World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ocean Floor Explorer

Go down 
+22
Leo
WDA Bot
AlterDevil76
Destined777
Ness
Unknown
Katarina
IronicTrout
Seluna
Vaati
Nour Force
Kimo Force
Supasmash
DigiDigi
psychoturtle
Dragonclaw
Bakura Normal
Red
Minako
RD
Al-Bhed
Fish
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

The harbour, a usually quiet place, kept afloat many small fishing vessels, and the usual high-flier of the dock was a medium-sized yacht owned by a wealthy family living in a large house on top of a hill near the harbour town.

However, this day, a huge, pearl-white hull dominated the attention of passers-by. The gargantuan cruiser was pristine, with a long streak of blue, lining the upper deck. Hundreds of windows bedded themselves in the ship's bodies, offering poor fishermen and members of public an enticing glance at a life of luxury. A large metal staircase attached itself to a walkway, where guards wearing smart blue uniforms, complete with white officer's hat and gloves, stood watch over the gangway, and half a dozen more stood around the boat itself. The cruiser had, painted in large letters across its bow;

The Ocean Floor Explorer

A sign posted next to the ship asked for all duelists to keep their passes ready, to board the ship, and to settle down in their given rooms quickly: they would be leaving in just a few days. The duelists were to be fully accommodated, from boarding to departure and eventually to arrival.

The invitations to Duelist Empire, a large island owned entirely by one mysterious man, had been received by many duelists, but all of them were well-known to the world. It was rumored that these duelists were hand picked by the owner of the island, a huge dueling enthusiast, for a massive event that would take place on the whole of the island itself. Boarding passes had already been handed out to all duelists participating in the event, and enclosed with those had been the time of boarding and departure.

----------------------------------

In front of the vessel, the captain conversed leisurely with a member of the harbour administration, who was obviously in awe of the ship.

"So Captain... Papandreou, was it? Yes... I notice that the ship is an S-Class Cruiser, capable of travelling at up to 35 knots. A tour one of your fine young men gave me revealed that the luxury is so great, it even has on-board dueling facilities!"
The captain chuckled "Yes, my friend, yes it does."
"But I have one question, Captain."
"Oh?"
"Why is it named The Ocean Floor Explorer? As far as I can tell, it's no submarine."
The captain gave a short, sharp bark of laughter . "It is an ironic name", he politely responded, "The man who named it recognised that everything must eventually sink, and so he named this fine vessel after the one thing he knew it would, at some point, do."
The man laughed heartily. "I do hope it doesn't sink any time soon!"
"Oh, we'll see about that", Captain Papandreou replied with a face of stone, "we'll see about that indeed."

-------------------------------------------

Sailing

If you weren't to look at the water below it you'd think this ship were standing still on the unchanging scenery of the open sea, a cruiser of its class shows no disturbance as it speeds along the ocean, even as it goes at massive speed , easily surpassing common transport ships, sea travel for the normal men and women.

Enjoying the abnormal serenity of their vessel, the chosen duelists, the seekers of adventure, almost waste the serenity and elegance as they spend that precious time of peace as they will before reaching their destination.

Last edited by Fish on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 pm

I patiently wait for rescue after having boarded a life raft. Then I saw the weirdest thing...
It should be common sense that the crew helps prepare the life boats in order for everyone to board them successfully, but some of the boys that were in the dining hall with us started stealing many liferafts and throwing them in the ocean... I see the "do not care only for yourself" speech Tesla gave really sunk in, huh...
Well, so long as they realize before something unfortunate ha-
A little girl wrote:
"Oh, god!" a small girl shouted, "THERE ARE NO LIFEBOATS LEFT! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! WE HAVE TO SWIM!"

Splash!

Rest in peace little girl, may you find your way and join the Malabu kid in the grand YCS in the heavens... Although it will probably be a Dragon Duel, since you are most likely both younger than 12...

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Heero heard Chad and swung his board just trying to miss him.
Get away from me.
Heero continues just to make it to his room and finds it completely blown to bits. He makes his way to the deck and see it was in mass chaos.
Well it looks like me might die after all.......
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 am

Sentan ran to his room to pack as much things as he could, he then got up to the deck with all the rafts. He Boarded a life raft, and waited.

"this is such a drag".

He was getting more angry by the moment.

"that tesla.......... And his ghost of a boss. I am so pissed ......."

he looked around him, at the sinking boat,

"god dammit...... I only wanted a simple tournament."
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 am

"O-okay, s-sorry to disturb y-you....." Chad said, as Hunter left the room. There's gotta be some other way I could help....... I better get going. He was walking back to the life boats, when he passed by the medical ward, when an idea hit him. I know first aid, maybe I could help out a bit out there. He walked into it, seeing it was empty, and quickly grabbed a first-aid kit. He then walked back to the lifeboats, and saw everyone looking overboard.

