World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I tried some anime this fall!

Go down 
+2
danna45
Nour Force
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

I tried some anime this fall! Empty
PostSubject: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:49 am

I only watched one episode of each!

*3-gatsu no Lion: The art is beautiful, the story/storytelling is more of a "show, don't tell" which sure isn't SHAFT is a little weird to me, plus there weren't m/any head tilts. This tilts me. Also has Bump of Chicken OP/ED.

All Out!!: Short guy and tall guy join rugby, didn't get to see any actual playing yet in one episode :c itsok

Bloodivores: Based on some Chinese thing, it's about vampires and a bunch of characters who go to jail or something, I don't know, it didn't tell me much e.e

*Bungou Stray Dogs S2: Dan heard my complaints! Who else cares about Bungou?!

*Cheating Craft: It's so stupid, I love it. It's this kind of exaggerated shounen (redundant?) anime about cheating.

*ClassicaLoid: A O T S A O T S ITS BY THE GUY WHO MADE GINTAMA AND FIRST EPISODE IS ABOUT SUGITA-VOICED BEETHOVEN MAKING GYOZA WITH HIS FRIEND MOZART THEN HE DECIDES TO USE THE POWER OF MUSIQUE TO MAKE EVERYONE DANCE AND ROBOTS SHOWED UP AND THEN IT'S LIKE YEAH BEETHOVEN IS THIS TERRORIST OR ESCAPED FROM SOMETHING OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW AIFWOIFNWAEOIFNUWEFNAWFN AOTS A O T S

Drifters: Well I heard it turns out to be some battle royale... I don't really care about the art style but I'm not entirely sold on samurais and other historical figures

*Flip Flappers: Flip Flappers is just delightful and sweet. I don't see why you'd compare it to Trigger; this is just... so nice and comfy.

Keijo!!!!!!!! (How many exclamation marks?): For an anime about fighting using boobs and butt it actually isn't that impressive and it's strangely serious...

Lostorage Incited WIXOSS: I don't really think it has the same charm as Selector Infected? Or maybe it does, but I feel like I'm more aware of the gimmicks; it has to do something unique to be interesting. No, coins are not enough.

Nanbaka: I watched this because I misread "23" for "8" somehow, and I thought I'm ok with spending 8 minutes on this. So uh... dammit dyslexia. Art is vibrant I guess. Jokes could be better.

*Occultic;Nine: Yooooooooooo this was neat, super neat; I hope every episode is as good as the first because it was pretty interesting.

Shuumatsu no Izetta: I don't really know where they're going to take a princess and a magic girl but... it seems promising I guess? Princess is better than asshime anyway.

Time Bokan 24: very random thing

*Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari: So from one episode, I'm kinda getting Barakamon vibes; the atmosphere is relaxing and "Young guy moves to the countryside, encounters a stray child, adventures ensue." this one might have udon cooking adventures though!!! It's nice.

*Yuri!!! on Ice: I really loved the yuri in this episode, it was a little too lewd at times but by the end of the day it was great. I especially loved Nikiforov's last scene in episode one, she was the cutest!!! Errrrr, but it's pretty great too.

I'm sure commentary is 10/10, no need to tell me.

So, what did you watch? What do you think of this season?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Why make a new thread instead of you know, posting in the fall thread

