World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

- Story of the Shadows - Part 1 -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Knight_of_Night

- Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - Empty
PostSubject: - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 pm

- BEGIN PART 1 -

- Chapter 1 -

I'd never considered the opportunity before. Going away from home. Becoming my own person, but the time had come. That morning was different from others, I'd already had my test, and the day had finally arrived where I wold leave home for good. The only things that I could bring, my deck, and duel disk. Things had been decided already, my test results had place me in ra yellow to begin with, and things were starting to look up for my above average score. The admins impressed with my style and techniques that seperated me from my other peers. My parents proud of all the things I'd accomplished so far, telling me that it got harder, but that I could do it. I grabbed my duel disk, (only to have to exchange it for an academy one later), and grabbed my box of cards as I headed out the door. My parenst watched through the window as I got to the bus stop to ride to the location. The destination was farther than other acadmies, but the forms I had submited told me that this complex would be best suited for my dueling needs. The one I was headed off to had a larger number of people as well as several different styles of duelists rather than one large group of mono-styled ones. I thought in my head of other things the admins had said during testing. I had dueled 2 students and all 5 were forced to watch each duel to determine placement. Both duels had been won, and both students had been the, "average" dormed students. The first duel had been won the 7th turn, while the other had taken a long time of slowly reducing. The style of decks I only used, burn. 4 of the 5 admins had said my style was different and patient, and that I always knew what to do. While the last saying that burn was cheap and needed to be gotten rid of. I had almost missed by stop by how deep in thought I was, but I got off the bus and whittnessed one of the greatest things of my life. I was far from the campus, but it was right there in front of me. I slowly started my march up to the building.

Last edited by Shadow Descendant on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
onlyaaron17
WDA Member
WDA Member
onlyaaron17

Waifu : onlyaaron17

PostSubject: Re: - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Great chapter, cant wait to c more :D
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 2 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:49 am

- Chapter 2 -

I'd gotten about half way up the road when suddenly I was stopped by a random student yelling. I tried not paying attention, but he got in front of me. The boy and his two thug-of-a-friends had all surrounded me. The main boy started talking.

"Alright, listen here slifer slacker, we ra yellows don't appreciate you and your crap. You best get off our turf or you'll be asking for some serious pain." I'd tried interupting but he continued. "We have special orders from someone to make sure you don't get to those front doors, and we're going to do whatever it take! You, me, now duel!"

The boys two thugs opened their jackets and revieled over 20 decks hidden in their pockets. The main boy picked one and grabbed one of the two thug's duel disks and launched it. I'd still been in complete shock when they'd come up, but I knew if I'd run one of them would catch me. My only option, to duel and win. I grabbed my duel disk and one of my three decks and placed it in. Then the magic words were spoken, "Let's duel!"

I started talking, "What's your name?"

"Doesn't matter, but you can call me Mike." I nodded. "Well Mike, I'll take the opening move since you challenged me, my draw!" I looked at my opening hand, perfect for this short duel. I didn't know much about him, but he didn't look like much of an expert. I looked at my hand. I perfect opening hand for great amounts of damage.

"Okay, let's go! I set a monster in face-down defence position and then set four cards face-down! Then I activate the continious spell card, "Chain Energy!" Mike looked confused as if he'd never seen the card before and asked what it did. "Whenever you or I activate, set or summon a monster out of our hands, the player who did will loose 500 life points! But that's not my only one! I activate two more chain energy cards from my face-downs! So now when you or I summon or activate or set, the player will loose a total of 1500! Mike's face turned into a ghost, he was aghast. I'm not done yet! Now I activate, "Dark Room of Nightmare!" Now when you or I recives damage except from battle that player will loose an extra 300 points! So in total to activate, set, or summon a card from the hand it will cost 2400 points!" Mike's face was blank, he was speachless.

"So that means I can only play 1 cards or I'll loose the duel?!"

"Correct. Better make it count."

"Fine! That's all I need, my draw! I summon my vorce raider into attack mode!"

"Say goodbye to 2400 life points" Mike started screaming and fell to the ground.

"YOU THINK I'M DONE YET?!" VORCE RAIDER, ATTACK!"

"I activate my face-down, Skull Invitation! Now when you or I have a card sent to the graveyard we'll each loose 300 points! And thanks to my Dark Room of Nightmare, we'll loose an extra 300 for each too!"

