World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Centrik
Mini Gear
Mini Gear
Centrik

Achievement Points : 11
Waifu : Centrik

Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come Empty
PostSubject: Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come   Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:58 am

Hello folks,

So currently I'm working on a project which I will arrange the most popular Jazz songs and I will be only working on their main themes for students who don't know some songs but want to see some examples first before practicing. That's why it's named Skeleton of Jazz.

Today I'll show you the very basic of Someday My Prince Will Come, which was composed by Frank Churchill for the Disney's Snow White. If you haven't known, this song originally is a Waltz and for Opera. That's why it's 3/4. But why not Waltz Jazz? Waltz Jazz is really good when it's played. Here's an example from the most talented Jazz musician, Bill Evans:

Does it sound good? You'll need to take a lot of time to be good like him (or at least so). Basics are always important, remember, so we should start with the basics first:

Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come 10371660_315954345221029_3438473691751134534_n Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come 10477417_315954341887696_6697830462523881948_n

I suggest playing Ballad when playing solo piano and Med. Waltzwhen playing with a band.

Happy practicing!

- Lawrence Tran

You want Skype lessons? - Skype: lawrencetranjazzpianist

P/S: Okay that doesn't sound like me but I copied then pasted.
Back to top Go down

Skeleton of Jazz Project: Someday My Prince Will Come
Page 1 of 1