World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.

Go down 
+5
Leviera
Pumpkin Row
Reikan
kaiza
danna45
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. Empty
PostSubject: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 5:28 am

Your mission is to keep the main character alive at all costs. Feed the narrator instructions which the character will eventually carry out, and based on those decisions will the environment change. Remember that it is your choices which will determine the fate of the main character.

Character details
You may ask for further details if necessary

Eye color: Unknown (Hasn't been seen yet)
Hair color: Blond
Weight: Roughly 70 pounds
Height Roughly 5'0"
Build: Slim, short, possible poor strength, seemingly frail

Status: Wounded to an unknown degree, feels heavily fatigued. Throat is cut, abdomen is stabbed, and head is bleeding. Possible concussion, no memory.

Instructions:

• After I describe the character and the situation, you will be tasked to carry on by giving the character an action suitable to the environment.
• If there are any images that are posted, they will be references for what the environment looks like.
• If there are areas which appear to be hidden, whether in the picture which the narrator (me) has not described, you may investigate for a chance of finding any useful items.
• If you have any questions, please do send me messages on either Skype, the forum, or in the chat box, where I will comply to my earliest convenience.

The Beginning:

The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. ELgtUlP
The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. F0sSGtf

You slowly regain consciousness, fully unaware of your surroundings. Despite how heavy your eyelids feel, you succeed in opening them. Once your eyes had finally focused, you begin to realize that your surroundings are pitch black, with a slight light emitting from above. You can feel the hard lumpy ground beneath you, possibly rocks amassed in a mound of dirt. Not only this, but you feel cold. You can feel your apparently bare legs shaking from the temperature.

With what little strength you can muster, you manage to raise your hand towards the light. Plastic. You can feel plastic against your hand. After a moment of thought, you realize you are completely surrounded by plastic. You're in a trash bag.

The realization frightens you greatly, causing a slight panic to rise inside you. In an attempt to escape, you grab the plastic with your other arm, and after gathering your strength, pull the plastic bag apart. Through it, you can see the moon, shining brightly in the night sky, though partially obscured by the trees surrounding you. You then continue to rip the bag apart and relieve yourself from this plastic prison.

Unfortunately, your surroundings are still very dark, with your only source of light being the partially obscured moon. It seems that you are in a dense forest. Before you lies a trench, with a creeping fog amidst its floor, keeping you from having any idea of how deep it really is. You can see an army of tall trees spread around you, silently standing within the darkness.

You pull your legs outside of the bag, and struggle as you roll onto your back to examine your surroundings on the other side. The forest of trees, strangely, is much thicker on this side, with a thin clearing of a path in-between, leading off into the dark distance. What could this path lead to? Furthermore, only then do you notice that the forest is completely silent, with the only sound being the rustling of leaves as you moved around, and your strained breathing. What could be the cause of this sudden deafness? Peculiar.

As you begin to stand, you stumble a little once on your feet, but quickly hold onto a tree to steady yourself. It would seem that not only your eyelids, but also your whole body feels extremely heavy, thus making movement difficult.

You examine yourself against the light and conclude that you're wearing some torn, black, thigh-high socks, along with black loafers with a buckle on top, and a torn black dress with white trim on the edges of the sleeves, hem, and collar. You run your hands through your long, blond hair and feel it: wet, and matted down on your head. You withdraw your hand and look at it, noticing an ooze of black liquid splashed onto it. This must be blood, and you most definitely suffered a concussion earlier.

You run your hand down your neck, to your upper body, followed by running it down to your lower body. From this, you deduce that you have a painful gash across your throat, a wound in the stomach, and traces of blood on the dress. You can only guess that since you're still alive, nothing of value was damaged...right?

Considering all odds, you haven't even the slightest clue of how you came here. Not only that, but there remains not even a single memory of who you are. Regardless, you must find shelter before you possibly bleed to death. The woods are giving this malevolent aura that cannot be ignored. Something about this place doesn't feel right at all.

Last edited by Lesbihonest on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:03 am

Before i'd start moving or anything like that. I want her to find out if she's still bleeding and if she is, she should try to stop the bleeding with like the bottom big of her dress if she can rip it or maybe her socks. Any bleeding that can be stopped is fine doesn't need to be all of it just as much as she can. Once she's stopped as much bleeding as she can I want to find something to help her get around, a big branch she can lean on is fine. After that's done, If you can have her save the bag she came out of that would be nice also. AFTER all this. Have her look in the shallowest part of the trench closest to her location to try to find something useful (how would she do this? poke it with the stick she has duh). If she finds anything she should save it. Once she's done searching have her back out and head the other way through the trail.
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 am

try to determine if the water is clean, if it is, it is better if you try to wash your body a little, however, if it is too cold, just take a few drinks from it. Also try to mark a path to this place since there might not be another water source as safe as this
leave through the path behind, try to be quite about as there might be unforeseen threats
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 pm

RD pretty much covered everything possible in a better way than I could so I'll just offer a counter-option.