"IS THAT SUPPOSED TO SCARE ME?! RESUME YOUR ATTACK!" The face-down suddenly exploded, and I started snickering.
"The card you've destroyed is my morphing jar, and when he's sent to the grave you and I have to discard our hands to the card graveyard! And since my invitation is on the field as well as my Dark Room of Nightmare, you'll recieve an extra 300 points making it a total of 600 points each! Since I have 0 cards in my hand I lose no points and draw 5 new cards. You however, having 5 cards in your hand will discard all of them adding up to 3000 points of damage and will draw 5 new cards. And with that final move, that's the end."

Mike just stood there speechless. "I... I lost... To a slifer slacker?!"

I looked up at glared at him. "I was trying to tell you that I testing into ra yellow. Thanks for the arrival present." I walked off leaving him crying on the ground.

Last edited by Shadow Descendant on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 3 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am

- Chapter 3 -
I walked to the building and opened the door, only to find a gigantic lobby filled with students walking from different sides passing through. I looked around finding a student center only to find that I had to report to the admin's office before I was to check in and get my schedule and supplies. I walked down several hallways only to find that it was on the exact opposite side of the building and entered the room. All of the 5 admins were sitting around a large desk talking and discussing plans. They all stopped the second I entered the room. They all looked up and one of the admins started speaking.

"Ah, you must be the new student we saw! It's great to see that you have indeed come. Allow me to explain how our programs work and give you a tour of the building." One of the other admins glared at me and I just starred right back with equal intensity. The man who offered the tour got up and we both exited the room. "I see you don't care for admin Steven. Not a surprise, he's the only reason we didn't move you up to obelisk blue rank. He has a bad temper for OTK students as well as others who don't attack much. He'll do almost anything to make sure they don't rank up or do well." I looked up at him and asked, "What's OTK?" "Ahh, yes, you are a new student after all. "OTK" stands for, "One Turn Kill. But that's beside the point, we've allowed you to come here because we saw something special in your moves, and we see that the decks you use are different. Not many people use this typeof strategy just because of how risky it is, but we see that you've mastered it quite well. Now, we'll talk more, but lete's get your supplies first. The man led me into a large supply closet full of several different goods needed for students to live on campus.

"Here we have your Ra Yellow jacket, new duel disk, as well as your student ID. You'll find most of your personal and more healthful items in your room, which I will show you next."

"Umm... Sir? May I ask you something? Has admin Steven once gone out of a way to make suer someone doesn't even get to the campus? The reason why I ask is that I was forced to duel a student to get to the building... By change would the admin have anything to do with it?" "I wouldn't be surprised. It would be like him to do such a thing, but thats beside th... Wait, WHAT?! You dueled a student?! If you made it here... That means you beat him correct?!" I nodded my head. "Hmm... You have a gift... Tell me, what was the score of the game?" "4000 - 0." "You didn't loose a single point? Impressive for your style. Now, the other admins and I will have a discussion with him on the concept, and until then, let's show you to your room.

We walked down several hallways until we exited the main building leading to a large outdoors area where several buildings were located. Each building was of different styles and grades of acceptance. "You'll be staying in the yellow building right there in the middle. The other two are the other dorms at this academy. The lower one being Slifer Red and the higher one being Obelisk Blue. As I've said, you'll find most of your other supplies in your dorm. Feel free to pick any room to your liking." The admin had almost left but then I asked, "Oh... Pardon me for asking but what might your name be?" "Hmm? Oh, yes my appologize. You may call me by Admin William." "Thank you, Admin William." He smiled and walked off back towards the main building.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 4 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 pm

- Chapter 4 -
The building was normal, nothing too special, yet it had the basic needs for a normal dorm. It had a living room/den, kitchen, multiple bathrooms, and upstairs was where what looked like multiple bedrooms. When I stepped into the room a handful of people looked up and took notice of me. The other admins had told me that I was testing for academies out of season so I would be coming in mid semester. Several students got up and came to where I was. They all just glared at me with hatred. All of the students were wearing yellow jackets to symbolize their placement in the dorms.

I started talking. "I don't want any trouble..." One of the random students came forward. This student had a different coat than all the others. He must have been the leader of them. "Well you've got it. We don't take for random students, especially not ones that use your style of decks." Several students nodded their heads. "Why do you care? And how did you know of my playing style?" The leader laughed. "Most know of you, the academy's made a big deal out of you, I don't see why. You look to be just as weak as a slifer." I glarred at him with double the hate that was in his eyes. He jolted back in shock. I started talking. "Don't mess with what you cannot comprehend. You know little of me and I suggest you stay away." The whole croud was aghast. Apparently you weren't supposed to talk to leaders in such a way. The leader went back to his glarring and started talking back. "I like your style boy, but we'll see what you're capable of later." He walked off and so did the rest of the mob of people.

