World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

September Ban List [Confirmed]

Go down 
+5
Al-Bhed
UchihaShisui
L.Lawliet
Nour Force
Mau5
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

September Ban List [Confirmed] Empty
PostSubject: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:12 am

Banned (can't be used)
BRIONAC
FUTURE FUSION

Limited (at 1)
HORNET
DRAGONFLY
ULTIMATE OFFERING
REDEYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON
TSUKUYOMI
CHAOS SORCERRER
EVIGISHKI GUSTKRAKEN
SPORE
WIND-UP ZENMIGHTY

Semilimited (at 2)
TOURGUIDE OF THE UNDERWORLD
MIRROR FORCE
REASONING
A HERO LIVES
HIERATIC SEAL OF CONVOCATION
POT OF DUALITY
EMERGENCY CALL
BW KALUTE
RESCUE RABBIT
DEBRIS DRAGON
EARTH AGENT OF MYSTERY

Unlimited (at 3)
NECRO GARDNA
MARSHMALLON
EMERGENCY TELEPORT
DESTINY DRAW
SWORD OF THE REVEALING LIGHT
LEVEL LIMIT AREA B
MAGIC CYLINDER
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:32 am

I'm not sure if I should be posting this, but why was Tsukuyomi banned anyway?
And what do you guys think will be the upcoming meta?
& Also...
YAY MY AGENTS ARE BACK!
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 am

Mhm, I see a lot of Heroes popping in the near future...
Back to top Go down
UchihaShisui
WDA Member
WDA Member
UchihaShisui

Waifu : UchihaShisui

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:46 am

99nour wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be posting this, but why was Tsukuyomi banned anyway?
And what do you guys think will be the upcoming meta?
& Also...
YAY MY AGENTS ARE BACK!
tsukuyomi was a nasty mofo when game got some flip effect monsters.now it will be used to stop big monsters.
i love the list,skill format ftw :3
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am

Tsukuyomi was a staple in the goat control format (could run over many things mostly, and reuse your magician of faith if need be/if left alone), and it was taken down with the rest of the massacre at the time.

Limiting dragonfly was surprising, although they probably didnt like inzektors going for 2 formats straight (or there will be another decent lv3 in the near future), tour guide right after tengu means that tcg only should not even be considered to be exempt from the banlist anymore and the rest was expected stuff, stuff that was ok to be back or the more or less expected overkill.

Chaos dragons took a bit hit, inzektors are out of the top tier until a substitute inzektor comes out, I like the second debris, the spore (lol, limited spore), the second reasoning and the tsukuyomi, among others. Agents get their second life, or at least agent hybrids probably and even though I know it sucks, I want to play stall burn now that their entire lineup is free. Generally a surprisingly straight and pleasing to bitchers banlist, I guess that counts as the surprise for this time.

Just a sidenote though, rabbit is not out, and same goes for heroes probably. They both took hits, but for both it's hits they can come back from with adjustments. Whether windups can come back in the TCG, I can't tell since I unfortunatelly don't know the TCG deck well, but for inzektors it will probably depend on new releases to cover the gap of dragonfly (or perhaps just people being stubborn...). It would be funny to see kevin pull a dick move and give a good inzektor right back as a TCG exclusive on the set after this one.

Oh, and this is not an article, moved to news.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 pm

The Mau5 wrote:
Banned (can't be used)
BRIONAC
FUTURE FUSION

Limited (at 1)
HORNET
DRAGONFLY
ULTIMATE OFFERING
REDEYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON
TSUKUYOMI
CHAOS SORCERRER
EVIGISHKI GUSTKRAKEN
SPORE
WIND-UP ZENMIGHTY

Semilimited (at 2)
TOURGUIDE OF THE UNDERWORLD
MIRROR FORCE
REASONING
A HERO LIVES
HIERATIC SEAL OF CONVOCATION
POT OF DUALITY
EMERGENCY CALL
BW KALUTE
RESCUE RABBIT
DEBRIS DRAGON
EARTH AGENT OF MYSTERY

Unlimited (at 3)
NECRO GARDNA
MARSHMALLON
EMERGENCY TELEPORT
DESTINY DRAW
SWORD OF THE REVEALING LIGHT
LEVEL LIMIT AREA B
MAGIC CYLINDER

Let's start from the top.