Heal your wounds, find a stick to help walk around, as RD said but...Find a place to rest. In the trench, if it's not too deep, is an option. Somewhere to hide and lay down, wait until a bit of sunlight appears. Resist the feeling to run, stop moving, gather your mind, become more composed, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Trailblazer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Trailblazer

Waifu : ReSTART

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:47 pm

rip parts of dress off to cover bleeding wounds so you don't bleed out
don't fuck up
try to wait until morning to make any large amounts of travel
seek source of water/food/shelter, possibly before morning if necessary or out of fear
don't fuck up
attempt to acquire a sense of safety in order to calm down
retrace steps
try to come to some sort of conclusion as to where you currently are
focus on healing and getting healthier
make makeshift weapons for self-defense
don't fuck up
start to make short trips until able to make long ones in order to scout the area
keep bag and use it to carry food/supplies
eventually start making longer trips in search of civilization
and finally, either grow up into a jungle girl or find people and attempt to integrate back into society
still try not to fuck up
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:31 am

Clearly not in imminent danger, you decide that you really should stem the bleeding from your neck and abdomen. Grimacing, you slowly rip off a strip of fabric from the hem of your dress. Having to resort to this, strangely, makes you feel somewhat saddened. It's only now that, despite your lack of a memory, you realize how much you really loved this particular dress.

Not knowing much, if anything, about first aid, you rip the strip in half, then, grimacing from the stinging pain, tie one around your neck, not so tight that you can't breath, but tight enough to, you hope, keep you from losing any more blood. Once finished with your neck, you lift up your dress just enough to tie the other strip around your stomach. Luckily you're small, so you didn't need much. The wound on your stomach, notably, stings less than the one on your neck.

Now that, you think, the bleeding should stop... eventually... you need something to help you walk around, as your body feels much too heavy to get far on your own. You slowly stumble over to a nearby tree and catch yourself on the trunk, searching for a decently sized branch to break off and use as a support.

You spot a somewhat low-hanging branch, and decide that it will have to do. Standing on your tip toes, you lean heavily against the tree and stretch out your arm towards the branch. Your fingers brush the surface as you strain, but you cannot reach.

You stumble away from the tree, moving to another. Steadying yourself on the trunk to keep from falling, you reach for the nearest branch. This one is within reach. You grab it, and pull on it, using what little weight you have to help you. The branch suddenly snaps off, sending you tumbling to the ground.

The moment the branch is broken off, from the direction of the tree, but not from anywhere passed it, comes the most blood curdling screech that you have ever heard in your life. It sounded like a thousand nails on a chalkboard, and caused the leaves on the ground the rustle as they were blown away.

Upon hearing, and to an extent feeling, the loud shriek, you take the branch and stumble as fast as you could across the ground, clumsily in the apposite direction of the tree. Too scared to pay attention to where you're going, you accidentally stumble straight into the trench, the fall is rather short, but the sudden impact as you fall into the creek knocks the wind out of you.

You lay there for a moment, in the running creek, waiting for your breath to come back.
"These woods aren't normal... I need to watch what I do."
You think to yourself.

When your breath finally returns, you stand up out of the creek, and step onto the bank, under an alcove created by the edge of the trench. You decide that it would be safe to rest here for awhile, so you remove your soaking wet dress and drape it over your stick that you picked up earlier as it leans against the trench wall to allow it to dry.

As you lean against the trench wall to rest, you close your eyes slowly, too tired to keep them open any longer.

Before your eyes, you can see a room with a hardwood floor and a high ceiling. 2 of the walls are covered by massive bookshelves, filled completely with all sorts of different books. In the center of the room sits a desk, with a little girl sitting at it, with her chair pulled up. You find yourself wishing that you could see her face, as it's mostly obscured by her hair. She's quickly scribbling things in a notebook, while looking at a second, open book next to it. Behind her, a man walks into the room and grabs her shoulder from behind, and roughly pulls her and the chair back, looking into her eyes.
"Explain to me, why did you hide daddy's book?"
You can tell that he's squeezing the girl's shoulder, and she's in a bit of pain, despite her face being hidden.
"Daddy... I... I don't know what you're talking about..."
She stammers, clearly frightened by the man.
"First you hide my book, and then you lie? This isn't like you. I don't like it at all, and if you don't stop, I'll start to get angry. I need that book, right now."
She screams out as his grip on her shoulder visibly tightens, her face now in full view as she looks up at him. The girl is you.

