World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X Empty
PostSubject: FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X   FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 2:56 am

FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X Xpayxnu
Am I even using the word editorial correctly?

So it has been forever since the last FGN and so I decide to do this as something to pass the time and speak my mind. FGN will come back eventually and there might be more of these FGN Editorials, hell I might do another character overview like I did Juri and whatever her face was in whatever Touhou game it was. So plan to read things that mildly interest you or not interest you at all.

Mortal Kombat X has been out for about a week and I've been playing about everyday to where I feel comfortable talking about it here and not feeling like a complete scrub. I love this game so much! So for those who have no idea what Mortal Kombat X is it is the 10th main game of the Mortal Kombat series that is known for it's blood and gore with the magic of Fatalities, gruesome finishers that you can preform at the end of the match. It is also a western fighter made by NetherRealm Studios and is the biggest western fighter. Mortal Kombat X has added new characters and a variation system that lets you pick from three different variations of a character which brings the total roster with all variations to a whooping 75.

Leave it to the community to find plenty of high damage combos after only a week of playing and the tournament players found high damage combos after only two days of playing. All the characters can do high damage but there are some crazy (and almost impossible) combos like this Kotal Kahn combo from Hro Kahn that deals 121% damage.

While you can't tell the tiers for any game after only a week Mortal Kombat X is so hard to make a tier list for. Not just for the fact there are so many characters and variations but for the fact almost EVERYONE is playing Scorpion and Sub-Zero so we don't know about every character. As of now pretty much all of Scorpion's variations are considered good as well as Takeda's variations. My three characters are Kano (Commando), Quan Chi (Warlock), Cassie Cage (Hollywood).

The controls feel really good and the character design and stage designs are great. The new characters that NetherRealm created are really good and unique and almost all of them are likable. The combos are harder to pull off than in other NetherRealm games but it is not impossible. The block button is back which throws everyone off and you can run with the run button. I enjoy this gameplay from Mortal Kombat X the most.

Time for things I don't like. The Krypt is cool in concept but I hate the idea that they added jump scares. I don't hate jump scares (Unless the game is nothing but jump scares it gets old fast.) but there is not point to have jump scares in what is basically your store in the game. They may give you more koins for killing the spiders and wolves that jump out at you and their not scary in anyway but they are a bother, this is more of a nitpick if anything. Another I hate is the dumb requirements to unlock some of the outfits mainly the Mortal Kombat X MOBILE costumes that require you to play their dumb mobile game which STILL ISN'T ON GOOGLE PLAY FOR AMERICA! So if you have an iOS device lucky you. You get to unlock costumes like Farmer Jax and...Ninja Mime Johnny Cage. I only want to get the mobile game to unlock Klassic Kitana and Mileena.

Mortal Kombat X has DLC like a lot of fighter now but it is a mixed bag of DLC that seems good and DLC that seems...pointless. The Kombat Pack is the MKX version of the season pass that companies seem to enjoy doing now and cost you $29.99 USD. The Kombat Pack has four characters and three costumes that'll come out with the new characters. The Kombat Pack is actually four packs.

The Ultimate Horror Pack:
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1:
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack:
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2:
Playable character Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

There are other costume DLC coming out like Revolutionary Kano and if you buy the Kombat Pack you get the Samurai Pack which has skins for Shinnok, Kenshi and Kitana. The DLC I'm most excited for is the Predator Pack because I love the first two Predator films and I can't wait to play as the Predator!

So this ends the first FGN Editorial, more to come maybe. So if you have played or seen anything of Mortal Kombat X talk about the things you like and don't like or list for favorite and least favorite characters. I'm out, farewell.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz

FGN Editorial: Mortal Kombat X
Page 1 of 1