World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Priority-Theories

Go down 
+5
AsianShadow
Minako
☆_Nemlim_☆
7h3 J0|{3r
Neku Sakuraba
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Well,i had nothing more to do(like always) and then i got wondering,"why priority wasn't taken away?"
and i thought,"why not ask to the fellow members of WDA" so the purpose of this post is to know your theories or ideas on why priority wasn't taken away

well,to start off,here is my theory

The thing is,your only weapon against priority these days is solemn warning and judgment,since they are spell speed 3,but,think about this,if priority is gone,a BTH/trap hole would be as good as a solemn warning/judgment,since they would not be able to chain BRD or things like that and people would start off buying BTH or trap hole instead of solemn warning,and in america(i don't know about Europe) solemn warning is only Ultra Rare rarity,so this would mean a drop in sales on that card,i don't mention judgment too much here since the Structure Deck Lost Sanctuary already have judgment in common rarity

well,thats what i think,i would like to know what do you think on this matter
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Jokercard

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm

I think it was also because cards that say negate the summon or negate the special summon, so cards like the solems, Rai-oh and others would be useless for that part of their effect, if BTH does the saem job and doesnt cost you lifepoints or a monster then whats the point of even having them, aside from Rai-oh effect that stops cards from being added to your hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 pm

priority isn't going anywhere because it tells you who have the right to make a move.were priority to be gone, neither player would be able to make any move i believe.

also being spell-speed 3 had nothing to do with SW and SJ from stoping your opponent's priority to activate their monster's effect. it's because they negate the summon. a spell-speed 3 card like intercept wouldn't hinder the turn player to activate their Overdrive Teleporter's effect.

also even under the new priority ruling(which seems to be called new ignition ruling), there's no disrepancy on how blackrose's effect would work against bottomless trap hole since BRD's 1st effect is trigger-effect.

and... yeah, sorry for not answering your question.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

BRD's destruction effect is a trigger effect. She won't be affected by the new rule change. WE ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE PRIORITY. Prio is simply how we determine who can make a move and when. The only thing that will change is ignition effects. They will no longer have the ability to activate upon their summon. However trigger effects will still trigger upon their summon. If you can't tell the difference then look at the cards. Monsters that say "when this card is normal summoned" means that the effect triggers upon their summon. They won't be affected by this rule change. Cards whose effects can be activated at anytime during the main phase are ignation effects. GK Des, chaos, dad, JD, lonefire, et cetera. Those are the cards that will be affected.

The reason it hasn't happened yet is most likely an event that is about to take place. Changing the rules just before an event or during one would cause loads of confusion. Not to mention it'd make some decks weaker which would piss people off who designed their decks around their prio to use ign effects. Odds are the rule will change soon. However, until we get an official notification...we still have prio. Stay frosty kiddies.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Wait,but for some reason I have a grudge between BTH and Brionac...would Brio have Prio or not? -_-'
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 pm

brionac never have priority.
priority is something that a player have.
turn player could activate brionac's effect using their priority in response to a monster being summoned.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks for answering my question...new to the game and noobish.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Priority can be defined as "A player's 'right' to be able to activate his/her effect, ensuring its spot on Chain Link 1. Priority does not allow players to automatically activate and resolve effects without a chain; it simply assures a card's activation (not resolution), and guarantees a place on Chain Link 1. How the chain resolves is up to the players.

Priority tells you who can activate an effect at any certain point in the game. Note that cards never have priority'; it is the players who have priority. The Turn Player always starts with priority.

LilyRainEve(TeWe) wrote:
brionac never have priority.
priority is something that a player have.
turn player could activate brionac's effect using their priority in response to a monster being summoned.

Notice that lily said "a monster being summoned" Not the monster being summoned. If you were to summon key mace, you could use your prioity to activate lonefire blossom on it's summon. Pretty pointless but here is a neat trick.

If you were to summon your (any monster that doesn't have an effect that triggers upon summon) you could use your prioity to activate the effect of your Uria, lord of the searing flames to destroy an opponent's s/t. which would prevent them from activating bottomless, trap hole, tribute, et cetera since they can't activate s/t in response to his effect.

However this goes away once the rules change.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Cards with a "When this card is summoned" will not lose priority. Cards with a "Once Per Turn" or effects which do not claim any trigger requirements will lose priority. Don't concern yourself over it though; I think that rule applies for the OCG only. 'Fraid we're TCG.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Kimo Force wrote:
Cards with a "When this card is summoned" will not lose priority. Cards with a "Once Per Turn" or effects which do not claim any trigger requirements will lose priority. Don't concern yourself over it though; I think that rule applies for the OCG only. 'Fraid we're TCG.