You wake up, falling forward off the trench wall, and catching yourself with your hands. You sit there on your knees, not sure what to think of what you have just seen. You sit there for a long moment, dazed. Sadly, there is no sense to be made from what you just saw.

Still not sure what to think, you decide that there are more important things to attend to. You crawl over to your drying dress and feel the fabric. It's dry. You look up at the sky, noticing that the moon is still up there. This isn't right...
"The moon is still in the sky... this isn't right... the sun should be up by now."
She thinks.

Status: Status: Wounded to an unknown degree, feels heavily fatigued. Throat is cut, abdomen is stabbed, and head is bleeding. Possible concussion, no memory. Tired, sleep deprived. Scared.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:45 pm

For now we're going to ignore the possiblity that perhaps she didn't actually fall asleep for very long, and realize that the sun is not rising. Combined with the fact that trees apparently can scream, we can come to the actually rather obvious conclusion that this is no zaku boy normal forest.

Get out of there, follow the visible trailblazer. Luckily if she's walking using a stick as assistance, then she'd leave marks on the ground as she moves, so it won't be too hard to backtrack if needed.
Back to top Go down
kaiza
WDA Member
WDA Member
kaiza

Waifu : Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:34 am

for now, I am not sure what to say; not a fan of horror/ghost stories, and this seems like a big one. in a situation like this, the best bet is to find shelter, above all things; nights can be cold and that cold can be more brutal than everything else. Try gathering lots of dry leaves and branches, and try to make a makeshift blanket out of them, and try to rest

if even that isn't available, she has no way to weather out the night, and that's a bad sign given her condition
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 pm

...bad state she's in
well, she does need to sleep, its important, try to calm down and rest, doubt anyone can actually sleep in that state though, i would recommend hitting yourself and faint, if she wasnt bleeding already.
preferably drink from the trench, if its too dirty though its better not to, but you might not find a water source later on
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 am

Notes:

Well I think the best way she should do this is get dressed. >.> she's going to catch a cold if she doesn't. Have her reach into the water and pull a cup full to look at. With the help of the mood light have her judge how cloudy the water is. If it's not that cloudy drink some and clean up some of the cuts. And is she is not dressed by this point dress her. Going back to sleep right now is a bad idea to me so just have her get up look around for things she might be able to use and have her try to get up to the trail and continue down the trail. (all i got for this one really)
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:05 am

Perspective change to third person.

Scared, she tried to go back to sleep. Maybe she only lost consciousness for a short while, or maybe she’s still dreaming. She wanted to believe that only a short time had passed, but inside she felt those weren’t the reasons for why the sky was still dark. After all, her clothes were already completely dry, despite being soaked through before she slept.

Closing her eyes, she struggled to stop her rapid breathing, with little success. Her heart was beating faster than ever. Ironic when she might die right here. She felt a cold chill run down her spine from the thought of her own death.

Just where was she? How did she get into such a situation? How is she alive?

Questions flowed in and out of her head. She couldn’t sleep. Suddenly a thought occurred to her. What if some wild animal came to eat her while she was vulnerable? It was a possibility she couldn’t deny. She is almost completely helpless against any sort of threat.

Somehow, a cold piece of truth struck her. There was nothing she could do here. Day won’t break. This was not a normal forest, she knew that already, but the implications that came along with that fact were slowly sinking in. There was no good to staying here.

She pushed herself up from the ground, her wounds silently screamed, but she endured it the best she could. Sleeping gave her a small bit of energy, which was better than nothing, at least. Her limbs felt less heavy, her vision more clear. The pain was still there, but just like her situation in the forest, she’ll have to endure it the best she can.

Before anything else, she approached the source of water. Her throat burned from the inside, she needed to extinguish the pain, even if just a little. There was no telling how long it had been since she had anything to drink.

It was blood red. The water was tainted. It was hard to see, but the water was not clear. Despite her desperation, she was not willing to risk drinking that, it could just make things even worse. With a regretful sigh, she let the water in her hand drip back down into the stream.

Next was getting dressed. She stumbled over to her dress, hanging from her makeshift walking stick. It was a struggle to put the now-dried dress on, with the wound in her stomach, but she managed to do it.

Despite the situation, she couldn’t help brushing her hair to the side after she pulled her dress on. What was that just now? She brushed her hair to the side again, then ran her hand through her bangs, hanging near eye-level. Despite knowing that she was dressed the same as when she first woke up, she couldn’t help the feeling that something was missing. Shaking it off the best she could, she then grabbed the makeshift walking stick that she grabbed earlier.