but alright let's roll

3gatsu - kinda unimpressive. I like that it's not too SHAFTy bot a SHAFT show but it was eh
ALL OUT - sports show no 1. if this wasn't madhouse i'd have dropped it by now. again, unimpressive. OP song is great though.
stray dogs - like i'm gonna catch up. maybe just to see the new OP/ED, later
digimon - where the fuck is digimon? anichart says its airing ep 4 soon, what the fuck?
Flip Flappers - Really fun show, even though the style is a lot like Trigger. Two episodes in and it's still mostly incomprehensible but has barely enough coherency that I can accept it. It's great. Cocona is great. ED is great. OP is not quite as great but still pretty nice.
Gi(a)rlish Number - Why the (a) I don't know but another really good one. Either this or FF will be my AOTS. I want to scramble Chitose's eggs.
Hibikek 2 - It's Kyoani, it's Hibikek, it's as fun as I remember it. Teenage band drama.
Keijo - sports anime...I feel I should be digging this mroe but I don't. The second episode was a little better than the first but I'm not wowed by it.
Gundam - It's alright, new gundam season, more Okada. OP is Spyair and it's kinda nice I guess.
WIXOSS - A step below my two AOTS contenders but I'm really liking this one too. Feels more solid than infected right off the get-go but I kinda want my Okada-tier twists regardless. Mel the qtest.
Ikusei - I liked the first ep and how mahou shoujo it felt, but now that it's gotten dark it's kinda boring, like a madoka ripoff that isn't executed as well. Not holding out on it.
Occultic;Nine - I find myself really hoping the erratic pacing isn't just a one-time deal. This sorta over-the-top bombastic directing style is pretty fun. Ryotastits are amazing too.
Takkyu Musume - Sports show...and probably my favorite of the lot. It's a cute girls doing cute things show with ping pong and it's actually kinda nice. The ace girl's jealousy and MC's talent and experience(instead of being a total newbie who just has a lot of potential) felt refreshing.
Izetta - Aired earlier than other shows so I was impressed, but now with other shows to be impressed by this one'll have to do better. Could be p' great though.
Stella no Mahou - Hoping it's more educational than New Game but conceptually I like it.
WWW.WORKING - it feels cheaper, more boring, and i'm gonna continue following it because that's what working does. made me smile stupidly regardless. i still really miss yamada though.
yaoi onsen - really gay, but its not too bad. viktor's coolio. still really gay tho.
tawawa on monday - god those tits
Back to top Go down
Mirasi
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mirasi

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Mirasi / Sexy Neko

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 5:10 am

>Keijo
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 5:56 pm

i'm bored post tier lists

God tier:
Gi(a)rlish Number

Questionably as god tier:
Flip Flappers

Almost questionably as god tier:
WIXOSS
Occultic;nine

breddy gud tier:
Izetta
Hibikek
Takkyu Musume
Yaoi Onsen
Gundam
tawawa

alrighto tier:
3gatsu
ALL OUT
Keijo
Stella no Mahou
wwwworking

eh:
ikusei(second ep onwards)
stray dogs
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 am

Going by a 3 episode rule I'm all in on Drifters. I may or may not watch other anime this season but I'll update this post if I do.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 9:22 am

I tried some anime this fall! Latest?cb=20161023153443RWBY Volume 4.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Unknown wrote:
Some anime this fall
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Nour Force wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Some anime this fall

People consider it anime, just let it slide.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Am I the only one hyped for Desert Knight here?
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 1:54 am

official danna tier list ft. november 5th
GODTIER
girlish
flipflap
ping pong girls

ALMOST AS GOD TIER
hibike

nearly ALMOST AS GOD TIER
WIXOSS

damn good tier
gundam
drifters
dictionary animu
o;9

alrighto tier
yaoi onsen
tawawa
stella no mahou

ehhhhhhhh
bungou
bernard
all out
whatever else i dont care for
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Silver wrote:
Yeah, probably. o.o
danna45 wrote:
GODTIER
girlish
flipflap
ping pong girls
Really? Ping Pong Girls is godtier?
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Nour Force wrote:
Silver wrote:
Yeah, probably. o.o
danna45 wrote:
GODTIER
girlish
flipflap
ping pong girls
Really? Ping Pong Girls is godtier?
I'm genuinely scared of how quickly Ping Pong Girls rose through my favorites list. It had an okay first two episodes but by episode three I was fucking shouting in insane hype. It's much more of an actual sports show than Ping Pong but it also conveys its character motivations in the realm of competitive sports pretty well. And both the animation and direction of the matches are easy to follow and well-done. And it still has time to give us girls wearing cat ears if they lose. Really, you just have to get past one of the characters being named bigbreasts bigbreasts and you're set. This show is fucking sports to its core, it's by far the best sports show this season.

