World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]

Go down 
+7
Bloody Kaizer
Niko327
Leokane
Kimo Force
Behemoth
Fish
DigiDigi
11 posters

Is text messaging awkward these days?
Yes
Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] I_vote_lcap31%Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
No
Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] I_vote_lcap69%Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:28 pm

It just seems that compared to WDA chat, which you guys feel awkward when the chat is "dead" for even a few minutes, text messaging just feels weird. It sure doesn't replace IM for real-time chatting, cboxes, nor does it replace face-to-face convos. At most, I feel like I use texting now to text important things only. If its unimportant, the conversation just breaks within the first hour. I remember a time when I was in grade school where I could just text for hours on end. It was my replacement for MSN and Myspace at the time to get private conversations. Idk, things are different now that there's better social media, WDA/other things to do/higher standards on real time chatting.

Do you feel the same in a way?
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

I have a friend called Mylee who I text all day every day with, thank god for free texts. We don't tend to find that awkward. I also text my other friends about some things though we actually have something specific to talk about in that instance.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Voted Yes, I use texts less and less with my unlimited data amount on my mobile (granted, I have 1500 free texts and unlimited texts to my provider), I just don't get around to texting a lot, so texting is only a method of contacting persons I have no online account of.
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 am

No, not really. My phone is pretty old, dating back to 2009, and I'm not really willing to change it since the newer phones these days require more complex input for making calls, and that's the opposite of what I want seeing that I am always on the run between places from classes to practice. Anyway, I text to people all the time in-between class whenever I need to ask them about something really important, and because of the buttons for input functionality, I can do so without looking to avoid being spotted by the teacher. With touch-screen phones, you can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 am

I vote no....I never text anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 pm

I text all the time, casually and seriously. My girlfriend lives 2 hours away and we have to stay in contact somehow. She's not on the computer much so she isn't on skype often and doesn't have an IM program. Also it actually feels closer than calling each other because with calling it'd be super annoying to have to call someone multiple times in a day, whereas just talking to them once in a day gets kinda lonely :/ There's also this app called Snapchat that lets you take pictures that only last up to 10 seconds and input a message with it and send it out to your friends. It's kind of a stupid concept since a lot of people just take it as a good way to send nudes and you could send picture messages with normal smart phones anyway, but it's actually quite catchy once you start using it...

Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:45 am

Eh. I prefer phone calls than texts because I'm not the happy-go-lucky-oh-hey-man-wanna-text kinda gal.

Apart from that, I have to divide my phones since I have a personal phone and business phone, they do, however, are the same. I prefer phone calls than texting, but if you're asking about the whole texting stuff, I don't look at the messages until it's night here, lol. I make it clear I only reply to texts, no matter how early they text me, when it's night, between 6 PM to 8 PM, apart from that, I wait another 24 hours to answer them, lol. Same goes for my girlfriend, so she texts me on time, always.

It's actually scheduled like that since I'm not the type of person to get in trouble in class and due to my tennis practice back when I was in high school, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 am

The rate of a conversation regarding test messages vary from person to person. If you aren't too familiar with the person, it can become awkward real fast. I personally prefer to speak on the phone instead of texting most of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Voted no. Text messaging serves a good purpose. If I need someone immediately, I call them. If I want to talk with someone for fun, I IM them. If I want to leave a note for someone or not bug someone but check up on something, I text them. That and a have a couple friends who often times are in places they can't talk or be at a computer but can text.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am

Not really awkward, but I find texting rather dull and boring nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Jaden H
WDA Member
WDA Member
Jaden H

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:08 pm

idk yes? no? pffft, not sure.

buuuuuuuuutttt

its kinda on and off cuz sometimes its rly interesting then sometimes its dull so i rly dont know so voting yes? no? i dun even know

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]   Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll] Empty

Back to top Go down

Is text messaging awkward these days? [Poll]
Page 1 of 1