World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

R/C My planned Kassadin Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

R/C My planned Kassadin Build Empty
PostSubject: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm not level 30 yet nor do I have the runes for it, but Kassadin (or KassaWIN) has become one of my favourite champs with just a few games and I've felt comfortable playing him. I believe I will be using this type of build in Solo Queue.

inb4Kassbanseverygame

Skin - Classic Kassadin. It's the best one. Although that's because all his skins suck :c

Summoner Spells - Flash/Barrier - Flash isn't too necessary imo with Riftwalk, but I like to run it as it doesn't cost mana and acts as a second Riftwalk if you need it. Barrier is obviously to make up for your squishyness.

Ignite - It's amazing, always gonna run this.

Runes -
3 Flat AP Quintessence
9 Armor Yellows
9 Flat AP Glyph
9 Whatever Reds

May not be the best Rune Set ever composed, not sure. This set gives you a lot more AP and Mana, Kassadin can be quite mana hungry at times and having spare for MOAR RIFTWALK is really nice. Of course, I'm no pro, so yeah, help me here.

Masteries -
21 Offence, taking the obvious AP abilities like Spellsword, Arcane Knowledge and Mental Force.
9 Defence, up to the defences in the second row, just for a little more defence.

Items (in order)

Doran's Ring
Boots of Speed
Rod of Ages
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rabadon's Deathcap
Abyssal Scepter
Void Staff
(Zhonya's Hourglass)
(Guardian Angel)

Pretty standard item set for AP Assassins like Kassadin. Zhonya's and GA can be replaced by anything, obviously health pots and wards throughout the game too.

Skill order:

1 Void Sphere (I)
2 Force Pulse (I)
3 Void Sphere (II)
4 Nether Blade (I)
5 Void Sphere (III)
6 RIFTWALK (I)
7 Void Sphere (IV)
8 Force Pulse (II)
9 Void Sphere (V)
10 Force Pulse (III)
11 RIFTWALK (II)
12 Force Pulse (IV)
13 Nether Blade (II) (unless I can take Pulse again, I forget)
14 Force Pulse (V)
15 Nether Blade (III)
16 RIFTWALK (III)
17 Nether Blade (IV)
18 Nether Blade (V)

Again I just started playing Kassadin but this is what I think I will be doing. Thoughts, suggestions and criticism welcome etc

Last edited by Mio Akiyama on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Highdr0g3n
WDA Member
WDA Member
Highdr0g3n

Waifu : High-dr0g3n

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 pm

I personally prefer to build sheen on kass.. actually I like to build sheen on everyone o.o

You also might want to try tear of the goddess, xD

Everything else seems really good, and ignite > barrier in some cases

And try to expand your champion pool in the early levels.. try all the free champions when you can, because kass totally doesn't get banned in 9/10 ranked games <.<

Guides are also a good way to start out :P

Good luck! xD

EDIT: With the runes.. I don't think mana regen runes are necessary, imo, maybe because I run so many mana items xD But I usually get armour or magic resist or both :P

Last edited by Highdr0g3n on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Highdr0g3n wrote:
I personally prefer to build sheen on kass.. actually I like to build sheen on everyone o.o

You also might want to try tear of the goddess, xD
I've been considering Sheen and Lich Bane.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 am

Lich Bane is brutal as he's an assassin with a close-range teleport, tbh, I'd definitely recommend you give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:49 pm

It's pretty important to be flexible in your build. It's generally a bad idea to just stick to one build and keep doing it with most champions given lane matchups and team dynamics can change a lot of things. Given Kass's lack of spammability in skills and needing to be in melee range to use Lich Bane (and getting so close while spending so much on a non-psuedo tank item) Lich Bane sounds really sketchy on Kass... I'd think it would be only good on him if you were roflstomping. Experiment with it and see how you like it though.

Tear of the Goddess is a really slow item but can be incredibly good on him given the fact that it gives you pseudo tank to help with your melee range and it gives incredible AP. I wouldn't recommend it at all in a lane that you're having a hard time in though. Tear has to be gotten early but it offers very little survivability in your weakest stages while Catalyst offers a ton of benefits to your early. Highly suggest it if you have a cakewalk lane, highly suggest against it if you're having a difficult lane.

...all in all, my big point though is, is be willing to be flexible and figure out what works for you. These are my take on the items suggested but there's never one build answer or even leveling path, runes, and masteries. It's gotten to the point were I have masteries for 21/9/0 taking MR and 21/9/0 taking AR, same with Runes, and every bit of that flexibility helps a ton.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:16 pm

abyssal scepter isnt that good on him tho
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 pm

also changing my runes to have magic resist and armour.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:35 am

If you enjoy building your cannons from glass, a deathfire grasp is a pretty decent pick.
If you're after some tank to stop some mages in midlane etc., a spirit visage is pretty viable, though you have the right idea, most games' standard build for me would be
Sorc Shoes
Seraph's
RoA
Rabadon's
Zhonya's
Void Staff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R/C My planned Kassadin Build   R/C My planned Kassadin Build Empty

Back to top Go down

R/C My planned Kassadin Build
Page 1 of 1