, saber, supa, destined, Etc.

Aslong as I still have those friends, who stick by me when I'm an ass, I'll come back here amd still call this place home. Yes I may think DA is builr better, but tell me, whats a perfectlt built home without family? Can you call that home?
Back to top Go down
EvilMegaCookie
WDA Member
WDA Member
EvilMegaCookie

Waifu : EvilMegaCookie

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 am

Erhem.....I might not be the right person to say this as I am rarely active, but i'd like to see that this little community of ours keep going. I like it here. It has that kinda cozy feeling to it. Although I do like to just lurk around the forum...and I am embarassed to admit: Sometimes I even forget the adress >.< Anyway. I'll try and be more active as of this summer and onwards. And...who else would be there to lecture me on why you should not have 41 cards? :D I also like discussing decks even though I sometimes feel like asking: What the hell is a [insert random typo name for strategy here]. So, i'll even come to Great Britain, Japan anywhere! And kneel to beg you NOT to ....wait, what am I even saying? *cough* While my interest in YGO varies greatly and sometimes to no interest at all, I still have a nice little place here where I can just sit down and stare at the screen til my eyes turn to squares and laugh my ass of at all the crazy stuff that's going on in the chat. Sometimes I will be a pain in the ass (grammar nazi mode anyone? :D), but aside from that i'll still come here.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:08 am

I'm here until I quit the game, maybe even2 after that
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 am

LegendaryFrost wrote:
I'm here until I quit the game, maybe even2 after that
Ha. Good luck with that.
I'm still surprised why I'm still here, considering that I stopped dueling altogether four months ago. I guess I owe that to you guys for offering one of the friendlist communities out there. I just hope the forum keeps up the good work.
I'd like to say something to Mina too. Thanks for being one of the most valuable members of the staff. It was fun working with you even when a few things didn't go so well, and you always had a sharp mind that poops out fresh ideas which have kept this forum active every now and then. I support the fact that although a few saw you in a different light, you stood strong and did what you had to do. Thank you for your hard work for all this time, pal.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:01 pm

well,i have had my innactivity times too (most of them Digi knows why) but as i talked to Digi on msn,and i repeat what i told her,whatever i can do for this acad i will,having me some free time will definitely help,so i'll try to give it my best and help this place keep up and running
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:22 am

FINALLY!!! SOMETHING TO GET ON THE INTERNET!!!!

~
Camp Forest Journal Post 1 :

I've been stuck in the forest camping which is uber boring everyday and every night, and a friend seemed to be hiding his android all this time... and I payed him some cash to borrow his phone for a while

~

I know I'm inactive, but tbh I love this academy. Even though I quit dueling.. the community still attracts me, they have a strong magnet. Am I the only one who finishes school very very late? (two weeks to go yet.) I've grown up in this community maybe even so it was probably just a year or two here. I remember the old days, I'm starting to think that.... the more we grow up.... the more we get lost into our beautiful past which we could have been enjoying everyday but left behind for some reasons... if I can I'll try to help this academy. I'll never forget this academy.

P.S If you wonder about the random topic, I'm in a forest camping (not really) that's a bit tad away from the city, it's blazing hot here with mornings to be 30 celcius and when it's pm it's like 42 celcius. They eventually got sick of this so I'm returning tomorrow home, instead of 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:44 am

i will always be around, it may not be as frequent as i'd always like but i will be here off and on due to RL but i can say that this academy has grown on me and i will do all i can to help it remain alive and active.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 am

I love this place too much to leave it lol one of the friendliest communities I've been apart of.
Back to top Go down
EnigmaMemory
WDA Member
WDA Member
EnigmaMemory

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 am

I'm new here, and...well, it's been an interesting place so far. I can't see why someone won't attempt to keep this place alive and running. <.<

I guess I'll try to do the best I can.
Back to top Go down
Crocodile
WDA Member
WDA Member
Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 am

I respect all academies that take their way serious like you and I wish you all good luck with the summer boom, i hope we can make some event together too smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)   WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.) Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA's Second Summer (It's a pretty important announcement, it's best you all read this and respond to it.)
Page 1 of 1