World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D

Go down 
+4
D JR
Bakura Normal
RD
AsianShadow
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D Empty
PostSubject: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:34 pm

As the topic says >: D
Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D A_sski11
Warning:THIS IS A FUN DECk
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

gold so. is not enough to search out you're skill drain. and the chances you get it in you're opening hand i up there since it's 3 but you really think this will work? How'd it do in testing?
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 pm

It did okay,I searched out Skill Drain and the momsters pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Id take away the fortress for a cainsaw insect or something over than him, e just doesn't belong in a skill drain line up
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Hmmm...yeah I fixed that.But,I replaced Machina Fortress and Gene Warped for 3 Cybers and 2 Veilers.And took out 1 PoD
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

-2 Double Summon
+2 MST

-2 Dark Bribe
+1 Call of the Haunted
+1 Book of Moon

-3 Cyber Dragon
+1 PoD
+2 Dimensional Prison
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Well, fortress still works under skill drain so if he has machines to spare, why not?
Ditch double summon, even if you have a reason it would be false. No insect, please dont do it, I have gained +6s from stupid people who used chainsaw insect, if you absolutely got to use something use a malefic cyber end, at least he has the decency to leave the field when skill drain dies and not burden you with a stupid effect, and he can be fortress fodder, although with 3 drain just one would do.

I'd say the basic thing here would be not depending on skill drain too much, and that is directed to gold sarc, you dont need it imo. If you need more ways to fix your monster's attack use forbidden chalice (run it over veiler) and book of moon (it should be there). If you manage to use skill drain efficiently you'll be able to drop the bribes as well and replace them with regular s/t hate like mst.

On that note remember that viruses work on fussiler so you could run one of them (erradicator epidemic is my personal preference here). Even without skill drain you can set fusiller and tribute it for a virus, it's attack would be 2800 at the time.

I'd say the monster count is too high at 19 for this kind of deck too.

Doomcaliber is really format specific, so you might want to consider before running 3. While it is true that his effect works under skill drain to negate other effects that dodge skill drain, it is also true that monsters with trigger/ignition effects can activate their effects under skill drain even if they will be negated by skill drain later, so your opponent can simply summon his now gadget/debris dragon/tour guide etc. and activate it's effect to trigger your doomcaliber. Doomcaliber Knight here is a meta call, before using him figure what decks you want him for.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:14 am

Why do you have double summons in there anyway? Shouldn't your monsters let you normal summon without tributes?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:27 am

It could be for barbaros 3 tribute thing, although it is still counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

Be better off with ultimate offering or something if it was for that :x
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 am

Probably the issue was that you have to wait a turn with offering. Well, double summon is a useless card either way.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 am

Useless in this deck. It's not too bad in my Naturia deck 'cause it can quickly bring out a bamboo shoot.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am

Still useless, unneccessary loss in card presence, once that bamboo shoot gets hit by veiler or a chaos sorc or a synchro or a whatever you lose because of card advantage, there are more consistent ways to go about summoning bamboo shoot. And considering the fact double summon and bamboo shoot are unsearchable it's all the more harder to pull off turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:38 am

Works for me, and there are ways out of losing bamboo shoot. If you put Mist Body on it, for example, the only way for an opponent to destroy it is via monster card effect, and if it's turn 1, how is the opp gonna pull a chaos sorc, or synchro, without losing his card presence as well?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 am

ryko, snowman, dd warrior lady, mole, descendant, boggart into pashull into hyunlei, effect veiler making him lose eff pernamently etc. investing too much in one card (like adding double summon or mist body just for it) will damage a deck.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 am

Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
You guys are spamming in the wrong place. ._. ......and that's why you make a topic just for Fish and Al to spam. Just a lil suggestions so we don't have to see them everywhere.

There you go! Back to your own topic with you!

There isn't any need for me to type this and you to read this. Well you already read it so too bad.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 am

Unknown, if you keep posting the same thing over and over in every single topic I am going to delete your posts, you are spamming harder than us even though the quantity is smaller. And it is pure spamming, you are not a mod, this is also mini-moding.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 am

i smell abuse of EP power.......... Unknown............ Anyway Asian i don't see how you have antimeta cards in there with skill drain effects are killed and you're left with beaters i think there's better options to thunder king
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 am

Thunder King can still negate special summons under skill drain, which is probably what he wants it for, similarly to how doomcaliber can still negate effects and fortress still destroys a card after being killed by battle. And no this isn't spam, if there is spam after this I'm deleting it...
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 am

Wait, Thunder King gets his effect? How does that work?
Also, would this message/question be described spam?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 am

Skill Drain does not prevent activations of effects, I can activate any effect, skill drain does not care, all skill drain does is make that monster resolve without effect during resolution if the effect activated on the field and the monster which activated the effect is still a face-up monster on the field at the time of resolution. If because of a cost or a chain the monster is no longer face up during resolution it is unaffected by skill drain. So for example rescue cat is sent to the graveyard as a cost, you can activate her effect and it will resolve normally. Similarly Lonefire Blossom can tribute itself to summon a Tytannial, tributing is a cost so at the time of its effect's resolution it's in the graveyard and unaffected by skill drain.

Thunder King Rai-Oh wrote:
Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard TO negate the Special Summon of 1 of your opponent monsters, and destroy it.
That "TO" I made red indicates a cost, since Rai-Oh sents himself to the graveyard as a cost at the time of its own effect's resolution he is in the graveyard and resolves normally negating said monster summon.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 am

Oh yeah, I get it. So it would work with like, Doomcal, 'cause he uses himself as a cost, right?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 am

Yes. It also means I can use rabbit under drain and go for pearl :P
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:26 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
Thunder King can still negate special summons under skill drain, which is probably what he wants it for, similarly to how doomcaliber can still negate effects and fortress still destroys a card after being killed by battle. And no this isn't spam, if there is spam after this I'm deleting it...
Pfft,I knew that....
(But seriously you could stilll do that? :shock:
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 am

Don't blame yourself, the game's ruling system is crazy complicated and the little guide book you get for buying a deck which explains NONE of the advanced concepts doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D   Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D Empty

Back to top Go down

Skill Drain Abuse FTW! >:D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next