World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Games you regret buying

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Games you regret buying Empty
PostSubject: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Pirated games and gifts do not count in this topic.

Was there ever a game that you regretted playing? Or even buying?
Here's my list:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC)
It's not a bad game. In fact, I actually liked it a lot. Thing is, the game runs terribly on my PC. I didn't have a PS3 back then, so this was the only platform I could get it on. I have huge loading issues, and more than often, I get kicked out of games and whatnot due to performance issues, because of how my PC loads the game incredibly slowly so the server times me out. The game is fun every once in a while, but the fact that my PC has issues running it just makes the game unplayable for me. Plus, all my real life friends who play this game have it on PS3. I did get the Deluxe Edition though, so World at War runs much better on my PC.

Spider-Man Edge of Time (Xbox 360)
Worst Spider-Man game I ever played. It was just absolutely horrid.

Rage (Xbox 360)
Because of region-locking. I didn't know what the region of my system was since the retailer who fixed it changed it without notifying me (it's probably JAP, that sunnovabeach). I borrowed the PS3 version from a friend when I got my own system, and I loved it.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC)
I got this during the Steam Sales. My good buddy kept nagging me to get it. Sadly though, if you thought Black Ops 2 ran badly, then ooooh boy. I ran at 30 FPS max, and if action started picking up, it would bottle down to 5-10 FPS. I will admit; this is an outstanding shooter. My computer just sucks.

Homefront (PC)
I got the limited edition for 10 euros at a retailer quite a while back. It was pretty cheap, so I was like "why not?" Sadly though, the campaign was just way too short, and while multiplayer is fun, it kinda does get old after a while. I haven't played the game in over a year now. Thankfully, there are quite a bunch of dedicated servers, even with THQ going bankrupt and all. Also, I had quite a few performance issues for this one too.

Skullgirls (PC)
After getting a PS3, I think I would have preferred playing Skullgirls on that instead. My PC does lag on some of the levels, which is the last thing you want especially for a fighting game. Also, the Xbox 360 controller is a pain to use for fighting games. I usually prefer it for everything except for that field. On the bright side, I did manage to snag Squiggly when she was still for free, not to mention the color palette pre-order bonus.

Nation Red (PC)
It was a very simple top-down zombie survival game. I only got it way way back because it was super cheap. I haven't played it again since then.

PAYDAY 2 (PC)
I actually enjoyed my time while playing this, but lots of performance issues here and there make it difficult to enjoy this game to the fullest. Now I only ever open it if my friends ever ask me to.

Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)
Again, barely played it before throwing it away. It was still very fun though. Also got it super cheap.

Red Orchestra 2 (PC)
Oh goooood whyyyyyyyy...
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:53 am

-> Wizorb
-> Wizorb
-> Wizorb

I got it in a humble bundle, but still, I'd rather not have gotten this game, than have gotten it for free with the bundle and have wasted 12 minutes of my life playing.

-> Assassin's Creed III

Not as good as it is on console. Controls on PC are really weird for me, not sure why.

-> Borderlands 2

I didn't even want to buy this game. My friend gave me £15 of the £30 just so that I could play it with him. Worst decision of our lives, we haven't played more than 11 hours on it.

-> Darksiders 1 & 2

Look like good games but I haven't really played them and I don't know if I ever will.

-> Dead Space 1 & 2

Ditto.

-> Dear Esther

A bit too slow for me, I'd rather the main character walk from event to event with a little bit more pace. I mean, it's all beautiful scenery and art, I know, but you can only take so much of it.

-> Proteus

Gets old fast.

-> Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Adorable and amusing at first, but the shops quickly become very boring.

-> Team Fortress 2

I didn't spend any money on it, but what I did spend was 1084 hours (and more, as I still play it sometimes) of my life.
That's more than 45 days.
Which is about a month and a half of non-stop play, with no sleep or breaks for food and stuff.
How do I have a social life?

-> Civillization V

I've spent money on the game, the money on the gold edition (every DLC including G&K), and the money on BNW. That's gotta be almost like, £60, £70 odd pounds.
I've also spent 672 hours on it. Not as much as TF2, but it's still a significant portion of my life.
Back to top Go down
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Achievement Points : 11
Waifu : Centrik

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:18 am

I pIrate I don't regret sh*t -yaoming-

Don't hate me ;w;
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:03 am

Trine Series- Its such a stupid puzzle game (BEAUTIFUL NONETHELESS), but its just eh.

Bioshock series (its basically an interactive movie...I should've just watched Lets Plays.)

Dark Souls (stupid Microsoft Live, even though kimo showed me how to get rid of it, I just don't have the time to grind through it--nor am I skilled enough to speed run 2 hours.)

Don't Starve (it just doesn't interest me, I wasted $15.)

Rust (the community is just garbage and its alpha)

Starseed Pilgrim (like Fish, it came in a Humble Bundle; I just don't like the fact that you have to play it on a small window...)

Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP [iOS] (playing good games on an iPhone is stupid...period.)
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Reikan wrote:
Trine Series- Its such a stupid puzzle game (BEAUTIFUL NONETHELESS), but its just eh.

Bioshock series (its basically an interactive movie...I should've just watched Lets Plays.)

Dark Souls (stupid Microsoft Live, even though kimo showed me how to get rid of it, I just don't have the time to grind through it--nor am I skilled enough to speed run 2 hours.)

Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP [iOS] (playing good games on an iPhone is stupid...period.)

I swear to god, Reikan, I will find you, I will hunt you down to the ends of the earth, and I will shake your hand because I respect though disagree your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Bioshock: Didn't like the gameplay or care for the story but the world looked cool.

Borderlands: Didn't like anything about it.

Brink: Cause everything.

Morrowind: I just couldn't get over the gameplay.

Oblivion: Same as Morrowind although I do like Oblivion's land better than Skyrim.

Fatal Fury (Something) Volume 1: I don't know why but I did not like this game.

Lego Racers 2: Lego Racers 1 was so much better.

Marvel VS Capcom 2: I like it but no one is playing it online.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 2:18 am

Leokane wrote:

Brink: Cause everything.

Dear God, how did I forget about this?! I can't believe I eagerly paid $65 to pre-order it...

Fish wrote:
Reikan wrote:

I swear to god, Reikan, I will find you, I will hunt you down to the ends of the earth, and I will shake your hand because I respect though disagree your opinion.

Ok maybe I don't regret Dark Souls, im just being lazy. I'll get to it after finals, I might actually have fun with it (its just no fun if you can't save your progress.)
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Update: Terraria and Minecraft: Pocket Edition. I literally have no interest after a day's worth of playing Minecraft. I don't think I've spent even a half an hour in Terraria. I dont think I'm quite into an 8-bit clone. I know its a community/friend driven game, but still, it feels lacking to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you regret buying   Games you regret buying Empty

Back to top Go down

Games you regret buying
Page 1 of 1