World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA Create a Card Week 3

Go down 
+6
Al-Bhed
Destined777
Neku Sakuraba
raye
AsianShadow
Kitouski
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

WDA Create a Card Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 pm

WDA Create a Card Week 3 XyzMonsters

This week's theme is XYZ Support. Create a card that supports the idea of xyz summoning/xyz monsters/xyz materials, etc. This does not mean it needs to be an actual XYZ Monster, considering Yugioh Card Maker has not added them yet. All types of cards are fine, including Magics and Traps as long as it's clear that it can help with xyz's. Those who are unfamilar with XYZs can get a general idea of them and their current support here or by inspecting their new starter deck.

Create your own Yugioh card using http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ or another method if you have one. After submissions are gathered, vote on which cards you think are the best!

Posting Your Image:
Spoiler:

Rules:
1. ONLY 1 CARD MAY BE SUBMITTED.
2. Once a card is submitted, you may not edit it for no reason. (fixing a broken image is fine, changing your submitting is not for instance.)
3. You must vote if you have submitted a card, or else your submission will be disqualified.
4. You cannot change your vote for any reason as soon as you vote.
5. You cannot vote for yourself.
6. Include the name of the creator and not the name of the card in your vote or it will not be counted.

Submissions will start on Friday this is posted up and end on Wednesday. Voting will take place Wednesday and Thursday and the results will go up the next Friday along with a new competition. Please include the card image and the cards effect typed out in your submission.

Everyone will vote on their top 3 favorites and you cannot vote for the same person twice. Your first pick will get 3 points, second will get 2 and third will get 1, and the people with the highest points in votes win. The following payouts will be rewarded;

1st - 300 credits
2nd - 200 credits
3rd - 100 credits

Also keep in mind that this contest can go towards dorm points for your dorms. (Read your dorm's competition thread for details) Good luck and happy card creating.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 pm

I'll go first,meet my BFF :D :
WDA Create a Card Week 3 Cowboy10
Effect:
When an Xyz monster you control is destroyed,you can destroy this card instead.Once per turn if your opponent would activate a Trap Card,you can Tribute this card to negate the activation of that Trap Card and detroy it.Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase this card was Tributed.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I'l might as well upload a card tomorrow,but what i wanted to say,is that if you use the search function on the ygo card maker forums,you can download the card maker to your pc,and that card maker has support to create actual Xyz monsters
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

My entry-
WDA Create a Card Week 3 Cyborg2.jpg&set1=Des&set2=777&inset=false&type=Machine&description=Once%20per%20turn%2C%20you%20can%20select%20one%20face%20-%20up%20Xyz%20monster%20you%20control%20and%20one%20face%20-%20up%20monster%20you%20control%20with%20the%20same%20level%20as%20the%20selected%20Xyz%20monster%27s%20rank%2C%20and%20attach%20the%20monster%20as%20an%20Xyz%20material
Once per turn, you can select one face - up Xyz monster you control and one face - up monster you control with the same level as the selected Xyz monster's rank, and attach the monster as an Xyz material.

Last edited by Destined777 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm

EDIT: Al-Bhed pointed out that the card wouldn't work with XYZs at all, so I removed it because it doesn't follow the contest theme. Will re-edit with a new submission.

Last edited by Kitouski on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:44 pm

I don't think it does what you want it to do kitsouki, tokens cannot be used as Xyz materials.
Destined, you might want to alter your card text since Xyz monsters do not have levels, like to "with level equal to the selected Xyz Monster's rank" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
RCbobo
WDA Member
WDA Member
RCbobo

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : RCbobo

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The image of this card is an Inferi from Harry Potter. :D

By star, I mean level. Sorry about that :/
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
I don't think it does what you want it to do kitsouki, tokens cannot be used as Xyz materials.
Destined, you might want to alter your card text since Xyz monsters do not have levels, like to "with level equal to the selected Xyz Monster's rank" or something along those lines.
Well crap, yep, it does not do what I want it to do. x_x I guess I'll chop off my submission for now and get back to it. How I do need to read up on Xyzs and how they fully work...
Back to top Go down
Leo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leo

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Leo

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 am

Hey thanks Al-bhed I was trying to figure out a way to say that right :D Hope its not against the rules to change 1 word in the card just to make the card make more sense :P but yeah thanks al-bhed!
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 am

WDA Create a Card Week 3 SinFreyr

Quote :
This card can't be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can't be Special Summoned from Graveyard. You can banish 1 Normal Monster you control to Special summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Synchro-Monster on the Field;Banish it. Then you can Special Summon any number of Monster with the same level on your Graveyard whose total Level is equal to the Banished-Monster.They can't declare an Attack, their effect is Negated, and they can't be Tributed or used as a Synchro-Material.

It seems this card turned out to be more of gusto support (lol)
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 pm

WDA Create a Card Week 3 KanaGuardianofGusto

Spoiler:

EDIT:Just noticed the previous entry was a gusto card too,XD,lol

Last edited by Neku Sakuraba on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a note)
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:49 pm

WDA Create a Card Week 3 2bedsz

Spoiler:

Decided to be an over achiever and make an actual XYZ like Neku. xD
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:08 pm

@kitouski: can i have the original artwork of your card... OwO
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 am

Kitouski wrote:
WDA Create a Card Week 3 2bedsz

Spoiler:

Decided to be an over achiever and make an actual XYZ like Neku. xD
Nice card,and overachiever,lol,btw,just asking,why didnt you changed the "Exceed" to "Xyz",just curious?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Lol, nice catch. It's a typo actually. x_x Really, I dislike the name "XYZ" so much that I refer to them as exceeds whenever I can, so it probably went over my radar when I looked over the card for mistakes. Error on my part. xD;

And I'll PM you the image here in a minute Lily. :3
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 am

agree with the ugly name there,well ,that typo makes your card unique,XD
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 am

shouldnt we be voting about now
Back to top Go down
Dr. Johannes Faust
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Johannes Faust

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm

I have a card, but for some reason I can't upload it. I put the link and pressed preview and the img showed up. But when I press send. This pops up "You are not allowed to post links and emails". I don't know what to do. If I can pm somebody my picture I would be very happy. smile
Back to top Go down
Leo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leo

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Leo

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Sorry Faust submissions ended today and voting started. So since Im not waiting for Kitouski...
1.RCbobo
2.Kitouski
3.Destined777
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm

1. Kitouski
2. Neku Sakaraba
3. Leo
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:16 am

Aye, voting started yesterday, no need to wait for my post. Sorry I didn't. Dx

1. Destined777
2. Neku Sakuraba
3. LilyRainEve(TeWe)
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:41 am

1. Kitoutski
2. Neku Sakuraba
3. Rcbobo
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:57 am

1.Kitouski
2.Neku Sakuraba
3.Turles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDA Create a Card Week 3   WDA Create a Card Week 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA Create a Card Week 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next