The girl then stumbled over to the edge of the trench, finding a place with a decently sized rock that she could use for a boost. Standing on the rock, she set her stick on the edge of the trench, over her head, then grabbed a sturdy-feeling rock at the top.

Climbing the trench was even certainly not easy. It was by no means a deep trench in any sense of the definition, but it sure felt that way. Her fingers felt scorched, just lifting her arms up felt like enduring the weight of the sky itself. Pushing herself up felt heavier. For some reason, thinking that hurt a bit, despite knowing that she was very light, even for her age.

With a final pull, she finally got herself out. She spent a few moments just lying there, right next to the trench, resting. She did it, she survived the ordeal. She survived the labor. It was alright, everything was alright for now.

Regaining a bit of her already miniscule stock of energy, she went back to where she first woke up, and grabbed the bag. She had intended to grab it earlier, but forgot about it when one of these trees shrieked at her. With that, she actually has the capacity to hold inventory, even if the bag was in terrible condition, it was better than nothing, after all.

She was prepared; she got everything she could from this desolate place. She was still in a terrible condition, her wounds still unhealed, her stomach empty, her throat parched. Nevertheless, she was alive and that was enough. It was better than nothing, after all.

With her bag and walking stick in hand, and the small bit of energy she recovered by resting, she set off down the visible path. Still frightened, she couldn’t help looking around her, staring in each direction for a brief moment, looking the best she can through the dense forest, with her blurry vision.

After what seemed like 2 or 3 miles of straight stumbling, half walking, and frequent tripping on tiny rocks, the girl tripped on a large object as she was looking behind her. Falling flat on her chest, she quickly turned over and looked behind her at the object.

This is no mysterious object, at first glance, this is a tall, but simple, wooden sign, fallen over across the entire path. She looks down the wooden pole, following it to where it was broken. No, she decides. This wasn’t broken… the stub is too smooth to just be broken. If it was broken, it would be jagged. that’s strange. This means someone or something intentionally cut down this sign.

The girl struggles to stand up, her wounds burning again from the exertion, and leaning on her stick. The sign, had it been standing, would point in 3 directions. The top part points in the direction she came from. “The Trench”. Why would someone mark a trench on a sign? The other 2 directions, straight ahead, it says “The Path”, and pointing to the girl’s left, she notices just now, is another path, which the sign calls “The Cabin”. She must have missed it due to tripping over the sign.

The paths go on too far to see where they lead, and a dense fog she hadn’t noticed before certainly isn’t helping things. The girl starts to wish that she hadn’t had to make a decision, and that there was just a single path to follow. Now things are even more complicated. She brushes her hair back behind her shoulder and prepares to make a decision.

Status: Heavily fatigued, blurred vision, tired, scared, wound on throat, stomach, and back of head.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:55 am

The cabin could give the girl access to food and possibly even utensils to clean up her wounds with. Even better, someone may still be living in the cabin and can assist the girl by calling for help. However, if someone did cut down this sign, it is even more likely that someone is living in the cabin, and unfortunately, is not welcome to strangers. Despite this, it is possible to persuade said person to help the girl to recover and then allow her to leave immediately. After all; if her wounds are not properly tended to, it could easily leave them susceptible to opening again or becoming infected. Going down The Path is unwise without knowing what it is exactly that is beyond there, and if possible, it is for the best that you ask the owner of the cabin for instructions.

The blood-stained water back in the Trench could be a bad sign. It is best to approach the cabin unnoticed, and only if the signal is clear, do you then introduce yourself to the cabin owner. If not, return and instead walk through The Path and find help.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:22 pm

No matter how deep the wounds are, there are several things to do: reinforce your healing, create a weapon, and find or create a shelter (but not a fire, I'll explain why not to.)

1) Have her examine the wooden post and see if it is light enough for her to carry as a weapon.

2) If she decides to investigate, then she must be extremely cautious and pessimistic. However she must accept hospitality if it is offered, her life is possibly on the line in the long run. If her last choice happens to be to engage in conflict (assuming the cabin isn't abandoned,) then she must either kill whoever is in the cabin or she needs to run and go on The Path. If she can, severely injure whoever resides in the cabin til the point where they cannot move, tie them up, and interrogate them and learn about the forest and talk to them about their history.

3) If the cabin is abandoned, then we will have her treat her wounds properly if she can find a first aid kit. When she is done properly tending to her wounds (with medicine,) she should try to barricade the doors/lock the doors, barricade the windows and keep shelter into the cabin until she is done gathering enough resources to continue a long journey. If a sturdy knife is available, that is a top priority, and if matches or flint are available, that is another top priority, and especially if possible filtering tools for water are available that would be nice.

