World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kony 2012

Go down 
+10
Unknown
Destined777
Supasmash
DigiDigi
Nour Force
Dr. Chuckles
xX-Saberboy
Silver
Katarina
Kimo Force
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am

Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:56 am

Another 30 minutes of my life wasted o.o
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 am

Princess of Darkness wrote:
you have one ? :P
Back to top Go down
xX-Saberboy
WDA Member
WDA Member
xX-Saberboy

Achievement Points : 0

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:13 am

owned...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 am

dmg i feel that comment was unneccassary, this is a serious issue that has gone on for far too long and no decent human being should be able to just brush it off as you did. Take this serious, just take a moment to think what it would be like to have to live in a world that was ran by kony. i'd greatly appreciatate it if you would not comment at all if your not going to be helping the cause or voicing a valuable and or useful opinion.

Kimo thanks for posting and hopefully opening the eyes of more people across the world considering the diverse group of ppl we have here on our forum. Everyone needs to do like kimo and use the power of our social media to help spread the word and inform ppl about kony, it's the only way we'll be able to get anything done, we must bond together and work as a time and only by putting our selfs to the side and starting to think and feel for others will we be able do complete this task.

I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 am

I can haz text instead of videos please?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 am

Lol i was jk anyway, i saw it was 30 mins so i didnt watch the vid
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 am

joking or not this is a serious matter, if your not going to contribute to the effort i'd much rather you just keep quite, plz and thx. For some of us this is a serious issue and one that shouldn't be taken lightly so unless you'll be helping to inform or further education yourself i'd kindly like ot recommend that you keep your unneed mess out of this topic
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:38 am

Chuckles is right, Karin. There are just a few things you shouldn't really joke about. I myself am going to attempt to spread this among my friends so that it may hopefully spread over the Egyptian Facebook. I doubt Egyptians will have a say about the matter, but it's worth a try.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Although I do feel that this hype is already being taken care of, it is pleasing to see the masses less ignorant than before. I suppose this hype could make a big enough effect to give inspiration to the Obama Administration and maybe even NATO to send more support to the troops already dispatching and training counter terrorism to the governments affected by Kony.
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 pm

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Supasmash on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Okay.. If I'm getting this right...

Joseph Kony is #1 on the international war criminal/most wanted list. For the past 26 or so years he has abducted children in Uganda, and other parts of central Africa, and turned them into child soldiers. Forcing them to kill, for his selfish reasons. This has happened to over 30,000 children. Kony 2012 is a movement started by an organization called Invisible Children and on of their leaders Jason Russell. The purpose is to "make Kony famous". Which will then result into his arrest. /quote

Right? o.o
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow what a video O_O
I definitely support this.
I do have mixed feelings about the video itself but I won't share due to the fact it's complicated to explain and may upset some people.
But I support this.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 am

yes nour you are correct. now one tiny thing we can all do that will have an actual impact would be to do the black out on 4/20 in our locale areas. i'm talking to administration about doing it here on my campus so that's something you guys can actually do and feel apart of the team for if you manage to pull it off to great success.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 am

Okay, I'm going to make this short and sweet.

1) The Invisible Children organization pocket most of the money they receive from donations and only about 30% of the money go to support the fight against Kony. Don't donate to them!

2) It only took one viral video to get people to finally care? Really?

3) This doesn't mean you shouldn't spread the word about Joseph Kony. Educate anyone you know about this guy and the evil crimes that he commit. Heck! Run up to your neighborhood homeless guy and tell him about Kony after giving him some change.

4) Happy International Women's Day! ...Google.

On a final note: DON'T DONATE TO INVISIBLE CHILDREN
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 am

Unknown wrote:
Okay, I'm going to make this short and sweet.

1) The Invisible Children organization pocket most of the money they receive from donations and only about 30% of the money go to support the fight against Kony. Don't donate to them!

2) It only took one viral video to get people to finally care? Really?

3) This doesn't mean you shouldn't spread the word about Joseph Kony. Educate anyone you know about this guy and the evil crimes that he commit. Heck! Run up to your neighborhood homeless guy and tell him about Kony after giving him some change.

4) Happy International Women's Day! ...Google.