CARDS DO NOT HAVE PRIORITY. EVERYONE IGNORE THE CRAZY PONY. HE SPEAKS NONSENSE.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Well, you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Kimo Force wrote:

Well,actually,if you read the OP,it says "theories of why this rule wasn't changed"

and yeah,just a reminder,because i saw some post before this one a little out of control

This topic is to discuss theories of why this rule hasn't changed,i never stated this rule had already changed,or or asked which card will/won't be affected by this change of rule (that if the rule is changed in the TCG)
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:06 pm

I stated why it probably hasn't changed earlier in this topic.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm

I haven't read much of this to avoid headdesking from priority misconceptions. Either that or I erased it from my memory due to severe shock.

The reason we still have priority to activate an ignition effect upon a successful summon even after the starter deck release is most likely the nationals and now I am assuming they are looking for an occasion. At least I hope so.

No solemn warning would not be useless, try stopping fulhelm + darksoul going hyunlei and blasting your backrow or debris going brd and blasting your field with Bottomless, it won't be pretty.

Let me make something clear, if a monster says the effect activates when it is summoned, then it is activated when it is summoned, so if the monster is summoned, the effect is activated, because it says it's activated when it's summoned, I know it's not easy to get since it's too advanced yugioz but yeah, try to understand that if an effect is activated when a monster is summoned, it is activated when the monster is summoned, whether you have bth or not, and priority and such trigger effects don't mix, if you summon the black rose dragon on your opponent's turn using formula synchron and you do not miss the timing, it will still activate before the opponent can activate bottomless trap hole even though the opponent has priority as the turn player. Why? Because guess what, the effect is activated when it is summoned.
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:36 am

So when a monster is summoned,it activates the effect that activates when it is summoned.No exceptions unless you missed the timing or it was negated.
Back to top Go down
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 pm

I honestly think they didn't change it for us because the west market is more booming. They get more money from us, and from what I've noticed, western games tend to be more difficult than the euro/Asian counterparts. Maybe we seem to have more potential to use priority correctly, or even use it as a strategy in itself to build a deck around than the OCG region does?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah, we pwn the Japanese at their own game.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Actually most strategies etc. come from the OCG since they have the cards first and tbh I believe the best players are in the OCG, the TCG is mostly show offs, pro wannabes and generally people who spent large sums of money and memorize basic patterns without deep knowledge of the game, with good exceptions of course. That could be because at any point we have the option of netdecking the OCG while the OCG only invents (while they do take some tcg strategies from time to time). For example, light beat, a deck that I kept seeing online since I first joined and is still there, is an OCG thing that TCG took over, at the time I arrived it wasn't doing as well, but online we kept copying OCG until the TCG caught up. If they get more money from us it is because they are overpricing things and konami america are scammers but if we are looking for the areas most dedicated to yugioh OCG territories are the ones indeed.

Really priority to activate ignition effects on summon is a non-sensical rule that should never be there in the first place, if you only have priority to activate spell speed 2 or higher effects then why do you have priority to activate only a single and restricted kind of a spell speed 1 effect and no other than that. Keeping it really makes the game bad, and bad it has always been in the TCG. If there is a characteristic-based reason they are keeping it in the TCG it is because our minds only capable of copying and shallow game knowledge will not allow us to take the shock of change. After all the OCG took the change and implemented it correctly in a matter of a few days while we had months to prepare and I still keep hearing that BTH will stop BRD, be it at my locals or online. How will they bring the change in our monkey see-monkey do community like that, our minds will explode.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:18 am

Niko327 wrote:
I honestly think they didn't change it for us because the west market is more booming. They get more money from us, and from what I've noticed, western games tend to be more difficult than the euro/Asian counterparts. Maybe we seem to have more potential to use priority correctly, or even use it as a strategy in itself to build a deck around than the OCG region does?

We use prio correctly huh...yeah, you just go ahead and make yourself believe that.
Back to top Go down
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:31 am

Well statistically, western gamers are better than those overseas. I don't know if this applies to card games though, it was just a thought. Some people do use priority correctly, you can't deny that. A lot of people don't understand it though because those are usually the people who don't even read the rules or even their own cards at time. They think just cuz they watch the show they know how to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Priority-Theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priority-Theories   Priority-Theories Empty

Back to top Go down

Priority-Theories
Page 1 of 1