World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info Empty
PostSubject: FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info   FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 am

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info PfFyUwT
A Skullheart a day brings all the girls from far away

Skullgirls Getting PS Vita and PS4 Ports

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info Skullgirls%20Encore%20Vita

Looks like Lab Zero is spreading the Skullgirls love even more. First, it was just PS3 and Xbox 360, then PC got some love along with a lot of success, and now even the PS4 and PS Vita are joining in. Good on you, Lab Zero, and good on you too, Sony.

Gematsu wrote:
The PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions will include all of the ads-on characters, stages, and story funded by Lab Zero’s Indiegogo campaign, as well as “All Play” multiplayer lobbies and an extensive art gallery.

The PS Vita version will also work with PlayStation TV and support up to two local players using DualShock 3 or 4 controllers.

Well, that certainly is reassuring. I can see Skullgirls selling moderately well on the PS4 given that a lot of people now own PS4s with little games to play on it, so it'll be a nice treat for people who are interested. On the Vita, it probably won't sell all too well in the West, but I suspect that it will in Japan, very so too, since Skullgirls is quite popular in Japan. Plus, with how the PlayStation TV has been doing in Japan, that's only going to boost even more sales.

Personally, I have the PC version, and I think that's good enough for me.I don't play Skullgirls all that much to consider getting a portable version. Maybe if it'll feature cross-play, I could reconsider, but that's a pretty difficult feat so probably not.

New Information on Eliza and Other DLC Characters

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info 14598208916_fb6cfd4d6d_z

What you see is a leaked screenshot from Eliza's WIP story mode. According to my source, Eliza will have the “biggest, deepest” story mode yet when she launches this summer. There's even a video showing her WIP form off.

As for Beowulf and Robo-Fortune, the remaining DLC characters, here's what Lab Zero had to say:

Lab Zero wrote:
Beowulf is a wrestler, and will draw on all sorts of over-the-top wrestling moves. In addition to being a great grappler, he’ll also be able to throw his chair, The Hurting, and use it in interesting and strategic ways.

Unlike our April Fool’s “clone” character, Fukua, Robo-Fortune will be fully drawn over with her new design, and also feature new animations to make her look and feel significantly different from her flesh and blood counterpart.

Source from Gematsu

That's all for today from my side of FGN. Apparently, this was all announced four days ago, so you'll have to forgive me for being tardy; I forgot all about it what with E3 going on and all. Anyhow, Leo still has more stuff coming up, so be sure to check his topic out.

Also, I absolutely did not beg Leo to work on this part. Nope. Totally didn't.
Back to top Go down

FGN: New Skullgirls Ports + New DLC Character Info
Page 1 of 1