Brionac - Konami wants to finish off killing Synchro Monsters by banning the last broken one. I really saw this coming though.
Future Fusion - Do I need to say more? In many decks this card is great, in Chaos Dragons it's just a win condition.

Hornet and Dragonfly - Both uncalled for, it's obvious Centipede is way better than both, because 1 Dragonfly and Hornet can still pull off an OTK. 1 Centipede can't.
Ultimate Offering - Future Fusion colored in purple. I don't think this will hurt Gadgets, I run them perfectly good without it, now it's that random card that can win the game if you pull it, you know, like the untouched BLS.
REDMD - First I thought that Pulsar needs a hit, then I realized ... this card deserved it. It helps Hieratics way too much, as well as Chaos Dragons.
Tsukuyomi - Pure anti Xyz monster. I really have no idea why this terror is back, as if it wasn't bad enough during Goat Control format. Really a bad move to unban this.
Chaos Sorcerer - One of the worst moves Konami did for the new format. Why would both CS and BLS be at 1? Are they equally good? At least put it to 2 and ban BLS ...
Evigishki Gustkraken - Even though the TCG didn't get to see plays with it yet, this just had to get hit. It's a Wind-up Hunter with 2400 that doesn't rely on something to bring it from the Deck. In fact, it's quite easy to search and bring out. Sick card.
Spore - I am glad this card is back, I love plants. It's not as strong as Bulb so it deserves to be unbanned. I just don't see why is it at 1? It limits itself to once per Duel anyways ...
Wind-up Zenmaity - Strongest card in the archtype. It made WU the broken deck it is. I am glad it's hit.

Tour Guide - This is a good move because any random deck can run 3 Tour Guides and be good ... This hit was made mostly because of WU and Dino Rabbit, so I am very pleased this card got hit.
Mirror Force - People say, ''oh who cares Mirror Force is at 2, in this meta it rarely makes it to the first Battle Phase it can'' ... wrong. Now people and their beloved +15 trap decks will have a full trolling routine ... you can't kill all the backrow.
Reasoning - OP. Good Lord, Konami what are you smoking?
A Hero Lives - Good, hit anything that belongs to the dreaded Heroes ...
Hieratic Seal of Convocation - Search card. Needed to get hit.
Pot of Duality - I don't think this is fair. No reason to hit it.
E - Emergency Call - I would either put this to 1 or ban Stratos and keep it at 3 ...
Blackwing - Kalut - People will think BW are strong now. They aren't. They will just be played more often because people will believe so.
Rescue Rabbit - This card is sick. I hope it suffers like Rescue Cat, from 3,2,1,0.
Debris Dragon - Here come more BRD table-cleaning plays. I am glad some of the Plant Synchro deck is back. It still isn't playable, but I hope next format will be promising for it.
Agent Earth - Without Trishula, the deck isn't what it's meant to be. I hope this move won't make everyone spam Agents and their annoying Kristya ...

Necro Gardna - Nice move, LS ftw!
Marshmallon - Why promote stall cards? I would semi this and Reaper ...
Emergency Teleport - Not the card it used to be. No more broken Synchro like Brionac, Goyo, Trishula that would make this card so OP. Nice move again.
Destiny Draw - Tele-DAD is still currently dead. And if it were to be somewhat revived, it would barely compete with the decks played nowdays, because of Maxx ''C'', Veiler and others ... This move is fine.
Swords of Revealing Light - I hate stall cards, but this is fine at 3, who cares?
Level Limit Area B - Wonderful ... bring in the stall.
Magic Cylinder - Stupidity. I hate this card.

That's all.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Spore and Debris are back, that's all I care about, now it's floor mopping time.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Well in my opinion Konami didn't do a good job.
The monsters that were banned, limited and unlimited are okay, so far the list is okay. Or at least they were going to be okay if MST/Heavy/Beam got hit - MST to 1, then hit the Night Beam as well and we'll have a lot more to the game. I'm probably saying this cause I think those "new" Hero Alive/Lives decks are cheap, simply cause they run 3 MST, 3 Beam and 1 Heavy, this is what makes it hard to side against. If you take out the spell/trap destroying (at least some of them), then the deck would be okay. Now with Startos not banned, like it should be, the deck is untouched, where to other tier 1 decks... we saw what happen.

Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

The banlist has good things, and unfortunately bad things.

I will just post my opinion like turtle did, instead of writing a whole story. :P

Banned (can't be used)
BRIONAC - It's quite a broken card, but with Plant Synchro gone, it saw way less plays. When it succesfully hits the field, you've got quite the problem though, certainly in today's fast paced dueling. Good thing they banned it.
FUTURE FUSION - Hits Chaos Dragons and Heroes. I like. Although to heroes the hit is less hard, every hit they take should be considered positive.

Limited (at 1)
HORNET & DRAGONFLY - Hit Inzektors, limiting their cards is good. Inzektors wil still be playable, but they will not be as powerful anymore. I like these limited very much. =)
ULTIMATE OFFERING - I was honestly never bothered by this card. I can see how this son of a gun can make OTK's possible though, so I guess it's a good thing to limit it.
REDEYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON - I absolutely love this card limited. It does three things: 1. It kicks Chaos Dragons in the nuts. 2. It hits Hieratics (Not quite in the nuts, but still pretty hard, since their OTK will be very limited by this) 3. No more Gustaph Max!! :D
TSUKUYOMI - Ugh.. This will be so damn OP. Play this card in any mill or burn deck. It gives you a new Needle Worm effect every turn. It also gives you a new Marshmallon burn effect every turn. (Which will work way better now it's unlimited ._.) And also in the meta this will hurt to much. Double Ryko, double snowman eater. Ouch. The worst part: Using it doesn't cost anything.
CHAOS SORCERRER - Just leave this son of a gun unlimited, as long as you ban BLS. Chaos Dragons got a big hit anyway, so let's hope both cards will see less plays.
EVIGISHKI GUSTKRAKEN - No more OP hand loops! Yay!
SPORE - Carefully trying to give Plant decks some playability again. I think this is fine.
WIND-UP ZENMIGHTY - More yay! The other OP handloop has also been stopped.

Semilimited (at 2)
TOURGUIDE OF THE UNDERWORLD - I like this. This will limit it's play for the most part to one use in most decks.
MIRROR FORCE - Well, I like to go all 'noooo' on this. I guess everyone will be forced to run more spell/trap hate in their decks. Bad move.
REASONING - I honestly do not think this will do that much. Pretty much fine imo.
A HERO LIVES - Hit heroes!! Every tiny little hit counts. ._. (They are too tiny though)
HIERATIC SEAL OF CONVOCATION - Hit Hieratics. Good.
POT OF DUALITY - Why not hit everyone's draw engine?! Dammit. No I need a substitute for my third duality. I have no idea why they did this.
EMERGENCY CALL - Hit Heroes. Fine by me. They still aren't hit enough though.
BW KALUTE - Well, it won't do that much, but I like how they try to give BW a bit more playability.
RESCUE RABBIT - Meh, this needed to get hit more. Every hit to it is good, but it's not enough.
DEBRIS DRAGON - This seems okay to me. Give Synchro decks a but of a second wind. Fine with me.
EARTH AGENT OF MYSTERY - Seems alright to me. Let's just hope that Agents won't be spammed around to much now.

Unlimited (at 3)
NECRO GARDNA - Good. This doesn't deserve to be on the banlist anymore anyways.
MARSHMALLON - ._. Why?! I don't want your burn and stall!
EMERGENCY TELEPORT - Give Psychics some more life, I like.
DESTINY DRAW - Well, fine by me. It might actually be used now. Maybe.
SWORD OF THE REVEALING LIGHT - I don't like all those stall cards unlimited. This is the least worst of them all though. If it was this card alone unlimited, I would be fine with it.
LEVEL LIMIT AREA B - Oh god. I really do not like all these stall cards. =(
MAGIC CYLINDER - Noes! First Mirror Force, now this! I almost feel like we need Barrel Behind a Door in our side deck now.

This format hits a lot of things that should be hit, but it promotes burn and stall way too much.
Both Heroes and Rabbit should have been hit harder, so that kinda sucks. (Especially heroes ._. )
I've got mixed feelings about the banlist.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:45 pm

heavy y u no ban..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Ban List [Confirmed]   September Ban List [Confirmed] Empty

Back to top Go down

September Ban List [Confirmed]
Page 1 of 1