World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monthly story magazine

Go down 
+4
kaiza
Nour Force
EnigmaMemory
Al-Bhed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Monthly story magazine Empty
PostSubject: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am

You know, after being completely not here for a while I felt like being selfish and stuff, because, you know, that's the proper thing to do in a case like this.

So, some of you write stories and fanfics and stuff, I know I write at least one (or at least am trying to, still just on page 8 on my second chapter...), I was thinking of putting them together and releasing them on a large schedule as a pseudo short story magazine in the forum. That way the better writers (nour!) would help the worse writers (me!) to get attention even if people normally don't read their stuff and most importantly it would give people a schedule on those things, because for me my biggest issue is letting my projects die by postponing. It would be a kind of thing where you'd put one chapter of your ongoing story or a short story you chose to randomly drop in and it would make writing around here a thing, or pitch in even if you aren't in it regularly or take a break for a month or something. I myself noticed I can do one chapter a month even with my walls of text (hence some of the selfishness in this) and it should be plenty of time for others. So, anyone interested or am I being crazy here?
Back to top Go down
EnigmaMemory
WDA Member
WDA Member
EnigmaMemory

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am

...well, I can't see why not, although most of my stuff is on Fanfiction.net...not to mention they suck more than Al's. <.<
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:54 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
You know, after being completely not here for a while I felt like being selfish and stuff, because, you know, that's the proper thing to do in a case like this.

So, some of you write stories and fanfics and stuff, I know I write at least one (or at least am trying to, still just on page 8 on my second chapter...), I was thinking of putting them together and releasing them on a large schedule as a pseudo short story magazine in the forum. That way the better writers (nour!) would help the worse writers (me!) to get attention even if people normally don't read their stuff and most importantly it would give people a schedule on those things, because for me my biggest issue is letting my projects die by postponing. It would be a kind of thing where you'd put one chapter of your ongoing story or a short story you chose to randomly drop in and it would make writing around here a thing, or pitch in even if you aren't in it regularly or take a break for a month or something. I myself noticed I can do one chapter a month even with my walls of text (hence some of the selfishness in this) and it should be plenty of time for others. So, anyone interested or am I being crazy here?
Can you repeat that in simple form? :P

Al-Bhed wrote:
That way the better writers (nour!) would help the worse writers (me!)
Sarcastic Comment!
~Captain Obvious
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
EnigmaMemory
WDA Member
WDA Member
EnigmaMemory

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 am

99nour wrote:

Al-Bhed wrote:
That way the better writers (nour!) would help the worse writers (me!)
Sarcastic Comment!
~Captain Obvious[/color]

Ain't matter, I'm still the worst. :P
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

I smell some interest in that around, so I'm bringing it up again since there is a small chance. Just bump, read it, say your opinion on having a schedule and stuff in something like this.
Back to top Go down
kaiza
WDA Member
WDA Member
kaiza

Waifu : Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

a schedule would be nice, at least now, if I register, I'd be forced to write on time, instead of procrastinating for a week or more

and help is always good
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

Waifu : Wynchester

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am

I like the idea, but i prefer to do my work solo. sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwynwyn
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:

The fact that you used Nour as an example is insulting.

-insert glove removal and slap here-
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm

J.J. Knight wrote:
The fact that you used Nour as an example is insulting.

-insert glove removal and slap here-
Just...no comment.
So I'm actually for this to be honest. I'd also try to submit some of my own stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 am

Would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly story magazine   Monthly story magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

Monthly story magazine
Page 1 of 1