4) I would also advise to continue her temporary stay here until she has gathered enough water to carry in a bag or backpack of some sort (assuming she finds a bag/backpack, if not then she must do this process at least once until a container of some sort is filled.) Either way, she needs some sort of water before she can continue on. When she has scavenged the cabin, she should also camp there for the night and head out immediately the next morning and gather food before she sets out for The Path.
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Noting the tress screaming earlier, the cut down sign, and the fact there's only 3 paths here. The best thing for her to do is to keep moving and not worry about the cabin. If the sign was cut down clearly the person wasn't welcoming people. The trench has bloody water and it's bad so clearly that wasn't from her just falling in. Sorry to say but she's going to need to push on. In her condition there's no time to wait. Not to mention if she waits at the cabin and it becomes hostile with her walking stick and condition and the fact she's young not only would she be caught quickly/easily, it was also just be as easy to overpower her. I say walk the path and ignore the cabin completely. A cabin in a mysterious woods? Yeah no good has ever come from those.
Back to top Go down
Trailblazer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Trailblazer

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:17 am

Given how long she's walked and how well the trench went the last time, I'd have to say it'd be in her best interest to go down the path leading to the cabin. However, she should make her way there with the intent of not being seen. While the path may lead to somewhere better than a mere cabin, this isn't the time to be thinking about such things. She hasn't had food or water in god knows how long, and she could very well die of starvation or dehydration if she can't feed herself. Furthermore, the cabin may bring supplies such as medicine or light sources. But who knows who may or may not be there, so it'd be best to tread cautiously down that path(the fog would also help with this). She should stay out of sight, maybe wait a little while if she can to see if anyone's there. At that point, assuming either no one can be seen or they seem docile enough, either a. sneak in or b. knock on the door depending on which was the case.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:34 am

At the split decision moment, the posts disagreed, so a choice had to be made. Since 2/3 selected going to the cabin, and 1/3 said to go off into the unknown, I went with the cabin decision.

“It’s too heavy...” She remarked, letting go of the sign. It wasn’t possible to pick up the fallen sign. Which was a real shame, because it looked a fair bit sturdier than the makeshift walking stick. Were wooden signs always this heavy? Or was she just too tired? She doesn’t know.

Abandoning the sign, she looked to the left, to ‘The Cabin’. Her head weighed heavily on her, she felt a dull sensation, which prevented her from thinking too hard, so she didn’t, and followed the path. There’s a cabin ahead, there might be first-aid, or water. That possibility was enough for her to keep on moving.

“What if someone’s there?” She tried hard not to think, but it was a possibility she couldn’t deny. If it was someone who’d be willing to nurse her back, that would be great, but no sane person would live in a forest like this. Maybe a serial killer. What if there’s a serial killer lodging in the cabin ahead?

No, paranoia won’t get her anywhere. She was close to dying anyways, it was worth the gamble.

Despite her condition, she did her best to walk towards it without looking awkward or noticeable. Luckily, it was the middle of the night, so she wasn’t the most visible thing, or person, in the forest. She got close enough to get a good look.
The Cabin:

The cabin was familiar, even though she can’t recall anything familiar about it. This was not the first time she saw this cabin, she felt.

It was a rather large cabin, with 3 windows on the front porch, raised up on wooden legs. Looked like it was in perfect condition, despite having an old-time look to it.

As she stared straight at the cabin from across the grass, her head began to pound heavily. A bright light seemed to grow before her eyes.

When the bright light faded, she could see herself sitting on the front porch of the cabin, writing on in the pages of a black notebook. She couldn’t see what she was writing, but she seemed to be concentrating deeply.

Before she could see more, she was suddenly in front of the cabin again, leaning on her stick and holding her throbbing head. The girl quickly shook her head, and not wasting any more time, made her way over to the cabin.

Standing on her tip toes, she looked through the windows of the cabin, and saw nothing. No, she could see the wooden floor, but there was no furniture. She struggled to get to the next window and looked through it just as the previous one, nothing as well. On the third window, she saw a bed. Just a bed. No pillows, no sheets, just that. It was enough proof that someone lived here at some point, but she couldn’t shake off the strange feeling she’s getting.

She approached the door. Someone may have lived here, but it looks reasonably abandoned, which was good enough, she can break in without feeling too guilty. She hoped the door was open, or else she’d have to climb through the windows, which would probably open her stomach wound again.

It was closed, as doors should be, but strangely enough, there was no lock. She could easily open it. It was a small stroke of good luck, compared to her dubious situation.

She shoved the door open and stepped inside. A small amount of dust stirred, causing her to sneeze. Despite seeing nobody, she mumbled to herself into the empty room, “Excuse me”. Again, she felt a nostalgic sensation of deja vu. She also felt that the cabin wasn’t empty. She couldn’t tell if someone was inside, but she did not feel lonely.