"What's going on here?" Chad asked. A person turned around.
"A little girl jumped off and drowned!" The man yelled. Chad got another sudden shock of guilt. She may still be here if I didn't duel them...... He backed away from the group, and ended up bumping into Core again.
"H-hi again....."
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 am

After hearing a little girl just drowned to death, Heero boarded the closest life raft to him and sat there with a bunch of strangers ready to get going. Heero still in pain after having his leg crushed just sits there.
"In times of chaos and tragedy it's be to be calm to honor the moment. But that Chad kid better not come near me again or i'll make sure he's the one not able to walk next time."
Heero said all of this under his breath so no one else could hear him.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:39 am

Having gathered his things, Luso slouched up to the deck and boarded a lifeboat. Laying back on top of one of the other passengers, who was not best pleased but oddly didn't say anything, he took a last bite of his apple and threw it into the ocean.
Food for the little girl that 'Core' guy killed. I think that's his name. That's what his cocky little buddies shout enthusiastically when they see him, as though they didn't know he was on the ship.
Every time.
Every. Damn. Time.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 am

(Fish, I didn't throw the rafts off. They're on the dock...)

Chad bumped into Core, but he didn't notice. As soon as some of the lifeboats were on board, he ran to his room to grab his bag. Luckily, everything was in the bag. He ran back to the lifeboats, clothes, toothbrush, side deck and all. Core spotted Luso giving him that evil look. 'I wonder what I did?' He then saw everyone staring off the boat. Core tapped the shoulder of a man, and asked, "Sir, what happened here?"
"A little girl jumped off the boat!"
"What?!"
Core was tempted to jump off and save her, but it was already too late. But, even worse,he doesn't know how to swim.
'Crap! Poor girl...'
Core looked back to see that Chad was still next to him, smiling in a 'Nice to see you, but bad news' look. "Come on, follow me." He pulled Chad with him to a raft where Heero was sitting.
Core placed his hands into his face.
"This is all my fault. I lost first, this is my doing...", he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 am

(DC, ships don't have docks.
Saying "Come on guys, jump on the boats and we'll shove 'em off!" implies they are somewhere where they can actually be shoved off safely.
And you are not supposed to take lifeboats on a sinking ship nor handle them yourself, it's not every man for himself, you follow the instructions of the crew so that everyone will board them safely and be rescued even if they don't know how to steal and operate lifeboats.
Life rafts are not for one person. There would be space for all of you in 1 and there would still be space for a couple more people.)
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

Waifu : Wynchester

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

(Can I join the story? Or is it too late? What would I have to do? Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwynwyn
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 pm

(You have to be tested, and I think put in a dorm before you can join. You also have to get your deck approved, but after that, you can join whenev, but join during an appropriate time, not in the middle of a duel or something)

Chad hid himself low and whispered, since he saw Heero.
"Core, I s-set off the l-last bomb, I-I'm responsible for recklessly d-dueling them." I guess I'm not the only one who feels responsible. Chad realized he was still wearing his duel disk, and quickly put his deck in a safe place.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Angela was standing near Chad as she heard him say that he's responsible for the last bomb. She quickly turned around to Chad and said with confidence and somewhat loud Hey, this is nobody's fault, okay?! Nobody here is responsible for the ship blowing up! Angela then lowered her voice Have some confidence, please, it"ll help you. You can't say your responsible for blowing the ship just because you lost at a game of cards. Angela then smiled at Chad. She then noticed Core and said Hi Core!

(I'd add more but I'm not exactly a lifeboats/rafts/etc. expert because I don't know what we"re waiting for.)
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Ness had sliped out and hid among all the comotion, and hadn't realised that people were boarding the lifeboats. "Geese, this boat was a shocking idea from the start, if i hadn't come on, i might have survived and avoided all this" He creped out from the half-exploded broom cuboard and ran towards one ov the life boats. "I just hope they havn't left anything important behind......"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:03 am

A large ship slowly materialised out of the mist; an almost exact copy of The Ocean Floor Explorer. Instead of a long streak of blue, a wavy orange line stretched over the hulk of the vessel. The statue of a large duel monster, its sword in both hands pointed to the dark ocean depths.

The sound of a megaphone echoed through the cold sea air, resonating from the ship. "This is the captain of the St. Joan. We are a replacement vessel for your ship; The pirates who terrorised your ship have been captured. We have passenger space for all of you, including the staff. We will be sending rescue speedboats out to collect all of you. We ask you to remain calm and listen to the Ocean Floor Explorer's staff. As you enter your lifeboats, please attempt to make your way to us. Thank you."

