World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maseiku
WDA Member
WDA Member
Maseiku

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Maseiku

My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips) Empty
PostSubject: My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)   My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips) EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Well first off its a deck i run in real but with the new banlist taking away some synchro's that are rather needed i could use a little help, so i made or rather said tried making a 'new' deck same theme using 'newer' cards.
Already figured its not hard to use for xyz (or what they called)
so here goes:

Number cards in deck: 44Cards

Monsters:
EffectMonsters: [21]
[1Tribute][5Stars]

Freed The Matchless General
Photon Slayer
Earth Armor Ninja

[4Stars]
Command Knight x2
Field Commander Rahz x2
Goblin Attack Force
D.D. Assailent
D.D. Warrior Lady
Elemental Hero Wildheart
Obnoxious Celtic Guard

[3Stars]
Marauding captain x3
Mataza The Zapper

[2Stars]
Speed Warrior

Tuners
[3Stars]

Comrade Swordsman of Landstar x2
XX- Saber Fulhelmknight

[2Stars]
Torapart

Normal Monsters:[1]
Tuner
[4Star]

Tune Warrior

Spells:[12]
The Warrior Returning Alive x2
United We Stand x2
Fissure
Nobleman of Crossout
Lightning Vortex
Shrink
Book of Moon
Reinforcement of the Army
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm

Traps:[10]
Dimensional Fissure x2
Bottemless Trap Hole x2
Mirror Force x2
Spirit Force
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
Zero Gravity ( or windstorm of etaqua)
Solemn Judgement

[color=white]Fusion/Synchro/xyz: [15]
Synchro:[10]

Colossal fighter
Crimson Blader
Stardust Dragon
Driven Draredevil
Lightning Warrior
Black Rose Dragon
Gravity Warrior
Mighty Warrior
Scarred Warrior
X-Saber Wayne

Xyz:[5]
Heroic champion- Kusanagi
Blade Armor Ninja
Heroic Champion- Gandiva
Heroic Champion- Excalibur
M-X-Saber invoker

So after the gaint list heres what its used best as i'm going to say this first tho: This deck is suited for my playstyle but just some tweeks might always be useful since there are to many cards to learn at the moment. This deck also had bronic dragon ( or somthing allong thos e lines) and Goyo Guardian wich was actually needed for here.

Startegy:
Well i dont know if its seen as a srategy. The traps always give a protection to battles. Easy to swarm the field with weaker warriors and using them to XYZ and synchro or just simply strengthen the warrior with united we stand (mataza is actually beast with this while field is full). Anotehr thing that can be done is getting 2 Maraudings on the field so the opponent cant attack at all since you cant attack any other then marauding captain so both of them on the field makes it logic the enemy cant attack. So mainly this deck resolves around destroying opponents monsters and 'rush' for direct attacks wich makes Marauding captain the key card.

Think thats about it might have forgotten some important things here and there but its a simple but in my eyes usefull deck for me.

thanks beforehand for reading and for who does the feedback =P
ps. i never used XYZ so yeah all help considering the use of them and effectnss is greatfull.
Back to top Go down
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

PostSubject: Re: My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)   My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips) EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Alright, so from what I can see, you have way too many cards in your deck for no reason. 43 cards is pushing the okay amount limit if there's good reason for card choices, but there are a lot of unnecessary cards in your lineup.

(I'll be removing more as I go on, but I have an explanation for my choices so I'll group them as so)
Take out:

Zero Gravity
Shrink
Spirit Force
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
United We Stand
Freed The Matchless General
1 mirror force

All these cards require to be on the field for either a too-specific trigger or for too long of duration. Shirnk and United We Stand, maybe not so, but you have much better choices. Yes, I understand its irl, but I'll only mention budget cards. Solemn Warning came out in a tin a while back, so it's not an $80 card anymore. Torrential Tribute has a few reprints, including the release in the Atlantean Structure deck. The cards you chose are waiting on an opponent to attack, which isn't ideal when you could be getting rid of your opponent's monsters as soon as they hit the board. Also, Spirit Force and Scarecrow don't even get rid of the monster, they just stall out. They can be popped before the opponent even goes to BP, making them way less good than TT or Solemn Warning.

United We Stand is unnecessary, there are plenty of high atk warriors and if you gain enough field advantage you won't need to worry about an obnoxiously huge monster. Blade Armor Ninja alone can potentially do 4400 damage, Heroic Excalibur can do an instant 4000, so focus on them for big damage rather than a gimicky spell card. If you want the atk boost, since you're running all warriors, add in Solidarity if you have it.

Freed would be good in a much slower format, like before the synchro/invention of "swarm" decks came to be, but he's all too slow these days. Not many people actually play spells that target monsters anymore, so his first effect will barely help you, and for his 2nd effect he has to survive your opponent's turn, which won't happen very often in these times.

side deck the one mirror force, it's a good card, but you also run 2 d-prison(I assumed you meant d-prison when you had dimensional fissure under traps) and once again your opponent can usually play around it.

add:
Torrential Tribute x2
Solemn Warning x2
Solidarity x2 (optional, I personally wouldn't, but not an awful choice)

Spell lineup is next, I'll save the rest of the monsters for last since that's the biggest change I'll suggest.