She looked around the room. There was a fireplace that wasn’t visible from the windows. It had some ashes in it, probably not worth checking. She’ll examine it later.

Water. More than anything else, she needed water. She hastily stumbled her way to what looked like the kitchen. There she rushed to the sink, and turned on the tap. Water was running here. She cupped her hands and brought the water to her face. It didn’t smell and it was colorless. It had to be good enough.

“Oh wait.” She washed her hands with the water. The red stains and dirt particles washed off, and she felt a tad bit more clean. Then she took a gulp. It was extremely refreshing, even if the temperature was lukewarm, it tasted like rubber hose, and didn’t feel good at all. It was water, and it was amazing.

She drank a few more gulps, enough to quench her thirst. Then she washed her face. Again, red and brown bits flowed down through the sink. She felt as if she was reborn again. Water truly was the pinnacle of all life.

She had no towel to clean or dry herself, but it was fine. She wanted to feel the wet sensation of life on her face just a bit longer.

Now a reborn woman, her eyes didn’t feel quite as heavy. She looked around the kitchen. No furniture. Opened the cabinets. Nothing. She wasn’t too hungry yet, so it was okay. At least she was alive. She felt alive now.

She walked out to the hallway. It was also dark, and strangely spacious. Strange. Just like everything else she encountered so far. There were two rooms, and a bathroom. Entering the first room, she noticed a closet. It wasn’t visible from the window either.

“These dresses...they fit me.” Inside the closet are dresses of various shades and design, all catering to her fashionable tastes. She glanced at the now-ruined dress she was wearing, and could feel her soul breaking a little. Maybe she should get changed. Later. If someone was watching her right now, she’d want to look at least passable for her audience, but dressing up can come after she’s explored the rest of the house.

Entering the second room, she found it to be the room with the empty bed. She saw a desk and nothing else. Inside the lower drawer was a black hairclip with an orange pumpkin-shaped insignia on it. It was spooky, and once again, familiar-seeming.

As she stared down at the hair clip in her palm, her head began to pound painfully, and a bright light began to grow before her eyes.

Suddenly, she could see herself sitting next to the fire place in the first room she entered in the cabin. She had her legs crossed, and the notebook in her lap. She saw herself look up as a man entered the room.

“You’re going to need to give that back to daddy.”
The man said, before bending down and reaching for the girl’s hair clip.
“Why, daddy? When will I get it back?”
She asked, confused.
“I don’t know. I need it for my work.”
He said, bending down and grabbing it.
“No, daddy why?! Please, you’ve taken everything else, and never given them back!”
She said, with tears in her eyes, grabbing his hand before he can take her hair clip.
“Now, don’t be disobedient!”
He yelled at her, slapping her across the face with the back of his hand
“D-daddy, please! You haven’t given my necklace back in 3 years!”
She began to cry, and continued to hold his hand on her head, despite the bruise that has appeared on her cheek.
“I needs it for my research. Now, be a good little girl and LET GO!”
He shouted at her as he slapped her again, with his palm this time, jerking the hair clip away with the his other hand, taking several strands of hair along with it.

Before her eyes, the scene was suddenly gone. She felt a tear roll down her cheek, before she looked around the empty room. She couldn’t help but smile as she placed the hair clip in her hair, right where she knew it belonged. This hair clip was definitely something special to her.

Finding nothing else of value, the girl stumbled out of the room and into the hallway, then moving into the next room.

This room was a bathroom, she found that, water running aside, there was also a shower, a sink, and a mirror. The girl turned, looking into the mirror at her reflection. Her hair was long, blond, and wavy. She had extremely pale, smooth skin. She touched her hand to her right cheek, then slowly ran it down to her neck, pulling the fabric down, and inspecting the gash closely.

No wonder it wasn’t fatal, it’s only barely enough to cause her to bleed. whoever, or whatever caused that gash must not have been experienced at killing things. The girl then pulled the fabric back into place.

Her eyes… she has 2 different colored eyes. She blinked several times at her reflection, wondering if her eyes had always been that way. Of course they had. She felt silly for questioning it. One doesn’t simply change their eye color...

The girl turned away from the mirror before noticing something sticking out from behind it. The notebook from her ominous flashbacks. She could feel her heart racing again as she pulled it out from behind the mirror and flipped it over. On the back cover were the words ‘RIGHT’ messily scribbled onto it. Right, as in, take the right way? She did follow left to reach this cabin after all…No matter. She tucked the notebook beneath her arm.

Status: extremely fatigued, slightly less blurred vision, very tired, wound on throat, stomach, and back of head. Feeling slightly hopeful.

