World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So if I DMed a campaign...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

So if I DMed a campaign... Empty
PostSubject: So if I DMed a campaign...   So if I DMed a campaign... EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Would anyone play it? I realize we have like a million sessions going on that I'm not entirely aware of but I thought I'd pitch it anyways as it's something I offered and wanted to do since we started.

I had a RL friend who was supposed to come down and play D&D with the household but that fell through and he won't be available to visit anytime soon due to a lot of things. (Including living a airplane ticket away and having a son due soon) No one really wants to do it with a three man party here so that leaves me with like a week's worth of custom maps and documents.

It's a pretty vanilla fantasy campaign with a focus of RPing and player direction. I also have infinite time at any time now that I'm moved in so that should be pretty non-issue.

SO YEA. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: So if I DMed a campaign...   So if I DMed a campaign... EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Tbh I've been planning a campaign too, it might get a bit much having so many things going on but I am definitely interested. Though if this goes through we'll probably have to at least
drop the tower of d00m thing, right?

Also I could drop mine, I don't think I really have the experience to do it that well anyway, but I'm pretty into it so far.

Anyway basically Yeah I'm game.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: So if I DMed a campaign...   So if I DMed a campaign... EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 1:42 am

Just so it's on record here rather than gone forever in cbox these have been my general ground rules but I am flexible to what people want that makes it the most fun for them;

Because it is written to be heavily driven by player motivation with a weaker over-arcing plot that's flexible it's important that characters motivations for sticking together as a group are clear and strong enough to remain a group. I do not mind if the excuse is grand enough to have some sort of small world impact by creating your own cause to be together of by literally going "Lol we're friends."

I'm incredibly flexible with races and backgrounds (especially backgrounds, I encourage you not to pick one from the book unless you really feel like it) and pretty flexible about classes... this means if thematically you can explain to me a custom class I could allow it, but I don't allow things for power's sake.

Unless you can explain why it is thematically correct for your character and isn't deemed a broken choice, feat taking variant humans are not allowed.

I do not do inspiration or critical fumbles.

As a group we will need to decide if we roll for our stats or will use a "point-buy" system to decide starting stats... I'm kind of a stickler on stat rolling so if we do that I'd probably jump in Roll20 with the person as it happens to confirm stats.

Multiclassing is allowed and will function as it does out of the book BUT to multiclass you must seek out an expert in the class (generally an NPC) and learn from them.

Anything else important if I remember I'll post but I figured this was important to the idea of how I tend to run campaigns.

Last edited by Kitouski on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: So if I DMed a campaign...   So if I DMed a campaign... EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:13 pm

We'll be deciding stats using the point-buy system.

http://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html

You'll want to change your maximum points to 30 instead of 27 within the "house rules" tab. From there you can select how many of what stats you want, essentially "buying" them. Stats are to be between 8 and 15 but ONE stat can be lower and ONE stat can be higher, 6 being the lowest and 18 being the max. You can change the maximum and minimum in house rules as well so you can properly tell how many points you earn going lower than 8 and the costs past 15.

I am available to start Monday and forward and would like to know what time is best for everyone. I don't have a great grasp on what time the main people who would like to play are on but it seems to be around anywhere from 4am to 3pm my time. (Pacific Standard Time) I can play literally anytime though so if this assumption is wrong let me know.

The roll20 room will be,

https://app.roll20.net/join/2121081/d-c3eQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So if I DMed a campaign...   So if I DMed a campaign... Empty

Back to top Go down

So if I DMed a campaign...
Page 1 of 1