The megaphone caught a quieter, "Huh, ironic na-" in the background before it cut off completely, leaving a moment of silence but for the sounds of the ocean.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:16 am

Chad suddenly smiled when he heard the megaphone and saw the ship. "G-good, I can hide from H-Hunter and I d-don't have to stay o-on a cramped life boat....." Chad whispered.
What did they say at the end? Perhaps....... No, it couldn't be. Those guys wouldn't come back and do it again...... Would they?
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:05 am

Core was overjoyed when he heard the new ship's captain talking from the megaphone. 'About time we got help. But, I wonder how they found us? And why did their megaphone cut off? So many questions. I have a bad feeling about this."
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 am

The megaphone spluttered back to life unexpectedly, and a hushed silence fell, broken only by the barks of the Ocean Floor Explorer's crew, instructing and organising people and getting everybody off the ship safely.
"Apologies; I forgot to mention. We found you via an SOS signal coming from your ship after an emergency signal from your captain was sent to the main radio room. Considering you were hostages on-board with the pirates for the better part of a day, and our ship replacement units are very fast-response in emergency situations. We realise this is a very stressful situation for everybody; this message was purely to set your mind at ease. Additionally, if anybody is wondering why the megaphone cut out, it was because I turned it off."
The man in the megaphone laughed, his voice creating an uncanny metallic gasp. "But I'm sure nobody on board would be stupid enough to conjure up a conspiracy from something so regular, eh?"
More robotic laughter.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

I suppose we have no choice. We're already being rowed towards it.
Chad sat quietly layed down as the crew rowed the life boat towards the ship.

When the life boat arrived, Chad left himself. He looked around. I'll hide with everyone else. It's worked for the last several years, it ought to work now. He slid into the middle of the crowd bording the ship, as he ended up knocking himself into Kenzo.

"H-hey, your the g-guy who got u-us out of th-there....."

RP Modded.
Don't force people to leave the ship.
Don't force the ship to be of similar design to the old one.
Additionally, don't force people to be in a large crowd of people when you don't know where he is. The only reason I'm not deleting your entire post is because Supa posted in reply.
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 pm

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Supasmash on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:06 am

"O-okay..... s-sorry....." Chad said. He returned to his spot, sitting down near Core. He felt an urge to pull his deck out, kill some time before finally being let off. He drew "Evolsaur Cerato". That was the first card I saw when I took this deck...... I wonder what that guy is doing. He began daydreaming to kill time, remembering old dreams. This has been a strange day...... I wonder if mom had just as bad a day.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 am

Angela was about to go to the other ship, but then she saw that some people didn't go to the other ship yet. Let's go everyone! She yelled. She stopped for a second and thought that the megaphone suddenly going off was a bad sign, but if they stay here they drown. What other choice do we have? Let's go! Angela went to the other boat.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 am

"That loudspeaker..... this ship isn't safe and i'm already on it."
Heero was taken to the infirmary to have his leg treated.
"This is going to hold me back......."
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:28 am

Sentan jumped aboard the ship and walked around for a bit, straching his leg and adjusting his eyes still to the new brightness.

*sigh* "welp that was, fun, i guess but now its back to this boring cruise, when will we get to this bloody island."

he sat down on the nearest seat and let his hair cover his eyes. This cruise was like a rollercoaster. I wonder where the end is and what scare will happen next.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 am

I'm full, just out of something past the level of a shaky ship and do happen to have a slight hangover. Even though I woke up in the afternoon, it will be morning soon, and once again I want to fall asleep. But that's not so simple. I arrived on the ocean floor explorer early in the first place and avoided the crowds, but you can only get crowd and panic in a situation like this. The stress of the situation doesn't even give me time to place my palm on my face in response to the conspiracy theories for the megaphone that was cut off before the phrase "What an ironic name" was finished... Well, of course people would find the sinking "Ocean Floor Explorer" to have at least a hint of irony.

Alas, as I mentioned, I don't have the luxury of such thoughts or analysis at this moment. I board the St. Joan and follow the crew's instructions to find a place to hibernate properly. That's what I'd wish again but even if I sleep now I will wake up in less than 3 hours... Damn... I'll be practically dehydrated by the time I wake up...
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:12 am

"Everyone board the lifeboats calmly and safely!"
Core heard the sailors explain what to do. It took a moment, but his life boat was off, traveling towards the St. Joan.
'God, I'm finally here, off that ironic boat.' Core boarded the St. Joan, distressed and pissed. He looked around for a deckhand. 'Did ships these days even have deckhands? Or are they just called sailors? Meh, I'll just ask any person I see where's the food court. I can't think without foo- Come on! I just had dinner, I'll just stare off the ship, waiting to reach the island.'

"Well this is a pretty awkward vacation."
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 am

Zero was watching,as the people from the "Ocean Floor Explorer" came onboard of the ship
"Life boats,huh?,that sure was a bumpy trip then,guess i´m glad i missed that ship,i wonder whats the full story of these people."
Zero then aproached the crowd,looking for someone who could explain him what happened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ocean Floor Explorer   The Ocean Floor Explorer - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ocean Floor Explorer
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next