World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Game for 2012

Go down 
+4
DigiDigi
J.J. Knight
akaFila
Kimo Force
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 am

We've never had anything like this before, but I personally believe that since we have a section dedicated to gaming, we shouldn't be missing out on this. So which game do you think that was released this year which truly deserves game of the year? Pick one game you liked, and make sure that you have played it of course, and post it. Don't start arguments or state that people who said other games are better did so because they never played the game you picked.

So with all honesty, I will have to pick Borderlands 2. I spent 102 hours (which is sad) since I started playing back in November. The weapons in the game have been balanced, the different weapon factories now each have their own trademark abilities and designs, the game has an okay (if not great) plot in contrast to that of the first game, and the character classes are all a lot more balanced than the previous game (gaps between classes were loads bigger in the first game, but glad that's been fixed a little in the second). One of the best features is the sheer amount of internet memes and references throughout the game. There are many secret challenges a player can undergo, and daring quests (like defeating Terramorpheous) or endeavors (leveling a Goliath up four times or turning a Varkid into its final Invincible form). Not to mention that the game features thirty hours plus of game play per playthrough. All this leaves the player with one of the most varied gameplays one could ever go through.

Best Game for 2012 Haruhi

Last edited by Kimo Force on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am

Dishonored. Best Game for 2012 2472580362
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am

I'm going with Pokemon Black and White 2. These games are superb sequals to Pokemon Black and White. Upgrades were applied where needed, and move sets were improved (Except Flareon...and Entei.) Pokemon Black and White 2 are amazing games and are great games for vets and new trainers alike.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Assassin's Creed 3. The story is just perplexing and well done.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 am

Going to have to agree with J.J., B/W 2 is just superb.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Halo 4 has my vote. For any fan of Halo the continuation of Master Chief is good enough, but for 343 to create such a great story with the Reclaimer Saga, this game had my attention from beginning to end lol. Multiplayer is fun (aside from the 12 year olds) and it keep me entertained for hours, I'm looking forward to 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

DigiDigi wrote:

That's the best game, yes.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
DigiDigi wrote:

That's the best game, yes.

As a huge fanboy of Assassin's Creed (you won't imagine the amount of ruckus and jumping I went through when the reveal trailer came out for AC3) I agree with both these two gentleman and lady.

We asked for more Desmond. We got Desmond doing a leap of faith at the top of a skyscraper to parachute into a building and stealthily steal an artifact.

We asked for another well done story. We got a more dramatic well-made story and finally a character that's not a robot that actually acts like a human being, with rights and wrongs and stupid decisions. (seriously if someone where to spoil the game for you, the game would be meaningless, and all the surprises are expected,also there was no part where ezio or altair would do something completely stupid or wrong, they always made the correct decision and instantly knew everything, while Connor acts like an actual human being with different emotional layers and sides, that's a huge plus for me.)

We asked for fresh new stuff. They re-made the whole game.

We asked for more multi-player. They re-made that too into a whole new level.

I was just disapointed with the whole work going on, it was 9 Sequences, and what I don't like but I won't complain and I don't completely want it to stop and be gone, is that there's always a sad ending for Desmond. (I cried at AC:B's ending. Until later I read that somehow she was a templar? Dunno.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Game for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game for 2012   Best Game for 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Game for 2012
Page 1 of 1