World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About Trails of Blood

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

About Trails of Blood Empty
PostSubject: About Trails of Blood   About Trails of Blood EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Trails of Blood was by far the hardest book for me to write. Combined with story and personal life issues, writing Trails of Blood was far more difficult that Seattle Massacre. I began writing Trails of Blood last year, June 1st, 2011 is the actual date. When I started writing it, I had moved into my apartment. I had no internet or cable, so the only thing I had to occupy my time was writing and DBZ dvds. Over the course of a month, I had watched all of DB and DBZ, as well as being one chapter away from completing the first draft. The title then was Secrets Revealed.

After I began my relationship with 'the bitch', she suggested that I change the Ripper side of the plot. After some heavy consideration, and a new set of dreams which seemed to come up with a better story for his plot, I did change it eventually. I completed seven of the fifteen chapters before I went down to Colorado to visit her.

I will not include what happened in Colorado, as those who know already do. After what happened, my muse to write for Trails of Blood (changed title to Trails of Blood at this point, which was the title for book 6, which is now The Zugzwang) had died. Three months later, I was involved in a car accident that fractured my hip. What would have been an excellent opportunity to work on Trails of Blood. However, my muse for writing was still crippled due to my living condition.

It wasn't until I moved out did I start writing again. I completed the second draft of Trails of Blood in four days, writing six chapters and heavily editing the rest. What should have been done nine months ago is now finally out.

There are several differences between Trails of Blood and The Seattle Massacre. First, writing style and focus. In Seattle Massacre, roughly 70% of the focus came from Richard Holcomb. Now, it's split more evenly between characters, with Crystal Rio and the Ripper having about 60% of the focus.

Also what's new is the characters. I've introduced about ten new main/minor supporting characters that will have a huge influence in the upcoming books. New characters include Crystal Rio (Main Protagonist), Eduardo Arias (Love interest/supporting), Daniel Frost (Main Antagonist), Patrick McKenzie (Minor/supporting), Francis Kelly (Main Antagonist), Fiona (Love interest/supporting), Hans Bischoff (Minor/supporting), and Alexander Rooke (Antagonist). There are a few recurring characters, such as Brittany Luman (Supporitng), Reece Baker (Supporting), but most importantly, the return of the Ripper (Main Protagonist).

Another change I've made is to make the Ripper the one that's at the disadvantage, opposed to having the constant advantage like he did in the Seattle Massacre. This book also deals more heavily with psychology and detective work, opposed to extreme gore. In this book, only ten people die opposed to the sixty-seven in the Seattle Massacre.

While Trails of Blood is a different kind of book, it is still a sequel I believe that readers will still enjoy, and will look forward to the third book in the series, The Ripper Puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: About Trails of Blood   About Trails of Blood EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Hey, I know Reece Baker. Sounds fun.
But you know, I'm glad this sequel shifted its focus because it leaves more space for you to put in a longer story since nearly half the first book is usually concerned about the kills so far.
By the way, do you mind me asking, but, when is the book coming out and how large is it in term of pages?
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: About Trails of Blood   About Trails of Blood EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 am

Trails of Blood is already out on Amazon and Kindle. As for page length, it is only 208 pages. A little shorter than The Seattle Massacre (which is 238).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Trails of Blood   About Trails of Blood Empty

Back to top Go down

About Trails of Blood
Page 1 of 1