Last edited by Pumpkin Row on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Search the house a little bit more for first aid. You still have a large stomach wound you need to tend to. Maybe after everything has been said and done, you can look inside the notebook and check if there's something worth looking at inside.
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:35 am

slap yourself a few times
then search for food, even if she's not hungry now she will need it later. And yes, dress up and bandage yourself with some clothing materials, ripping them off is fine.
I don't see why exploring the house must come first, you might not be able to even come back here.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 1:33 pm

If she feels strong enough go clean up. Shower or something and then apply new first aid. Then search the house even more closely. Tools, supplies, food? whatever is there take. Make sure whatever you take isn't too heavy. Before leaving I'd rest up some more or read the notebook or both while she's still there with cover. While before the last direction i listed she should plan a way to get out quickly in case something happens at this cabin.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Search house again for anything useful, check fire place and see if you can start a fire, put something to block the door and make sure windows are locked then rest and leave the notebook till later, she should at least get a nap before more PTSDaddy issues.
Back to top Go down
Trailblazer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Trailblazer

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:24 pm

read the notebook to see if you gave yourself less vague directions
continue to not fuck up
dry yourself off
look for some first-aid equipment
attempt to not fuck that up
see if you can find any light sources/food/equipment you'd be able to take outside
find something better to move around in than a dress if possible
see if the fireplace is of use without fucking up
search for any sign of anyone being in the cabin recently
if not, still try to find a way to blockade the door(s) just to be safe
go the fuck to sleep
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:07 pm

There were many things she could do right then. For one, the mysterious notebook that she hadn’t checked the contents of, yet. Perhaps there were clues to her identity, inside, that may be important. There was also the fireplace from earlier, there could be something buried under the ash and soot. She could even search harder for first aid, since gaping stomach and neck wounds are actually rather fatal, or rather, it sure felt that way. She walked from a trench to this cabin, but she might not be able to walk much further. She could be dying this very second.

But first, a bath.

Excitedly she stumbled her way back to the wardrobe drawer, slammed it open, and picked out a random dress. They all suited her great taste, a fact she felt like thinking about again. It was a simple white one-piece dress, with a short enough skirt that it wasn’t difficult to move around. White stained easily, but it looked nice so she brought it along with her to the bath. She also brought along a towel, which was conveniently in the wardrobe drawer as well.

The girl then slipped off her dirty, ripped dress and dropped it on the floor. She would probably never get to see it in perfect condition again, which saddened her deeply. She then removed her remaining clothing, also dropping those on the floor. There were replacements in the drawer with the dresses.

She stepped into the shower and turned on the water. As water started flowing, she remembered something. Water on wounds, that’s gotta hurt. She screamed, trying to close the water tap. It was too late, the water hit her, contact was made. It flowed down her curves and grazed the stomach wound. She closed her eyes, preparing for the jolt of pain.

“Hm?” It didn’t hurt. The pleasant sensation of liquid flowing down from her continued, there was no stinging pain. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes and looked down.

The wound, it was healing. Slowly but surely, the wound closed itself as water touched it. It was a magical sight, seeing regeneration before her eyes.

“Wait, really?”
She bowed her head down and let the shower water hit her neck wound. She then rushed out and looked at the mirror. The neck wound, it looked better, and her head no longer throbbed from pain. Water was healing her.

It wasn’t just the forest, it seems this cabin was also not normal. Was she stuck in Wonderland or somewhere of the sort?

“It doesn’t hurt...my wounds don’t hurt!” Surprised by the miracle, she ran her hands along her smooth skin in the places the wounds were previously present. The pain wasn’t coming. She was healed.

“Well, this was certainly unexpected.” She continued her bath. Along with her first gulp of water earlier, it was the best sensation she has ever felt, in her entire life, that she could remember at least.

After a few moments, she dried herself off and got dressed. Looking over herself in the mirror again, she approved of what she saw. Her appearance was much cleaner, and more energetic. Water was the pinnacle of all life, but maybe it actually was. Then again, the dirty water back in the forest didn’t heal her. Maybe it has to be clean water. Or water from this cabin.

She slapped herself on the cheeks. The slight stinging pain felt good, but more importantly, she could feel again. She felt clear, her mind was clear, everything was clear, although she still felt tired. A shame that water doesn’t give her energy. Maybe there’s food in the cabin.

With that done, she headed back to the bedroom and sat down on the bed. She noticed a small amount of dust on the floor. Not so much, but enough to tell it hasn’t been cleaned for a while. She quickly brushed her foot across the floor, kicking up a cloud of dust, then staring at it as it slowly dissipated.

She then held the notebook in front of her, staring at it intently.