Hell, I think if all 3 shows' episodes came out on the same day, the first I would watch would be Ping Pong Girls.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 2:20 am

Cheating Craft, 3-gatsu no Lion, and Izetta ignored for now because I'm too lazy to watch things c:

All Out!!: It's pretty ehhhhh but I'll still watch it a bit longer

Bloodivores: Dropped. Stop being stupid, please. ;w; The first episode was okaaay I guess then it turned into Alien Swarm or something with molesters and guns and monsters and people dying and spooky blood magic idk

Bungou Stray Dogs S2: Alright, the first four episodes were pretty great. The rest... is back to normal I guess but I like this romance of the three kingdoms they've got going on or whatever (Guild, Port Mafia, tanteisha/dazai and the rest) even if they're still being really stupid about things. By the way, she killed 35 people and he was kicked out of an orphanage.

ClassicaLoid: OK I STILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT THE FIRST EPISODE WAS GREAT now it's stupid but I'm still watching uh... Mozart and his mother, errr... poot. Tchaikovsky best girl? idk, it's really stupid and I've considered dropping it but somehow I'm still watching.

Drifters: Alright, preeeetty cool stuff, really. Highly recommended. MC is a cool madman.

Flip Flappers: AND THIS IS ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, BUT FOR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REASONS. THIS IS NICE AND SWEET AND KINDA TRIPPY BUT ALSO AMAZING.

Gi(a)rlish Number: I mean it's ok :/ first episode got me interested and was pretty great but ehhh it's just ok imo

Keijo!!!!!!!! (Eight exclamation marks): Dropped. idk, butt-walking, calculated buttvolley, and vacuum butt cannons... somehow don't amaze me. Keijojo is more interesting.

Lostorage Incited WIXOSS: ALRIGHT DAN. NO. IT'S NOT THAT INTERESTING, OK? I STILL LIKE RUUKO MORE. NO. I DON'T LIKE THE TIMID MC OR SHIITOSE. THE LRIGS ARE ALL BEST GIRLS. I KNOW THE LRIG PLOT TWIST, OK? GIVE ME BIGGER PLOT TWISTS.

Nanbaka: Same as ClassicaLoid, it's stupid and kinda gay and I wouldn't recommend it but I'm still watching this... I really do have shittaste, don't I........

Occultic;Nine: Interesting stuff, really. Caan't really say much more. Doesn't keep the same pace as the first episode but it's still cool.

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari: Alright soooooooooo, in Barakamon you'd have Handa playing with kids and stuff and at the last minute or two he's like "yeaaah this happy funtime made my calligraphy/life better =)" ok so Udon is the opposite? The first minute or two is playing with Poco and stuff and the rest of the time is "yes I am very happy with this child, and I shall continue to reminisce with my friends for 10 minutes and tell them the joys of this child for another 10" Barakamon is much better.

WWW.Working!!: It's also ok :s not quite the same as good ole Katanashi but it's... a decent anime on its own.

Yuri!!! on Ice: YOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPISODE 7 YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEME OF THE SEASON BEST MAPPA MAKING HISTORY WOOOOOOOOOO YEAHEAHAAAHAAAAAAAA

Ao Oni animation is stupid and Bernard-jou iwaku is neat. Disappointed by Tawawa.

Err, tiers tiers, errrrr, copying danna

GODTIER
#1 yuri on ice, what did you expect?

ALMOST AS GOD TIER
flipflap
drifters

damn good tier
Occultic;Nine

i'm really telling you this season was horrible from the start tier-- maybe anime is getting worse!!! "tier"
bernard
bungou
Udon no Kuni
WIXOSS
WWW.Working!!

I've considered dropping this-- tier
Gi(a)rlish Number by Watari Wataru
classicaloid
all out
Nanbaka

OP of the season goes to Yuri!!!, ED goes to Flip Flappers
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 4:58 am

I tried some anime this fall! Yurionice38
I tried some anime this fall! A4924492af3a40fd88ed8367d8211645

Is this why anime is dying?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I tried some anime this fall!   I tried some anime this fall! Empty

Back to top Go down

I tried some anime this fall!
Page 1 of 1