World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another technical issue.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Another technical issue. Empty
PostSubject: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 am

Hai derr. You can see that the usual chatbox is unavailable at the moment. That is because it has expired from it's Premium membership. Until the staff and I find another suitable chatbox or any other solution to this issue, please bear with us and use the "Duel Finder". The Duel Finder is a customized FM chat that utilizes itself as a pop up chat. Here are the gimmicks to this cbox:

By right clicking someone's name, you are given a drop down list of options to select from. (Very useful for staff as well.)

You can send quick PMs by entering the code:
Code:
/newPM

You can view your inbox by entering:
Code:
/inbox

You can silence the chatbox.

You can enter in a wider variety of BBC codes that you are used to in the forum (found in a drop down list.)

You can log yourself out from both the chatbox and the forum by entering:
Code:
/logout

The emoticons are used directly from the forum. For the meantime while the staff finds a solution, we will migrate the emoticons we have used in the previous chat onto this new FM Chat.

You can search the forum for topics and posts by entering:
Code:
 /search

You can enter in your own images by using the BBC code:
Code:
[img] (INSERT IMAGE URL HERE) [/img]

That is pretty much all that there is to know about this temporary chat. Please hang in there with us and don't feel discouraged about this replacement.

Another technical issue. Mikuru-beamm

Last edited by DigiDigi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 am

i cant type in it .-. and its too slow
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: new chat box=crap   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 pm

i know u don't give a shit about my opinion
but just to let u know
the new chat box i mean duel finder is worse than the old one
it doesn
t a;ways appear when i click it
it sometimes just lags and stops reacting
and if i scroll after i click it turns into scattered pieces
and it works best for me at the bottom of the screen
but there the add appears above it
it has many problems
and i'm just letting u know
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Chat has been switched to Chatango.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm

DigiDigi wrote:
Chat has been switched to Chatango.

Why did you have to switch ? Once you said it yourself, chatango doesn't work on mobile devices, so is there any reason why WDA abandon the original chat box?
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Why change the lay out as well? it feels really uneven now
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 am

We switched because we had to. The old cbox expired. So any service that isn't cbox.W's is temporary.

@joker: when I removed the cbox and replaced it with FM Chat, the right hand side had a huge empty space that was awkward to look at. So I asked Bee for his Sideboard Navigation codes and I installed it. I have been searching everywhere for some sort of navigation for guest users and this is absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:04 am

I am more than willing to donate money so that you guys can restore this cbox and probably even do more if you do a donation drive. I'll chip in.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:23 am

DigiDigi wrote:
We switched because we had to. The old cbox expired. So any service that isn't cbox.W's is temporary.

@joker: when I removed the cbox and replaced it with FM Chat, the right hand side had a huge empty space that was awkward to look at. So I asked Bee for his Sideboard Navigation codes and I installed it. I have been searching everywhere for some sort of navigation for guest users and this is absolutely perfect.

Just ask Bee for the one previous chat box, the one that pops-up, he'll tell you how to make it right.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:12 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
DigiDigi wrote:

Just ask Bee for the one previous chat box, the one that pops-up, he'll tell you how to make it right.
Again, these services are temporary and regardless of how many complaints there are for either chatbox, it will all be irrelevant in due time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another technical issue.   Another technical issue. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another technical issue.
Page 1 of 1