World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opinion on OTKs

Go down 
4 posters

Are OTKs playable?
Yes, they are still playable
Opinion on OTKs I_vote_lcap89%Opinion on OTKs I_vote_rcap
 89% [ 8 ]
No, they are not playable
Opinion on OTKs I_vote_lcap11%Opinion on OTKs I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
RCbobo
WDA Member
WDA Member
RCbobo

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : RCbobo

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 am

Recently I have become obsessed with making OTK decks using Inferno Reckless Summon workarounds or even Mega-Guts. In your opinion, do you think that OTKs are playable/worth using?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am

New decktypes come out that can otk consistently, others get hit by the banlist, others resurface if they work well in the current metagame. It's always a strategy that can be considered depending on consistency, for example in the ocg Hieratic has OTK as it's main strategy, Alive hero is otk focused, and tinplate gadget has the otk card in, ultimate offering, to get the win in case they draw into it and play it unhindered, and they are all part of the top tiers. Just like all other strategies, if there is a good deck to support it it's viable. Hardly any difference other than banlist treatment.
Back to top Go down
KillerBee
Dynamic Duo
 Dynamic Duo
KillerBee

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : _KillerBee_

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Ofc OTK decks are still in the game but it depends how you build the deck, because only few ppl can build an otk deck well. For instant the fastest OTK deck is Hieratics, but when you get bad draws, you lose most of the times because this deck is inconsistent and thats why not so much ppl play it. But on the other hand look at the offering gadgets ... very consistent OTK deck, you have traps which ensure you control and you have Machina gadget and other beaters and you can make fairly easy OTK with ultimate offering and 1 gadget in hand. But there is an easy solution playing vs OTK deck ... the problem here is ppl can't otk you everytime the first or second round, so if you drop down 1 fossil dyna or vanity of emptiness or even skill drain stops them completely and your deck is dead .... and you just ..... lose the game. But this format is full of metas and you barely can see these card in action. I personally lthink that decks like karakuri otk, laval otk, dragunity otk, infernity otk, bubbleman otk and etc are still in the game and they still win, they adapt to every format and still win. So its not a problem if you want to build an OTK deck because me, myself am building only otk decks xD Good luck
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am

Not to mention that the current top tier decks are all capable of OTK - especially Chaos Dragons and Inzektorz.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 am

That's always true though, if there has been a format where none of the regular top tier decks were capable of random otks it must have been a lot of formats back. Sure, windups, inzektors and chaos dragons can otk, some more often than others, and at the same time bubblebeat can do random otks, plants could do random otks, sams could do random otks, sabers could do random otks, lightsworns could do random otks, blackwings could do random otks etc. even in formats where they were considered control or even stun decks. Before, so long as you could special summon at least twice in the same turn you could otk, then monster reborn became unbanned, then bls, and everyone could otk, not that everyone couldn't otk before, but just having the possibility to otk, a possibility in practically every viable deck now, isn't that relevant to actual otk strategies.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:02 am

Well Al, I said especially "Chaos Dragons and Inzektorz" cause both have much more consistent OTK than other decks, where Chaos Dragons, you need FU-FU 1st turn and here comes the OTK. As Inzektorz they have a lot of ways of doing OTK, matter of fact, I was thinking of doing an article about that or at least provide the information, cause I'm seeing a lot missplays with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinion on OTKs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinion on OTKs   Opinion on OTKs Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinion on OTKs
Page 1 of 1