Take out:
warrior returning alive
fissure
nobleman of crossout
lightning vortex

warrior returning alive is a decent card, but is a little circumstantial. It requires you to have a useful warrior in your grave, which won't be the case all the time. If you draw very little monsters, and that card, it becomes a burden. If you don't have a warrior in your grave that would be useful at the time, the card is essentially useless. You want to focus on toolboxing from your deck, your main source for resources. I'd suggest Pot of Duality, since it was also reprinted and is super cheap now (got my 3 from the tins along with solemn warning).

Fissure and nobleman of crossout are more like side deck cards to run if you cant seem to get over your opponent's huge monsters. Usually you'll have a decent answer to your opponent's monsters without monster destruction spell cards, but possibly you'd want to side in a nobleman against Geargia or smashing ground/fissure/soul taker for Chaos Dragons(Soul Taker being the best choice, but if you don't have it, you might be able to get by with the other ones. all cheap cards as well).

Lightning Vortex is obviously bad compared to Dark Hole. Lightning Vortex hits only face-up monsters, and you have to discard. The cost isn't so terrible if you run things that need grave set up, but you don't, so don't use it. Dark Hole is much more efficient.

add:
pot of duality x2
Dark Hole

Now we are at 38 cards, not including the optional Solidarity. I'm not going to add it personally, nor will I act like I did for the rest of my post. Alright, here we go, the monsters.

Take out:
Photon Slayer
Earth Armor Ninja(optional, if you want it for lv 8 synchro, keep, but not necessary)
Field-Commander Rahz x2
Gobline Attack Force
E-HERO Wildheart
Obnoxious Celtic Guard
Speed Warrior
Comrade Swordsman of Landstar x2
Torapart
Tune Warrior
X-Saber Wayne
Scarred Warrior
Mighty Warrior

There are a ton of options when it comes to warrior decks. If you want to focus on the Xyz route, it seems like you decided on using Marauding Captian, but you can also try using Ninjas like gold and Hanzo, you can also throw in BLS at that point since Hanzo is dark and Gold is light, but BLS is kind of pricey and you'd need a revamp on the traps/onsters even more if you tried that. I would also suggest using 3 Fullhelmknight because it seems you like the lv 3 tuner idea. Summon Captain, special a lv 3 tuner, sync for lv 6. Solid play, but don't run tuners that are useless without Captain, its too inconsistent.
I'd try to focus on more Xyzs if you can. They're just too OP to not use, and your synchro choices pale in comparison. With my edits, Wayne and Scarred Warrior are un-syncable, so remove them. Also took out Mighty Warrior because he's just bad. Add some rank 3s, since marauding is lv 3 and is an instant rank 3(practically tour guide but less good, tour guide doesn't -1 like captain would).

Here's something I used in my generic warrior deck. I added Evocator Chevalier, Gemini Spark, and Supervise. All of them work together and do good work on card advantage. For targets for Supervise, you can run E-HERO Alius, Gemini Soldier, or Phoenix Gearfried, but I would go with Alius as the best choice, since tributing for Gearfried might be difficult and Soldier is a bit too circumstantial.

You can also run Rose, Warrior of Revenge for lv 8 synchro plays, lv 7 with Captain. I would only play 1 if you decide to.

Another good idea would be to use Destiny HEROs if you have any. Doom Lord is a great lv 3 that gets rid of problem monsters on the field, or you can combo it with marauding captain, banish their monster, overlay into Leviair, and steal their monster if it was a lv 4 or lower. Gets over Thunder King at least. Also you can run Malicious with D-draw, which adds a draw engine to the deck and a possible plus for mini defense, or add a lv 2 tuner like plaguespreader to make him into a lv 8 synchro option.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a finished decklist, or else it'd be my deck, not yours. My finished deck would look completely different from yours, possibly killing your entire idea for how this deck should run, so I don't want to completely butcher your deck into something you don't like. These are my suggestions though, and they won't all work in the same deck, it'd be a 50 card deck more than likely if you tried. Definitely take out the cards I suggested to take out though.

Add:
Rank 3s (Leviair, Leviathan, Zenmaines, etc.)
a few of the suggestions made above
Back to top Go down
Maseiku
WDA Member
WDA Member
Maseiku

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Maseiku

PostSubject: Re: My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)   My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips) EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks for the tips, i'll try and see what i can get from the newer cards altho my little brother should have allot of teh mentioned cards. Also i noticed the 'ninja' monsters are kind of interresting i might see what i can do with that later on.
Again thanks for the replie and pointers, most of it is really 'outdated' lol.
Also i have a envoy of teh beginning ( had it since it first came here)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)   My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips) Empty

Back to top Go down

My warrior deck(looking for hints and tips)
Page 1 of 1