World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The End of Days: Prolouge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

The End of Days: Prolouge Empty
PostSubject: The End of Days: Prolouge   The End of Days: Prolouge EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:04 pm

My name is Joshua. If you are reading this entry, then I am about to die.

I am a soldier and its Champion from the Kingdom of the Sun Plains. When I was sixteen, I was told of my Gift; the ability to call upon Lightning, the strongest form of Light Magic. Such an ability is born into our Kingdom once in a century. I was honored to bestow such an ability. I immediately began training, for I was born in troubled times. We were at war.

Of the six countries that divided the continent, the Sun Kingdom had made a truce with two of our neighboring countries; the Merfolk Tribes of the Turquise Islands and the Elvish Nation of the Emerald Forests. For decades, we've been battling a common enemy. The Werewolf Nomads of the Topaz Deserts, the Vampire Priests of the Moon Temples, and the Ogre Nation of the Crimson Mountains.

For nearly five hundred years, we've been at war. Stories have passed through the ages of which country struck first. In my homeland, it's said that the Vampires launched their strike against us. To the Merfolk, it's the Ogres and their steel ships that invaded their lands. To the Elves, it's the Werewolves that attacked their people during the full moon. In my travels, I've heard the same stories in reverse; we invaded the Vampire's domain and attempted to wipe them all out and their army of Ghouls that protected them, or the Merfolk attacked the Orge's naval fleet while transporting goods, or the Werewolves being slaughtered by Elven warriors. I do not know which side started the civil war, but I know that I must stop this war at all cost.

The war was all but one in the battle at the Bloodstained Fields. The Ogre, Vampire, and Werewolf combined armies attacked at dusk in an attempt to wipe out my Kingdom. All six champions were present in this colossal battle. I do not know how many men died that day. Each side suffered heavy casualties. I alone must have killed hundreds of men that night.

As dawn approached, we were gaining the advantage. The Vampires and Werewolves were weakening, and many Ogres were slaughtered in the night. I cornered the Vampire Champion, Dracul, near the end of the battle. In one last duel, I had gained the upper hand. Before I could gain deliver the final blow, a deafening roar shook the very Earth.

dozens of winged lizard-like creatures descended from the skies and scorched the fields with fire. Even the ogres couldn't withstand such brutal fires, and many of them died. Only their champion, Othrog, was able to slay one of the mighty beasts with the help of Maul, the Werewolf Champion before being knocked unconscious. Dracul fled during the onslaught, and I nearly died. We had lost nearly our entire combined army that night.

After my injuries healed, I traveled back home with Azure, the Merfolk Champion, and Glissa, the Elvish Champion, to regroup. We were approached by a Werewolf baring the white flag. With him was a letter from the other Champions staying their need to for a temporary truce and for us to head to the Dragon Peak in the Ogre Nation.

We were uncertain if we should comply, so I took the trip alone wile the others returned to their native lands. When I arrived, I met Othrog waiting for me. He explained the legends of the Dragons, and how they would one day return and purge the land of it's undeserving and weaker species.

As I am writing this, I am on my way back to the Peak of Knowledge, where it's said where the Dragons live. All of the Champions and our remaining armies will stage a large scale attack on the Dragons. We have waiting a month for the full moon to arise again so the Werewolves and Vampires will be at their strongest.

I do not know if I will survive the battle. Even with the Ogre's advanced technology, I do not think it will be enough to survive.

[An idea that popped up in my head. What do you think?]
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: The End of Days: Prolouge   The End of Days: Prolouge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:07 am

Wow,the first paragraph just captured my attention.
Nice work J.j smile
(You REALLY need to help me with English,lol even though I have a pretty low A- )
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: The End of Days: Prolouge   The End of Days: Prolouge EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am

Just a personal opinion, change the name of the main character. It always seems so weird when authors use their own names as the main characters.
I'd be the side character that dies, at best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of Days: Prolouge   The End of Days: Prolouge Empty

Back to top Go down

The End of Days: Prolouge
Page 1 of 1