“Hmm… now is as good a time as any...” She flipped it open. It was blank. She briefly flipped through every page. And then she did it again. It was still blank. Clean white paper. There were signs of many, many pages neatly removed, but the notebook itself was blank.

She was optimistic and hoped there was something inside, but she didn’t feel too down from finding nothing. Really. Either way, it was a notebook she could write stuff in, it was bound to be useful at some point or another.

Next was the fireplace. She stuck her walking stick inside to feel if anything’s there.

As she moved her stick around through the ashes and soot, she felt something hollow bump against her stick. She quickly swished her stick back to where it was to find the object again, and once she hit it, used her stick to knock it out of the pile. A water bottle rolled across the floor, bumping against her foot.

She cocked her head at the site of the bottle. “I think this could be extremely useful.” she says, before stooping down and picking up the bottle. She then made her way to the kitchen and used the sink to clean the bottle, before filling it up and putting the cap back on.

“I guess I should sleep now.”
Fatigue was coming back to her again, now she was saying things out loud to no one in particular. Before that though, she tried to barricade the cabin as much as she could. Who knows what danger lies outside?

She wanted to despair. There was no lock on the front door, or any of the windows. There was really nothing to barricade herself with, and even if there was, the front door swings outward. She could go sleep in the bathroom, but then there was no escape route.

Back in the bedroom, she moved around the bed to the other side, and used all of her strength to push the, luckily small, bed to a corner far away from the window. With that task now finished, she pushed the desk out of the closet, and against the door. It was barely anything, but she really needed some sleep, preferably on a bed.

She laid the items she collected from around the house next to her on the floor. A walking stick. A plastic bag. A notebook. Her old ragtag dress to use as emergency bandages. A towel. A bottle of water. She packed these(except the walking stick) back into the plastic bag. Luckily the bag seemed to be holding well.
Finally deciding she could withstand being awake for no longer, she relented and climbed into the welcoming embrace of the small bed.

Whilst lying there, the world seemed larger somehow. Backed up into the corner, her perspective of the large empty room was even more unnerving. The soft glow of the moonlight outlining the her bag of items that she had laid out on the floor did little to comfort her unease. The expanse of moonlit floorboard appeared more of an alien landscape than she had at first realized.

She shook her head to dispel the effects of her fatigue, and her surroundings, and pulled the sheets up to her nose; as if they would surely protect her from what was about to come.

Tat-tat-tat.

The sound, at first, was almost calming.

Tat-tat-tat.

Determined to believe that it was the wind, she steeled herself and tried not to look at the window.

Tat-tat-tat.

The noise echoed and carried well across the sparse wooden floor.

Tat-tat-tat.

Between the knocks, she realized she could not sleep with this going on in the background. With a mounting fear, she got out of bed and started slowly walking towards the window, avoiding her bag of items on the floor, to make as little sound as possible. The quietness of her creeping only accentuated the inevitable sound.

Tat-tat-tat.

Shivering, she paused for a moment before making her way to the window. Peering outside, she saw nothing. Seconds passed, and there was no tapping. Unable to decide if this had made her feel more or less frightened, she relented and returned across the room to bed. Within moments, she had entered a troubled sleep.

The nightmare that followed could not have been more predictable. Alone in the bed, the first thing she noticed was how alone she was - both in the room, and her small bed occupying the isolated corner. The next thing she noticed was the red, ominous, glow emanating from the window. Where before there was soothing moonlight, there was now only this hellish picture before her.

Tat-tat-tat.

Silence. Seconds passed.

Tat-tat-tat.

Eyes glued on the window, she gripped her sheets tight.

Tat-tat-tat.

In her terror, her mind searched for an escape. Instinctively, she immediately pinched her arm hard enough to draw blood in a desperate attempt to wake up. Moments passed, and there she was. Still sitting, basking in the horrifying red glow of the empty, cold, room.

Tat-tat-tat.

Something was at the window, and she was not sleeping.

Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:20 pm

WATER TRULY IS THE PINNACLE OF ALL LIFE!

That aside.. Grab your stuff and go hide in the bathroom, if it's outside then there's no point going out of the cabin, but she can at least go somewhere slightly safer.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:40 pm

I don't think I can add anything to what Ali posted above, but as a side note, might want to find something to write in your notebook with.
Back to top Go down
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 am

determine if the "something" detected you using sight or smell or hearing
sight:hide, and if the creature does break in try and escape without it noticing, alternatively find something deadly to either set up as a trap or try and defeat it
smell:leave your dress on the opposite exit as the one you will be trying to escape from, and try to erase your smell by washing yourself
hearing:breath as quietly as possible, assuming the door will definitely make cracking sounds, you should make a distraction while trying to escape
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.   The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Writing Game: Final try... maybe... probably... I dunno.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next