On a final note: DON'T DONATE TO INVISIBLE CHILDREN

1) No one ever said to donate to Invisible Children...
2) Because none of us ever knew about it.
3) That is why I posted this video. I've started sending it over Facebook.
4) Happy International Women Day!
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 am

1) Okay, but just letting people know before they fall into the scam.
2) Your serious? Didn't like everyone study about Africa and their corrupt leaders in school?
3) Good.
4) Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 am

Unknown wrote:
2) Your serious? Didn't like everyone study about Africa and their corrupt leaders in school?
3) Good.
4) Indeed.

1) For crying out loud, no one even asked you to donate, not even the Invisible Children themselves.
2) The organization Joseph Kony runs was not popular because the country is disconnected, no one knew what was going on until the group who made the video traveled there. I doubt they would tell kids about the children from Uganda too.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:45 am

Oh they didn't ask for you to donate? Well I'm sorry. I must've mistaken when they told you to just give them a few dollars a month and to get the action kit with donating.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Unknown wrote:
3) Good.
4) Indeed.

1. i'd like to point out the fact that they're a non profit organization. unless you live under a rock or are completely stupid NOBODY is a non profit, these are still human beings that have to live, they have families they must provide for, bills they must pay, not to mention fucking africa isn't one damn hop and skip away, they ppl are leaving thier jobs(assuming they have one) to go to africa where they are completely and utterly finicailly unstable and are merely trying to educate people. if your foolish enough to believe that all the money they collect goes directly to helping these children you need to grow up.

2. it usually only takes 1 of something to start a chain, i mean we all know that we are the generation of technology, if you want anything to go anywhere in the world post it on: facebook,youtube, or twitter and it now becomes a big thing. stop acting as a child and realize that people have to start from somewhere, it's a damn shame that it has taken this long but what can we say, at least it's finally starting.

2.5; obviously the entire planet missed that history lesson. what kind of school system would allow it's teachers to inform it's students of this?!?!?!?! do you realize the contraversy that would develope and consume our nation if things such as this were being told in our school systems? lets be realistic, most of the world didn't care enough to take the time to listen to the one or two people that were trying to spread this message, now that it's a few hundrend thousand, people are starting to take notice, after all we all know we're stronger in numbers.

3. no comment.

4. HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Well honestly I don't know how much good this piece of information is going to do but the guy who narrates in the video, Jason Russell (don't know if I spelled that right), makes 90,000 dollars annually. I'm going to be honest here because since I don't know a thing about finances, I don't know if that is outrageously a lot for a guy to make or not.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 am

Then it would be a difference in values Chuckles, this video and the movements seen there seem to have a very high cost of production, which for many would be money better spend on directly aiding those people instead of asking hollywood actors to save the world. I do see the notion behind it and it can be called a difference in perspective I guess.

Anyways, I have always respected people who fought and demanded, that's always true and continues to be true in this case, and naturally I want to see the Lord's Resistance Army stopped, but as far as this movement itself is concerned I do have mixed feelings as well, unrelated to how they distribute the funds, as that is not my main concern, and have been feeling like that since I saw the video, but will not express my opinion now since it would produce nothing among the people here, it's one of the things you won't easily argue without proper conversation partners anyways.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Now, I also have mixed feelings on this.

I mean, aside from the normal "Huh, this sucks. Yeah, I could subscribe to that.", what does the movement hope to achieve? As far as I can see, all the US has done is to send some advisers into the place due to a couple of largely popular bills. But what more would you be able to do? 'Cause US going to war won't happen because of a facebook group, and it's very unlikely even if they create a full petition and hand it to Obama himself.

As far as idealism goes, it sounds awesome. But "Dumping Your Girlfriend via the Warning Beacons of Gondor" got it right;

Kony 2012 15820908
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:30 am

It will be very interesting however to see how that goes. I have seen different sides and had from the beggining a natural revulsion to about half of the above video due to the ways of propaganda and advertising techniques it employs as well as some of the demands that seem to stem from it. Of course it could be all due to "innocence" or "naivety" of the author, and that was my initial assumption that I kept perhaps to big part out of good will, but if it does turn out that the U.S.A. goes into a new one sided war, demanded by "the people", it will really be the dawn of a new era, a new era of propaganda and social control.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

Kony 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kony 2012   Kony 2012 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 am

This is trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content