I took what little of things I had and walked up the stairs to the second floor where I found a large hallway full of bedrooms. I looked into them all and picked one that no one had settled into yet. It didn't seem like anyone had wanted to be, "friends" anyway. I opened several cubbies and cabinets to find several handy things that I would normally have used around the house. 5 sets of clothes, (all the same), as well as toiletries for higene. I unpacked my box of cards as well as all the things the admin had handed me and layed them out on a desk. I picked the bed closest to it, and unfolded the layer of blankets to make it look taken. I walked out of the room and back into the main entryway, but no one took notice. I exited the building and started my way back to the academy building.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 5 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:32 pm

- Chapter 5 -
I entered back in having changed into my yellow jacket in order to find a schedule of how my classes would work, how things were run, as well as some up-to-date events. I came upon a student service center after walking for a long period of time, getting several odd looks from students who were passing by.

Getting to the center, I asked several questions where to find out I would be making a schedule of my classes that the admins and leaders would teach. The whole list looked bland and uninteresting, but I knew I had to take something. All students were required to sign up for at least 3 classes taught by 3 different teachers. I looked over the list, but nothing looked interesting. It was all full of tutorials and archtypes that didn't seem interesting even in the slightest. I'd waited long enough and took the simple classes, (ones that most people took if they didn't know what to normally take). The teachers for the classes I'd selected were two of the admins I hadn't talked to as well as the current obelisk blue leader. The classes titled, "OTK 2.0", "Stall 2.0" and "Overall Balance". The secritary looked up puzzled.

"You're the new student aren't you? The one mastering in burn?" I was shocked. The dorm members had been right, others had been talking about me... I nodded my head and the secritary looked at my schedule again. "It looks like you aren't taking the most exciting classes in the world. Here, take the Obelisk Blue classes list too, you might find something there." I did find fine something, and replaced it with, "Overall Balacne." The class I had taken in place was called, "Advance Burn". I had also upgraded my other two class from, "2.0" to "3.0". The secritary looked at it again.

"Much better, it seems you'll fit in well, but keep in mind that since you've taken the, "3.0" that the class will be of obelisk blues. But from what I hear, it seems that you will fit in perfectly. I nodded my head. I'll be right back with your schedule. She came back 5 minutes later, and handed me the document. The, "OTK" and "Stall" were still taught by 2 of the admins I hadn't spoken to yet, but the, "Advaced Burn" class didn't have a teacher listed for it. She was also kind enough to hand me a list of the weekly events list. Apparently each Monday the school held a large trading session where everyone gathered together and traded in the gymnasium. It also looked as if a handfull of tournaments were coming up and the entry submission papers were due soon. I asked her about them, and she handed me two applications.

"You're only qualified for two of the several tournaments, but I'm sure they should be fine for now." The title of the tournaments were, "Ra Yellow Leader" and "Academy Extravaganza". The rewards for winning were different for each, but both worthwhile. The reward for Ra Yellow obviously being the leader position, and the Academy Extravaganza being an automatic rank up and a set of cards of that person's choice. I signed up for both, thanked the women at the counter, looked at my schedule and smiled. The next part of the day, dinner.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 6 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

- Chapter 6 -
I had started my way towards the cafiteria when I was interupted by Admin William who started talking idmetiatly he found me.

"Finally, I've found you. Did you get settled into your dorm? You didn't have any trouble did you?" "More or less." "Hmm... Well things should get better. I recieved a message telling me that you've already signed up for your classes as well as a few tournaments! I'm very happy to see you're already participating in our programs! Now, the reason I've come to get you is that as a new student you are required to present yourself at dinner tonight, so I just wanted to warn you before then." I was stunned... I wasn't the talking type, but when it was a higher-pressure situation I could always talk my way out of any situation. I nodded my head to the Admin and replied, "Thank you." Admin William walked off towards the large office again.

I didn't know what to do... What should I say? Should I do anything? Should I just walk up and have someone introduce me to them? I just sat their beweildered of what to do. Finally after several minutes of thinking I had come to the conclusion that I had to go and introduce myself. I would look week and feeble if I were to have someone do it for me. The question that remained... what to say? Again, after several minutes, I wrote down a hand-ful of things to say. I knew I didn't want to over-explain myself or make it too long. Finally the time was close to dinner. I walked into the cafiteria a few minutes early to find the admin and meet him at the top of a stage behind a curtain to hide so no one would see me while they all gathered in the room. Admin William told me to not be frightened and that everything would go fine as long as I was firm and confident.

Slowly students gathered into the room filling up multiple tables where different groups of students gathered. I'd peeked out so I could see without fully revieling myself. You could see where most of the people had seperated. The groups of people all different in style and personality. All of the admins were seated at one large table towards the front of the room, all 3 leaders of each dorm were at a single table, and the rest of the tables were either empty or filled with random students of multiple colors. Slowly everyone settled down and got quiet. Then Admin William got out of his chair and came up to the stage.

"Greating students! Tonight is a very special night. Not only does it mark the end of your third quarter of this school year, but it brings with it a new student." The whole crowd started wispering back and forth from table to table. The admin started talking again. "Quiet, quiet! Now I'd like to thank this student for coming here and doing so well. Now please give a warm welcome to our newest Ra Yellow Student!" The crowd clapped and I walked onto the stage.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 7 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:45 pm

- Chapter 7 -

The second I walked upon the stage the admin left back to his table. I walked to the middle of the stage and waited until the croud got quiet, then I started talking.

"I'd like to thank Admin William for the warm welcoming and for all of your acceptance..." The second I said that a student started shouting things like, "We don't accept your kind!" I glared at the slifer boy and he stopped shouting and sat back down. I started talking again. "I see that some of you don't appreciate things as much as others and am in hopes that you will eventually. If you all have any problems with me feel free to talk personally and we may arrange something. Thank you." I walked back behind the curtain and the crowd started clapping. Admin William came back and complimented me on what a grand job I had done. He told me that there were multiple tables open and that food would be served momentarilly. I thanked him once again and stepped of the stage in search for a seat. I didn't find a single table with an open seat except for a single girl alone. She was a Ra Yellow too, so I thought what was to loose? I sat down and started talking.

"Hello, pleased to meet you." I motioned to shake her hand and she accepted. "You're the guy that was just up there aren't you? Seems they're making a too large of a deal out of this..." "I agree. I don't see what's too special about my style... I guess it's just different. What's your name?" "I've gone by several things, but you may call me Droite." "Well Droite, it is a pleasure to make your aquantince." I kissed her hand and she started blushing.

"I see you're not like the other boys, full of themselves anyway." We both laughed and started talking about our different types of decks and what different things we liked and hated. Our food had been served, but we both barely ate anything and just talked mostly. "So what type of decks do you normally run? I guess you already know what I normally use." She laughed. "I guess that's true. I run a variety of things. Butterspy, Plants, and certain decks base on Number cards." "Fits you I guess." "And what? You expect me to say that your burn fits you?" I pretended to laugh. "A good duelist doesn't just use one strategy." She just looked at me and nodded. We both discussed how our day had went and what we had done and how we'd each gotten here.

After dinner was done I had looked at my schedule and saw that there wan't anything important left for the rest of the day except for a large school announcement in a few hours. Droite and I continued talking for a little while until she said she had to go study for one of her classes and said that she would talk to me later in the dorm. I nodded and we both went our seperate way.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Descendant
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shadow Descendant

PostSubject: - Chapter 8 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 am

- Chapter 8 -
I again looked at my schedule and this was a free/study period and decided that I might as well see what the academy had to offer library wise.

The school library was towards the north-east side of the building. When I got there the place was mostly deserted. I guess I still looked new because when I walked in either I looked bery new or the librarian had seen me and known that I wasn't a usual. When she saw me she motioned me towards the counter in order to speak to me.

"Ah, I thought I might see you here today, but I would have never expected you to come here by your own free will." I looked at her surprised again that others had heard of me and I just nodded. She continued talking to me. "I know your style by how much I hear about you and I pulled out a few things and assumed that you may have wanyed to look at them." I glared at her. "Don't assume anything dear." She was surprised, then she laughed. "I guess that's true. In any case, The books in this library have been orginized by playing style and arch types. I suggest you go to aile 4-E." I nodded and went in search for whatever.

The library had almost everything. Anything you could think of with styles. They had any arch type mixed with anything. It was quite a collection. I finally wandered to section 4-E and found a wide sollection of burn and stall. I found a handful of books and ventured my way back the the counter. When I got ther the librarian had gone back to her sorting and sorts so I decided to read for a few hours and contemplate on new strategies and deck ideas with all these new resources. I found several ideas and sorts and after a few minutes found that it was rather difficult to do anything without pen and paper as well has cards. I went back to the counter checked out my books and headed back towards the dorm.

With books in-hand I started walking through the lobby again where I saw a large group of people circled around something. I walked up, but people kept pushing me away. Finally I was too annoyed to care and shoved my way into the center. There beaten up with a duel disk was Droite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 -   - Story of the Shadows - Part 1 - Empty

Back to top Go down

- Story of the Shadows - Part 1 -
Page 1 of 1